ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2007 MY ES350 Mid-Year Price Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-06, 09:58 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=twister;2285772][QUOTE=jjbodean;2285732]not even sure if that is an option, but i am ok with just hanging out with the rest of you guys!

JJ, I think what you are doing here in the forum is more effective than any advertising. Not to step on CL admin's toes, like it was mentioned that adds are more for a support of the community rather than advertisement of dealership, unless its from CA where you competition is over the top. Even so you are a small dealership, how many of those are in AL? I'm sure anybody in your local area will know about and where to find you!

Your contribution with non-BS replies and knowledgeable insights is very appreciated by me and all the members of this great CL community!!!
I agree, I've seen his posts and maybe CL can structure something so that contributing sales people that are involved here with us can also be recognized for their locations, small dealerships.

Like a limited fee and limited access for anything looking like an ad. Signature line only appearing when responding to a subject or something, but no subject posts of sales deals allowed or something like that.
Old 12-09-06, 10:27 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the positive feedback guys. i will just keep doing what i have been doing for the time being. i have been with lexus since 1999 and have met many, many wonderful people, both at other dealers and also customers through the dealerships where i have worked (recently moved to a new city and had a great opportunity to come to the dealer in my new town). i wouldnt imagine working anywhere else.
Old 12-09-06, 12:33 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbodean
i could only do that if i paid to advertise my dealership on CL, and my owner is not willing to spend the money in our ad budget. we are a small store (40-45 new cars per month). i enjoy getting feedback from lexus owners and the interaction, as well as being able to provide some "no BS" info from the dealer side. i try to stick to the facts and let the members draw their own conclusions. i do have members PM me from time to time for off the record advice, which i am glad to provide as well.
jj, what kind of monthly volume would a large store do? Not neccesarily a mega dealer, but one who does a good steady volume. Thanks.
Old 12-09-06, 12:48 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

i would say between 125-150 per month, maybe more. i havent ever worked at a large store just kidding, i dont mind the smaller store, it allows me the ability to get to know my customers better and its a bit more laid back than a store in a big metro area
Old 12-09-06, 01:02 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by jjbodean
i would say between 125-150 per month, maybe more. i havent ever worked at a large store just kidding, i dont mind the smaller store, it allows me the ability to get to know my customers better and its a bit more laid back than a store in a big metro area
JJ. I posted the following in another thread, but didn't get a response. Since you have been around Lexus for a while, you could probably give me some insight. I am curious if Parker has really achieved something special, or if it is just marketing hype.

-------------

I was wondering if every Lexus dealership can play tricks with their ranking among dealers.

Parker lexus is claiming to be the "#1 out of 218 Lexus dealerships in the Nation in New Car Sales Satisfaction" on their website.

http://www.parkerlexus.com/en_US/

and the Elite of Lexus winner for 2005 (how many dealerships a year get this?)

http://www.parkerlexus.com/en_US/frm...rpInfo_1.chtml

I will say that they recently moved into a new building that is pretty darn nice. All the offices are wood and glass and it puts to shame any dealership (not Lexus, but in general) I have seen before, but then again I haven't gone to dealers on the coasts.

After reading a lot of posts, and reviews of the cars (forum reviews and magazine/website reviews) I decided to go ahead and get one for my wife. She just fell in love with the ES, but I have to admit that there is a big part of me that thinks I am taking a $42,000 gamble.

Her red UL ES (produced sometime in October) is still in route to the dealership and isn't due until around Chrstmas (not sure if it is on the water or at the port). Hopefully I won't regret it.
Old 12-09-06, 01:46 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

if they claim to be #1 in new car sales satisfaction, i wouldnt doubt it. i personally know the general sales manager there, keith calderera, i would consider him to be a good friend of mine.

i dont know for sure, but if i had to guess i would estimate probably half the dealers in the country qualify for the elite of lexus award. we were elite in 2003 and 2005 and should attain it again this year.

enjoy your new lexus when it does arrive!
Old 12-09-06, 03:03 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by twister
JJ, I think what you are doing here in the forum is more effective than any advertising. Not to step on CL admin's toes, like it was mentioned that adds are more for a support of the community rather than advertisement of dealership, unless its from CA where you competition is over the top. Even so you are a small dealership, how many of those are in AL? I'm sure anybody in your local area will know about and where to find you!

Your contribution with non-BS replies and knowledgeable insights is very appreciated by me and all the members of this great CL community!!!
Ditto. Hopefully, it works both ways in that you benefit from getting the Lexus owners' perspectives.

e
Old 12-10-06, 09:54 PM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyay, getting back on track.

Hmm, that's nothing new. The Prius got 3 price adjustments within a one year period from Toyota Canada... ouch. I only got caught by the first adjustment (+Cdn$300)