ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

CANADIAN ES350 OWNERS: Lexus Canada - detail your ES experiences here

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06, 05:17 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, wanderer99, you have my condolences.

Would the dealership consider a trade for another Lexus rather than an outright buyback?

Whatever the answer, keep after them until your problems are resolved, one way or another.
Old 12-14-06, 05:41 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. There may be the option as a trade, with my vehicle being viewed as a used vehicle. But that's the same as any other person walking off the street really. There is no Lemon Law in Canada. So that's not an option.

I'm sure - as I've posted many times - that if you get a great vehicle, you'll have a great experience with Lexus. I'm just reporting that if you do have problems of a nature that they can't resolve, this is the treatment and resolution you can expect in Canada, which is different to what seems to happen in the US.

This board is all about comments, so everyone feel free to comment here - Canadian member or not. I put my resolution post in this thread as it is specifically Canadian in nature, and can act as information for other CA members. I didn't want to further confuse everyone trying to find relevant information in various threads. That's one of the reasons I started the TSIB Poll, to collate relevant info in once place. I think that worked well as we could finally see if the offered TSIB was working or not.

Everyone can comment in this thread if you like. Obviously you'll be commenting on our situation in CA, but please feel free to offer your opinion.
Old 12-14-06, 06:07 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the invite.

My French is not good so hope that is not a problem in this international communication.

I only know three things in it

Oui
Avec Peche which I got off a Yoplait yogurt container but I think Avec means with and peche means peach
And Je' teme used to impress the ladies or gents when in a jam

So here goes

Car avec problemme no? No Je' Teme car?
Old 12-14-06, 09:45 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 218 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Thanks for the invite.

My French is not good so hope that is not a problem in this international communication.
Only a very small % of Canadians speak French
Old 12-14-06, 11:10 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer99
I'm posting this here as it relates specifically to how Lexus Canada are dealing with the transmission issues we have, and what they're offering me (their customer) as a result. Potential customers should probably take note!!

My 2007 ES350 vehicle problem\issue history:
- Wind noise and engine noise reported to dealer on Day 3 of ownership.
- Broken door entry trim.
- 3 X Various rattles fixed by dealer
- Vehicle vibration at higher speed
- missing plugs under the vehicle causing more wind noise.
- Door\Floor\Seat\console vibration when hot and in gear
- Brakes squeal when reversing from parking spaces.
- Transmision confirmed faulty with 3/4 gear slip issue. Also slipped in 1/2, 2/3 and 4/5 at various times. Started slipping at 2000kms - 5+ mths ago.
- TSIB installed and failed - trans slips much worse than before!
- Second trans installed. New trans also slips 3/4 as before when cold, and 2/3 and 4/5 when hot sometimes. Started slipping 200kms after install.
- Steering now pulls to the left quite severely post trans install (not before!)
- Brakes are now very spongy and weird - again post trans install (not before).

I've had to call Lexus Canada three times to formally raise this as an issue. I've been to my dealer 8 times now (by my count) formally to try to address these issues.

I've asked Lexus Canada for a buy back to be rid of this vehicle, particularly as we're on the second transmission and I still have issues with slipping. Today they've advised that they will not be buying back the vehicle, despite me still having the slippage problem. They can't really repair my car, but I'm also stuck with it.

Lexus Canada would like me to continue to drive the vehicle for another 1500kms or so and see if the trans fixes itself. The Snr Lexus tech rep I met last week advised that his car was slipping post-trans install, but that it went away after 2000kms of driving the vehicle. I advised the tech that's great - but my first trans didn't require me to teach it how to behave as it worked great initially, as did the replacement for the first 200kms. I also described how I didn't want the TSIB as I believed it would fail (which it did) and I didn't want a second trans as I believed that would not fix the problem (which it hasn't!). I could understand what he was saying, but Lexus lost all credibility with me when they insisted the TSIB and then trans replacement would fix my issues when they didn't.

We discussed today what would happen if I did continue to drive the car for the next 1500kms and the trans didn't fix itself. They advised I should then contact my dealer and have them once again replicate the issue, then raise the problem again with Lexus officially myself. At that time they would again look at this and see if anything could be done.

Buyback is NOT on the table here. They simply won't do it. I am being offered nothing more than continuing to have to go to my dealer for repairs or to attempt more repairs. No extended warranty. No compensation. No new car. Nothing.

I then described to them that I'd have to make a booking tomorrow to drop my car in to fix the screwed up brakes and steering (from trans install), which would be visit #9. When the trans is still not working in a few weeks I would then get to do visit #10 and still not have a working vehicle.

