ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

UPDATE! You are NOT going to believe this! 8 months wait & the car is NEVER coming!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-06, 03:17 PM
Inocen1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE! You are NOT going to believe this! 8 months wait & the car is NEVER coming!

For anyone that doesn't know about my situation, here is a link to my prior thread. The short and sweet of it is, I ordered a car in May and was told by the dealer that it would have Dynamic Cruise Control as long as I got the Ultra Luxury (my mistake in trusting the dealer). 2 and half months later the car comes in and of course there was no Dynamic Cruise Control. I told them that I'm not taking the car without it. So instead I was going to have to wait another 4 months (what the told me at least) for the special order. I reluctantly said alright and so I waited 4 months. 4 months have now turned into 5 and here I am with the current situation below...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=252357

I think this issue is deserving of a completely new thread.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have been informed one hour ago that the car is NEVER going to be here. I can't even begin to describe to you how upset this makes me.
Apparently, from what they now tell me, the car was coming in but was given to another dealer by mistake. Today they made calls to retrieve that vehicle but were unable to because it had been sold.
I talked with the Vice President at the dealership. Now they are saying that the best they can do is "Expedite" the order so that instead of four months, it will take three for the special order to be built. Also, they will throw in a 20,000 mile warranty equating to about a 700 dollar value and XM radio. Lastly, if I'm willing to forget about the Dynamic Cruise Control (which is why I have waited EIGHT months now!) they can probably get me the car in a matter of weeks. Like I said in my old thread, its the way I wanted the car, I've waited 8 months for it. The car that I get should have it. I'm not paying 50,000 for something that isn't the way you want. Would you?
What would you do in this situation? Personally, I think their "compensation" is absolutely PATHETIC. What do you all think?
I'm considering just saying forget it completely and going about everything in my power to bad mouth this dealership (Lexus of Richmond). Obviously there is the power of the internet, but lets face it, no matter what I did, it would be buried pretty quickly. However, I do actually have a local news anchor who is a friend of mine across the hall from me and I am very tempted to see if they would be interested in a story like this. I'm guessing its not big time enough, but I do see customer dissatisfaction pieces on the news occasionally.
I am so angry, but I feel I have very little recourse in the matter here. I'm asking for you guys advice. What should I do? Do you all have a new dealer recommendation?
Either way, thanks for listening. This situation has just been a complete nightmare for me. You don't wait 8 months, get emotionally invested, tell all your friends about the new car you're getting, just to be told "oops, it was given to the wrong dealer." We'll offer you a 1200 in compensation.
I barely know what to say at this point other than, I pretty much hate Lexus at the moment. I know you guys love your vehicles and I can't base everything off of one experience, but this wasn't (apparently) the dealerships fault. They say it was farther up than that, in distribution.
Man, you guys, I need a beer.

Matthew
Old 12-13-06, 03:22 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Inocen1
For anyone that doesn't know about my situation, here is a link to my prior thread. The short and sweet of it is, I ordered a car in May and was told by the dealer that it would have Dynamic Cruise Control as long as I got the Ultra Luxury (my mistake in trusting the dealer). 2 and half months later the car comes in and of course there was no Dynamic Cruise Control. I told them that I'm not taking the car without it. So instead I was going to have to wait another 4 months (what the told me at least) for the special order. I reluctantly said alright and so I waited 4 months. 4 months have now turned into 5 and here I am with the current situation below...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=252357

I think this issue is deserving of a completely new thread.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
I have been informed one hour ago that the car is NEVER going to be here. I can't even begin to describe to you how upset this makes me.
Apparently, from what they now tell me, the car was coming in but was given to another dealer by mistake. Today they made calls to retrieve that vehicle but were unable to because it had been sold.
I talked with the Vice President at the dealership. Now they are saying that the best they can do is "Expedite" the order so that instead of four months, it will take three for the special order to be built. Also, they will throw in a 20,000 mile warranty equating to about a 700 dollar value and XM radio. Lastly, if I'm willing to forget about the Dynamic Cruise Control (which is why I have waited EIGHT months now!) they can probably get me the car in a matter of weeks. Like I said in my old thread, its the way I wanted the car, I've waited 8 months for it. The car that I get should have it. I'm not paying 50,000 for something that isn't the way you want. Would you?
What would you do in this situation? Personally, I think their "compensation" is absolutely PATHETIC. What do you all think?
I'm considering just saying forget it completely and going about everything in my power to bad mouth this dealership (Lexus of Richmond). Obviously there is the power of the internet, but lets face it, no matter what I did, it would be buried pretty quickly. However, I do actually have a local news anchor who is a friend of mine across the hall from me and I am very tempted to see if they would be interested in a story like this. I'm guessing its not big time enough, but I do see customer dissatisfaction pieces on the news occasionally.
I am so angry, but I feel I have very little recourse in the matter here. I'm asking for you guys advice. What should I do? Do you all have a new dealer recommendation?
Either way, thanks for listening. This situation has just been a complete nightmare for me. You don't wait 8 months, get emotionally invested, tell all your friends about the new car you're getting, just to be told "oops, it was given to the wrong dealer." We'll offer you a 1200 in compensation.
I barely know what to say at this point other than, I pretty much hate Lexus at the moment. I know you guys love your vehicles and I can't base everything off of one experience, but this wasn't (apparently) the dealerships fault. They say it was farther up than that, in distribution.
Man, you guys, I need a beer.

Matthew
That is just awful.....I told you my view before...but psychdoc said it best....tell them to shove the car.

