ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

UPDATE! You are NOT going to believe this! 8 months wait & the car is NEVER coming!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06 | 12:22 AM
Inocen1
Driver School Candidate

Hey Everyone,
TRI H20, I will look for those other infiniti and MB forums for talk about the dynamic cruise. I'm interested in what they have to say about that, but I do take a lot of road trips, so its hard to say no to what I consider such a handy feature and at some point, after you've waited 8 months for something, it kinda starts to become something more than it really is. It's like I'm running on the sheer principle of the matter at this point. I didn't wait 8 freakin months for nothing, know what I mean? Also, I really enjoyed it when I test drove the Infiniti.

Bob, I only wanted to see if they were further lying to me about the accident. I'd then be completely done with them. At this point I'm waiting to see if they are willing to offer me anything more, like maybe 60,000 mile warranty. I'll be finding out tomorrow. Either way though, they were telling the truth there, which makes me feel... a bit better. Also, I'll definitely give the Orlando dealer a call, they sound great. I'd rather give my money to them.

1SickLex, I totally agree with you. At this point they aren't offering me enough. I'm really pretty amazed that their offer was so low. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Wanderer99, Thank you for your opinion on that. Tomorrow is pretty much the big day. I'm going to see what they offer, and if its still crap, I'm gone.

And to everyone here, I'm really starting to see your point on going up to the GS. You're right, it would be a huge price hit for resale. My thoughts have really turned that direction many times. Its a real trade off though. I love the ES's gas milage, I love that panoramic sunroof, I like how the interior feels more open than the GS. I've also been following this forum for about 8 months now and I gotta say, these problems you guys are having is not making things look pretty. I'm sorry that you all are having them btw. The discounting on the RL is definitely tempting though...

I gotta say I can't bring myself to go with the 5 series or the MB though. My 99 3 series that I currently have has fallen apart on me in about every way possible. Plus maintenance costs have just been astrominical because "It's a BMW." A friend of mine got his Lexus repaired with the same problems mine had and it was half the cost. I also know MB has bad reliability. So I'm just out of the German market. Lastly, I have to say no to the Audi because IMHO the interior is just ugly.

Twister, you are exactly on my wave length. I'm one of those people that have had my BMW since 99. Way past warranty period and it has just gone crazy down hill and fast. The Infiniti M and Acura RL topped my list on second bests to the Lexus ES actually. I'm not a big fan of either ones interior though. I hate to sound so damn picky, but its just obviously a big purchase and as we all know on this ES board, you have a right to be picky.

JJboDean, Thank you very much for the inner workings report on how Lexus special ordering works. That does actually make me feel a bit better about the whole situation. I tell you what, honesty really is the best policy. They did tell me that the screw up happened at the distribution phase, not at the dealership. I don't know if I buy that now, especially from what you're saying.

Redrum, thank you as well for the insider info. It does actually help to better understand the incompetency that I've apparently been witness to in this situation.

Overall, I'm seriously considering finding a used GS430 and just going with it. Shoot, if I looked hard enough I might even beable to find one used with Dynamic cruise. Guess I better start making calls.

Seriously, thank you to EVERYONE for your help here. You've really helped to make my decisions easier in this situation.

Oh and if you happen to know any dealer that can get ahold of a new or used ES or GS with dynamic cruise then basically please let him know that he's just made a sale and PLEASE PM me (barring the little details of course... I'm not taking Moonshell Mica LOL).

Matthew

Last edited by Inocen1; 12-14-06 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-14-06 | 05:40 AM
dreyfus
Racer

Inocen1, at this point if Lexus of Richmond isn't bending over backwards to correct their mistake then I'd dump them. A 100,000 extended warranty would be the absolute minimum to keep me even talking to them.

I bought my car from Johnson Lexus in Raleigh and had a good experience. They're the closest Lexus dealer south of you.

I wouldn't recommend the MB just because of the reliability issues. Also, the MB dynamic cruise can't be directly compared to Toyota's. They're different animals.

I see in the other thread that you've opted for the GS. Make absolutely sure it's the car you want, and it's equipped the way you want. Although all this up-front work has been pure hell for you, remember that you'll be driving that car for a long time. If you're anthing like me, you'll be kicking yourself two years from now if you settled for something less than you wanted. For the money you're spending, make sure you get exactly what will make you happy.

Last edited by dreyfus; 12-14-06 at 05:47 AM.
Old 12-14-06 | 05:45 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by RedrumGTS
A few problems I can come up with regarding your order. I know a lot of dealers in Canada and specialized in the dealer development in school.

1. if you were leasing you'd get better treatment from the dealer until you got the car. reason being is cause they make money of you up front, each month and once you bring the car back they sell if again to make money and get more money outta you when you get into a newer one.

2. That dealer may be a short volume dealer and their alocation of vehicles may be much lower than others. In situations of special order vehicles ALWAYS order them from some of the countries highest volume selling dealers. The dealers that sell more are liked more by head office and therefore usually get better treatment from HO... This means they can guarantee sell that car you special order and HO will process the order sooner.