So I told my Customer Care Consultant (CCC) that I'm leaving Lexus. I can't keep doing this. This "can't repair vehicle" nonsense has been going on since I reported the wind and engine noise on Day 3. My CCC then said I shouldn't leave Lexus, but that I should go to my Sales Manager and detail how unhappy I am and that they would certainly work something out for me. I told the CCC that I'm talking to her as my Sales Manager has said they can't help me and I have to raise this with Lexus Canada to get some resolution.
wow.. in BC no less. I figured it was only the Toyota dealers that tend to do the "I can't replicate the problem, so there isn't one and you're imagining things." I thought Lexus dealers would be much nicer (both in sales and service). We were thinking of an ES as the next step up from our Camry and given this has occurred, I'm not so sure now. We have issues with both the Camry and Prius and it took multiple visits to solve it

Camry:
A/C issue two summers ago (took so long, the warranty expired!)
driver seatbelt squeak (they even drove the Camry up the curb, thinking it was the suspension )
passenger seat heater light (can't replace bulb. Too difficult to get to it)

Prius:
ECU update (he fried my ECU, had to order a new one and when I finally got it back a week later, there were things that were broken and stuff that weren't replaced properly and plastics scratched. Ask me for full details if you wish)
Mudguard - installed incorrectly at dealer.
parts taking months to arrive (one glovebox button took a month!)

Anyway,

I hope your issue is resolved soon. I can't thinking of anything else other than maybe contacting the BBB??
Old 12-14-06, 07:07 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nextourer
wow.. in BC no less. I figured it was only the Toyota dealers that tend to do the "I can't replicate the problem, so there isn't one and you're imagining things." I thought Lexus dealers would be much nicer (both in sales and service).
They do actually agree the trans is still slipping. They just feel that it will correct itself within 2000kms of travel time. So for now, that's the resolution - keep driving and see if the problem stops. I'm not really prepared to test this for them, but amazingly I do have a long distance trip planned for the next week or so, so will likely pass this threshold anyway at that point. I guess we'll see!
Old 12-17-06, 02:03 AM
wcbwcb
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Wanderer99! I've been away from the boards this week due to a busy work & personal schedule. I was hoping to read some good news from you. Really sorry Lexus Canada is being such a major jerk. Have you considered using the Cdn Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (www.camvap.ca)? Don't know how effective they are but they are the closest we have to the lemon law.

Interestingly, I never heard back from my sales guy after I gave him the TSIB # for the flares. Too bad. I really thought he was sincere. And if he had called me back to talk straight about the ES, I probably would have bought a GS as an alternative. But after everything I've learned on CL and knowing the treatment you've been getting from Lexus and the silent treatment from the sales guy, I've decided to stay away from the ES and any other Lexus vehicle.

My Lexus 'experience' has left a very bitter impression. I can't have any confidence in a car maker that treats its customers the way you and many other ES owners have been treated. And that's not even mentioning the way Lexus is treating Canadian customers in general when it comes to pricing, option availability, etc.

I wish you every bit of luck in resolving your issues with Lexus, Wanderer. I can't see myself buying a Lexus, possibly ever. But I will check back with the boards to find out the final resolution to your ES.

Again, many thanks to everyone for the invaluable info provided on CL. It very likely saved me from the biggest car purchase mistake of my life (spoken by a 36 yr old who's had 10 mostly luxury/performance cars in 15 yrs - had to get my dig at Lexus ).
Old 12-17-06, 03:11 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

wcb..sorry for your experiences with that dealer, some can be like that, hope you stay with us at CL in spite of it.
Old 01-04-07, 07:09 PM
discoverer
Driver School Candidate

Default Good news

I have some good news about Canadian dealership. I decided quit ES350 and get car with AWD, which for our climate is a must.
Especially during winter, skiing in the mountains etc....
So, I have got back my deposit without any problems!!!!!!
Now, I am ready for G35X 2007 fully loaded, arriving in mid February!
I will miss this forum and all you guys. I think it is the best forum I have ever been to.
I wish you all the best.
So long........ maybe later Es350 will be available with AWD?
Discoverer
Old 01-15-07, 07:30 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wcbwcb
Hey Wanderer99! I've been away from the boards this week due to a busy work & personal schedule. I was hoping to read some good news from you. Really sorry Lexus Canada is being such a major jerk. Have you considered using the Cdn Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan (www.camvap.ca)? Don't know how effective they are but they are the closest we have to the lemon law.

Interestingly, I never heard back from my sales guy after I gave him the TSIB # for the flares. Too bad. I really thought he was sincere. And if he had called me back to talk straight about the ES, I probably would have bought a GS as an alternative. But after everything I've learned on CL and knowing the treatment you've been getting from Lexus and the silent treatment from the sales guy, I've decided to stay away from the ES and any other Lexus vehicle.

My Lexus 'experience' has left a very bitter impression. I can't have any confidence in a car maker that treats its customers the way you and many other ES owners have been treated. And that's not even mentioning the way Lexus is treating Canadian customers in general when it comes to pricing, option availability, etc.

I wish you every bit of luck in resolving your issues with Lexus, Wanderer. I can't see myself buying a Lexus, possibly ever. But I will check back with the boards to find out the final resolution to your ES.