If the initial wait and delays were not enough of a bad omen, this clinches it....
Old 12-13-06, 03:34 PM
Inocen1
Driver School Candidate

Bob, do you have a recommendation of a dealership?
Old 12-13-06, 03:37 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Bob, do you have a recommendation of a dealership?
No, I don't unless you are looking for a Mercedes and don't mind buying it out of state.

I take that back..if you don't mind buying out of state PM me and I'll give you a name and number of a Lexus dealer in my state FL and who knows you might get a better deal.
Old 12-13-06, 03:39 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

I almost forgot...JJbodean might know of a dealer who can help you too.

sorry JJ, almost forgot you know of some dealers.
Old 12-13-06, 03:51 PM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Matthew, this is unbelievable. But this does not make sense! Vehicles just don't get shipped to the wrong place....do they? Bob nailed it....maybe JJ will chime in.

I believe your closest dealer is Charles Barker in Newport News. But why would you want to go back to square one again? Man O man! So sorry!
Old 12-13-06, 03:53 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about all the painful experience of yours. It's no wonder Lexus is getting ranked lower and lower in J. D. Power's sales satisfaction survey.
Old 12-13-06, 03:54 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Inocen, I'd suggest you walk, no, run away from that whole situation ASAP. I'd also suggest that you reconsider spending $50K on an ES. As nice as they are, that's way too much for the car. If you want to spend $50K there are a lot of other choices where you'd get more bang for your bucks. Good luck, I hope this whole thing works out OK for you.
Old 12-13-06, 04:07 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

If I remember right you were going to lease this vehicle?

If so you are victim of the bird in the hand carrying cash for the whole amount of car sale vs. income from a lease. They gave your car to the person wanting to buy one.

If I remebered wrong and you were not going to lease....doesn't matter if I am wrong because it It is HORRIBLE anyway and there is some LIE behind it disappearing as it did.
Old 12-13-06, 04:17 PM
Inocen1
Driver School Candidate

Bob,
No I was straight up buying it, and for full value too.
Old 12-13-06, 04:25 PM
Inocen1
Driver School Candidate

LexBob2, I'm definitely interested in what cars you recommend over the Lexus ES?
Thanks,
Matthew

I'm gonna be back in a couple hours. I'm taking a trip over there right now. This is a side issue and one I didn't mention, but here it is: So you know the original vehicle I ordered that he told me would have the Dynamic Cruise, but didn't... I thought they made it a demo vehicle because the EXACT same ultra luxury with the black glass roof and color was a demo vehicle the next time I went. So I asked about that one today saying maybe you could sell me that one now. So he said its not the same vehicle, but I'll look into whether we can do that. He calls back about an hour later to tell me that it JUST got in a rear end collision! So for the hell of it, I'm gonna go there, get the VIN on the vehicle and a) find out if it was the one I turned down, and b) find out if a rear end collision ever comes up on the vehicle report online. I'm doing this completely out of spite at this point.
Old 12-13-06, 04:26 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Bob,
No I was straight up buying it, and for full value too.

It is so sad no matter and sorry to read of you going through it.

How could they lose a special order car, it makes no sense at all.

Maybe somebody is looking out for you and the thing would have had a transmission issue or wind noise or engine knocking tapping and you are supposed to wait for the 08 or at current rate of action the 09 and go on a lavish trip for Christmas/Holidays instead that does not require a car.
Old 12-13-06, 04:32 PM
Inocen1
Driver School Candidate

lol, Bob you may be right :-) I'm kind of curious at this point when the 08's would be expected and whether I could special order the vehicle earlier than when they start coming in.
Old 12-13-06, 04:37 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

lol, Bob you may be right :-) I'm kind of curious at this point when the 08's would be expected and whether I could special order the vehicle earlier than when they start coming in.

My guess is the 08 will have wind noise and diesel engine issues because they ignore them in the 07

Back to omens....

Now the black one has had an accident???

Yup, somebody is looking out for you. If I were Lisa Wiliams I'd say with certainty it's your grandmother.

I see a nice black with stone interior MB E350 in your life soon, very soon and at a bargain price.
Old 12-13-06, 04:43 PM
tnedator
Driver

LexBob2, I'm definitely interested in what cars you recommend over the Lexus ES?
Thanks,
Matthew

I'm gonna be back in a couple hours. I'm taking a trip over there right now. This is a side issue and one I didn't mention, but here it is: So you know the original vehicle I ordered that he told me would have the Dynamic Cruise, but didn't... I thought they made it a demo vehicle because the EXACT same ultra luxury with the black glass roof and color was a demo vehicle the next time I went. So I asked about that one today saying maybe you could sell me that one now. So he said its not the same vehicle, but I'll look into whether we can do that. He calls back about an hour later to tell me that it JUST got in a rear end collision! So for the hell of it, I'm gonna go there, get the VIN on the vehicle and a) find out if it was the one I turned down, and b) find out if a rear end collision ever comes up on the vehicle report online. I'm doing this completely out of spite at this point.
I would be royally pissed at this point if this happened to me. Two of my three Subarus and two of the Fords I previously owned, I had ordered, both because I wanted it exactly the way I wanted the car, AND because I didn't want a car that people had test driven. In those cases, the cars always arrived very close to the date I was originally told (the Subarus are generally 5-8 weeks, because they don't truely special order, but instead have a various varieties shipped to the port and then port installed options are put on and cars are matched up with dealer orders).

Even if a car I hated wated 2 months for didn't show up, or they told me ooops, I would be very angry. Having it basically happen to you twice, and waiting a total of 8 months and still no car would be very hard to take.

Quick Reply: UPDATE! You are NOT going to believe this! 8 months wait & the car is NEVER coming!