3. theres a dumb *** woman working in HO doing the purchasing and logistics of all lexus vehicles and to here these cars are nothing but numbers (VIN) she doesn't know what all the numbers and letters in the VIN mean. To here a car that sounds the similar to another is probably the same and therefore sent it to the wrong place. IF she didnt order your car right in the first place.
you have absolutely no idea what is going on, none of this is valid
Old 12-14-06 | 06:49 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Inocen1

Bob, I only wanted to see if they were further lying to me about the accident. I'd then be completely done with them. At this point I'm waiting to see if they are willing to offer me anything more, like maybe 60,000 mile warranty. I'll be finding out tomorrow. Either way though, they were telling the truth there, which makes me feel... a bit better. Also, I'll definitely give the Orlando dealer a call, they sound great. I'd rather give my money to them.

Matthew
Matthew,

By all means at least talk with them, I PM'd you the contact info. You could come down to see all the Worlds here, Disney, Sea etc., and take less than 2 hours to buy yourself a nice car while you are at it.

When they bailed me out of my former ES350 lemonmobile, it took less than 1 hour to finalize everything when you subtract the time of me gawking at the LS they had there and the time that took.

Go for the 07 GS, it clearly has the potential for FAR less problems and less stress as a result.

If you want a Mercedes dealer info, one who deals and I mean deals, let me know and I'll PM that to you too.
Old 12-14-06 | 10:53 AM
rboyle23
Rookie

Inocen1...check you pm's
Old 12-14-06 | 02:08 PM
TRI H2O
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RedrumGTS
A few problems I can come up with regarding your order. I know a lot of dealers in Canada and specialized in the dealer development in school.

1. if you were leasing you'd get better treatment from the dealer until you got the car. reason being is cause they make money of you up front, each month and once you bring the car back they sell if again to make money and get more money outta you when you get into a newer one.

2. That dealer may be a short volume dealer and their alocation of vehicles may be much lower than others. In situations of special order vehicles ALWAYS order them from some of the countries highest volume selling dealers. The dealers that sell more are liked more by head office and therefore usually get better treatment from HO... This means they can guarantee sell that car you special order and HO will process the order sooner.

3. theres a dumb *** woman working in HO doing the purchasing and logistics of all lexus vehicles and to here these cars are nothing but numbers (VIN) she doesn't know what all the numbers and letters in the VIN mean. To here a car that sounds the similar to another is probably the same and therefore sent it to the wrong place. IF she didnt order your car right in the first place.
RedrumGTS - your item 3 is totally inappropriate - sadly I am also Canadian and this hopefully doesn't reflect badly on all of us Canucks. I thought the days of this type of language were far behind us.
Old 12-14-06 | 02:29 PM
Ingram4868
Driver

While my Avalon limited has it I find I bypass it and go to the regular cruise control more often. It just strikes me as odd that Toyota would sell features like dynamic cruise, reclining rear seats, or provide a switch to turn off the daytime running lights and not put them in the Lexus line.
Old 12-14-06 | 08:51 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by jjbodean
i would guess what happened is the dealer got allocated the car and accidentally traded it to another dealer by mistake. there was obviously a major communication error on the part of the district sales rep, or between sales managers at the dealership. we all know the lexus special order process sucks not only for the customers, but for the dealers as well. i have ordered cars in the past and nearly traded them away when they popped into my inventory and i had forgotten all about them cause it had taken so long for them to arrive, not that that is supposed to make you feel any better...

i just had 2 cars i had ordered hit my inventory on this last allocation, however my district rep flagged them for me as special order units to alert me, which was very helpful. then i made sure to reserve them and flag them with the customers name so the sales manager wouldnt trade them off by mistake.

i would suggest finding another dealer and negotiating your deal properly instead of paying full price for the unit, if you really, really have to have the laser cruise

just my $.02
This is essentially how my car is coming. It has been allocated to another dealer. Parker called them to find out if it was already sold to a customer (he told me he might have what I was looking for -- Red UL --, but it took a day or longer to confirm). Once they confirmed it was available, they agreed on the swap. It will arrive at the dealer that had it allocated to them, they are going to inspect and accept, and then Parker will send a truck to get it.

I am not sure why they didn't have it rerouted to Parker (it won't arrive at the other dealer until the day after Christmas), maybe it was too far along in the allocation process.
Old 12-14-06 | 09:30 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by tnedator
I am not sure why they didn't have it rerouted to Parker (it won't arrive at the other dealer until the day after Christmas), maybe it was too far along in the allocation process.
thats probably the case since parker gets their cars out of the long beach port and not jacksonville. it takes them longer to get their cars from the port than it does me, so chances are it has gotten past the point of no return from long beach.

just a guess...
Old 12-17-06 | 08:41 PM
Inocen1
Driver School Candidate

Just to let anyone know who might be keeping track of this thread, I decided to buy a used 06 GS300 and its awesome! Things really worked out for the best thanks to you guys.
Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails UPDATE!  You are NOT going to believe this!  8 months wait & the car is NEVER coming!-1292897960.213213233.im1.main.565x421_a.557x421.jpg