Again, many thanks to everyone for the invaluable info provided on CL. It very likely saved me from the biggest car purchase mistake of my life (spoken by a 36 yr old who's had 10 mostly luxury/performance cars in 15 yrs - had to get my dig at Lexus ).
Thanks wcbwcb. Didn't know about the camvap, but I'm completely 'over' the whole Lexus experience now and just want - need - to be out of this car. Nothing much has changed - trans still slips, vehicle still creaks. No follow up from Lexus or my dealer as to how things are.

Before Xmas Lexus Corporate were concerned when I advised them I was planning to leave Lexus as my vehicle just wasn't fixed, and the issues weren't being resolved. As my vehicle was at the dealer for service and more repairs, they asked if I'd be interested in another Lexus vehicle. I mentioned I'd consider an RX350 with PP. Lexus Corporate advised they'd call my dealer and get them to give me a written "offer" to help assist me move into an RX350. I understood from this I'd receive a trade in valuation, as well as a deal on an RX350. This "offer" would be sealed and available when I collected my vehicle from the Service Dept.

Maybe Lexus Canada can't communicate clearly with my dealer, I don't know.

When I collected my vehicle there was indeed a trade-in valuation for my vehicle. After paying $48.4K+tax for the vehicle, and having driven 17,000 troubled kilometres my dealer is offering......

$33K.

There was no offer for anything else. Certainly no deal or any info on an RX.

I too am around your age - I'm 35 - and our next car will be around $60K in value. Will I be buying another Lexus in Canada? Well, they're not really giving me any reason to stick with them at this point. Lowballing me on the trade really doesn't help their case either.
Old 01-15-07, 07:38 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks wcbwcb. Didn't know about the camvap, but I'm completely 'over' the whole Lexus experience now and just want - need - to be out of this car. Nothing much has changed - trans still slips, vehicle still creaks. No follow up from Lexus or my dealer as to how things are.

Before Xmas Lexus Corporate were concerned when I advised them I was planning to leave Lexus as my vehicle just wasn't fixed, and the issues weren't being resolved. As my vehicle was at the dealer for service and more repairs, they asked if I'd be interested in another Lexus vehicle. I mentioned I'd consider an RX350 with PP. Lexus Corporate advised they'd call my dealer and get them to give me a written "offer" to help assist me move into an RX350. I understood from this I'd receive a trade in valuation, as well as a deal on an RX350. This "offer" would be sealed and available when I collected my vehicle from the Service Dept.

When I collected my vehicle there was indeed a trade-in valuation for my vehicle. After paying $48.4K+tax for the vehicle, and having driven 17,000 troubled kilometres my dealer is offering......

$33K.

I too am around your age - I'm 35 - and our next car will be around $60K in value. Will I be buying another Lexus in Canada? Well, they're not really giving me any reason to stick with them at this point. Lowballing me on the trade really doesn't help their case either.
After your experience, why would you even consider another Lexus?
Old 01-15-07, 07:57 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

$33K.

Wanderer,

After all that you have been through, I'm really surprised that you haven't attached a big yellow lemon sticker to the windows of your car saying "Lemon = Lexus". This or course would be the last resort....but in your case with their low ball offer, I think you can read the writing on the wall.... Lexus won't be helping you with your Lemon.

Sorry to hear of your continuing troubles!
Old 01-16-07, 10:16 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexBob2
After your experience, why would you even consider another Lexus?
I am curious about something. You have past posted similar to me regarding getting away from Lexus completely, as you did to Wanderer above.

Though I and Wanderer, others, could bend and twist the ear of Lexus corporate and perhaps could, figurativerly, not literally, pimp slap some associated with Lexus over our vehicle plight we STILL advocate members check out the far less problematic GS or IS, or in my case, suggest they get away from a rat acting Lexus dealer and go to another wonderful Lexus dealer as Orlando; yet, you seem to advocate to people to get completely away from Lexus entirely as you do to Wanderer above and have to me yet indicate you have no issues with your vehicle.

As for Wanderer, I hope he does whatever makes him happy and his family happy, whether that is another Lexus model free of these significant issues of the ES350, or a moped.
Old 01-16-07, 10:43 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
I am curious about something. You have past posted similar to me regarding getting away from Lexus completely, as you did to Wanderer above.

Though I and Wanderer, others, could bend and twist the ear of Lexus corporate and perhaps could, figurativerly, not literally, pimp slap some associated with Lexus over our vehicle plight we STILL advocate members check out the far less problematic GS or IS, or in my case, suggest they get away from a rat acting Lexus dealer and go to another wonderful Lexus dealer as Orlando; yet, you seem to advocate to people to get completely away from Lexus entirely as you do to Wanderer above and have to me yet indicate you have no issues with your vehicle.

As for Wanderer, I hope he does whatever makes him happy and his family happy, whether that is another Lexus model free of these significant issues of the ES350, or a moped.
I'm not advocating anyone get away from Lexus at all. Just wondering about staying with them after bad experiences with a car, dealer and/or corporate. Seems like it might be tempting fate, to go with another model.
Old 01-16-07, 10:31 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$33K.

Quick Reply: CANADIAN ES350 OWNERS: Lexus Canada - detail your ES experiences here