ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

So....What's wrong with me

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-06, 08:57 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let us know what you think of the new trans. I'm collecting my vehicle tomorrow with a new trans, and we both went through the TSIB failure as well. It will be interesting to compare notes.
Old 12-01-06, 01:59 PM
gpension
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They dropped my car off, and as soon as I got in, I noticed a big scratch across the plastic covering the speedometer. I called them, and they are ordering a replacement part.

Took it out this morning, and had a flare (although certainly smaller) between 3-4.

Let us know how yours goes as well.
Old 12-01-06, 02:18 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by gpension
They dropped my car off, and as soon as I got in, I noticed a big scratch across the plastic covering the speedometer. I called them, and they are ordering a replacement part.

Took it out this morning, and had a flare (although certainly smaller) between 3-4.

Truly unbelievable, albeit expected (not the scratch, though). So next on the agenda is a new transmission? Isn't that the drill? And then when that doesn't work, a new car?
Old 12-01-06, 02:49 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by e-man
Truly unbelievable, albeit expected (not the scratch, though). So next on the agenda is a new transmission? Isn't that the drill? And then when that doesn't work, a new car?
e-man,

That was his transmission that was just replaced he was talking about, next for him should be a buyback if the flare keeps happening and seems to me from his post, will.
Old 12-01-06, 03:48 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Oh, does this sound familiar Wait a week until flares will go up to 500 rpm, go to the dealership for confirmation, and insist on buyback or another new Lexus.
Old 12-01-06, 04:03 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
e-man,

That was his transmission that was just replaced he was talking about, next for him should be a buyback if the flare keeps happening and seems to me from his post, will.
Sorry, my mistake. I'm having a hard time keeping everyone's tranny problems straight.
Old 12-01-06, 04:10 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Sorry, my mistake. I'm having a hard time keeping everyone's tranny problems straight.

Ok, we'll let you slide this time, but will keep an eye on you.
Old 12-01-06, 08:48 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Wow, I'll have to keep the eye's wide open I do have the diesel sound on the cold start.
Old 12-01-06, 08:57 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gpension

Picked up the car today. Noticed a small 3-4 flare when HOT this evening, but we've only driven two quick freeway trips so far. Trans seems smoother overall with 2-3 being super smooth. More testing tomorrow, far too early to tell.

Interesting that they scratched your car and didn't mention it. My car is dirty so I can't really check the exterior as it didn't get washed. I did like though the fact that they've driven it and added some kms (which was expected) and that my next service interval is.... 400 kms away. So my car gets to go back to the dealer again within the next week or so. You'd think they'd have serviced as it was so close but... no. I expect too much.

I'm beginning to think my car loves being back at the dealer. Maybe its homesick? Separation anxiety? I haven't heard anything from Lexus or my dealer regarding an extended warranty. To date I'm the only who has ever mentioned it.

Any takers on bets that we probably don't get the extended 7yr warranty in Canada for trans failure\replacement?
Old 12-02-06, 06:32 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wanderer99
Picked up the car today. Noticed a small 3-4 flare when HOT this evening, but we've only driven two quick freeway trips so far. Trans seems smoother overall with 2-3 being super smooth. More testing tomorrow, far too early to tell.

Interesting that they scratched your car and didn't mention it. My car is dirty so I can't really check the exterior as it didn't get washed. I did like though the fact that they've driven it and added some kms (which was expected) and that my next service interval is.... 400 kms away. So my car gets to go back to the dealer again within the next week or so. You'd think they'd have serviced as it was so close but... no. I expect too much.

I'm beginning to think my car loves being back at the dealer. Maybe its homesick? Separation anxiety? I haven't heard anything from Lexus or my dealer regarding an extended warranty. To date I'm the only who has ever mentioned it.

Any takers on bets that we probably don't get the extended 7yr warranty in Canada for trans failure\replacement?
I don't see how they could justify giving the extended warranty here and not in Canada. I'm betting that you will get it but it seems you will have to fight to get it.

And not hearing anything back in a response from Lexus corporate is the norm from my many experiences with them, you will have to chase them for the answer you need.
Old 12-02-06, 10:02 AM
osokuko
Pole Position

Well, you can add osokuko to the list now too. I posted on thread "Transmission TSIB Repair Results" my post to the service center 2 days ago. I'm having the Valve Body installed next week. So I'll post here on how things go after the TSIB has been installed.
Old 12-03-06, 06:13 AM
marcinNH
Driver School Candidate

Wanderer,

After I called corporate (shortly after tranny replacement) the front line service rep. forwarded my extended warranty request to a manager. I had one or two status update calls from corporate over the next week and a half telling me that the request was in progress and being evaluated. I don't think I heard back with the approval until about 2 weeks after the initial request. Then I received confirmation by mail along with the new policy identification number...

So, in a nutshell it took a couple of weeks before my request was officially approved...

Marc
Old 12-03-06, 03:35 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

OK - my new replacement trans officially has problems. I've had it for 3 days and it's starting all over again.

Picked up Friday morning from dealer.
Friday - 3/4 change slip when HOT.
Sat - fine.
Today - Classic 3/4 slip when cold, then 4/5 slip once hot.

Went to the dealer today - advised to go to Lexus Corp again as nothing the dealer can do for me. Dealer did advise that this is probably because it was one of the first cars to come out, which have been problematic. I said I don't care - I paid a quality vehicle, and this isn't what I received. We'll see what Lexus Corp say tomorrow I guess.
Old 12-03-06, 03:42 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

OK - my new replacement trans officially has problems. I've had it for 3 days and it's starting all over again.

Picked up Friday morning from dealer.
Friday - 3/4 change slip when HOT.
Sat - fine.
Today - Classic 3/4 slip when cold, then 4/5 slip once hot.

Went to the dealer today - advised to go to Lexus Corp again as nothing the dealer can do for me. Dealer did advise that this is probably because it was one of the first cars to come out, which have been problematic. I said I don't care - I paid a quality vehicle, and this isn't what I received. We'll see what Lexus Corp say tomorrow I guess.
Why is there nothing the dealer can do for you? You bought the car from them. They made money on the sale of your car. They made money on the servicing of your car. Why are they turning their back on you? Ridiculous.
Old 12-03-06, 03:48 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Why is there nothing the dealer can do for you? You bought the car from them. They made money on the sale of your car. They made money on the servicing of your car. Why are they turning their back on you? Ridiculous.
Correct - dealer Sales Manager says there is nothing they can do. Have been referred to Lexus Corp again for the third time, and also the Service Manager for them to follow up on what to do.

Quick Reply: So....What's wrong with me