ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

camry body kit on ES350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06, 12:56 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camry body kit on ES350?

has anyone looked into have the camry body kits instaled onto the ES350? if so please give me some information on it
Old 12-14-06, 07:41 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by ng123ray
has anyone looked into have the camry body kits instaled onto the ES350? if so please give me some information on it
The first clue is compare wheelbases. Not sure of the difference but if the wheelbases are different, the bodykits may fit funny.
We have tried to fit TRD bodykits on previous model ESs and while they fit barely, they were not perfect and had some gaps.
Old 12-14-06, 07:52 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ng123ray
They will not fit, especially the factory kit that's on the SE... There are a few aftermarket companies that are making them for the Camry, maybe they have something in the works for the ES?

http://www.rksport.com/main/sema-camry.asp

http://www.importtrenz.com/v3/catalog/home.php?cat=2041
Old 12-14-06, 08:07 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Well thus far, you can interchange anything body wise, tho generally it can require great work. Especially if it's a new front bumper. In the Camry's case. On previous generations you have to change the entire front end to use an ES front bumper, or lights. Hood, 1/4 panels, bumper & air dam.

AFA the under body bolt patterns, yes they're all the same. You could use one, it's just a question of getting it done & how much the kit replaces.
Old 12-14-06, 08:18 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pheonix
Well thus far, you can interchange anything body wise, tho generally it can require great work. Especially if it's a new front bumper. In the Camry's case. On previous generations you have to change the entire front end to use an ES front bumper, or lights. Hood, 1/4 panels, bumper & air dam.

AFA the under body bolt patterns, yes they're all the same. You could use one, it's just a question of getting it done & how much the kit replaces.
So you're saying remove the ES bumper cover and install a Camry bumper cover, then install the kit?

I would agree that will work, but...

Why not just buy the Camry to begin with?
Old 12-14-06, 09:11 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Wouldn't it just be easier to buy an SE and put the Lexus emblems on it? That is so ghetto
Old 12-14-06, 09:55 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PaJaHa1, welcome back! Haven't seen you here in awhile!!! Funny you mentioned this, cause I asked a similar question in 1GS forum where someone modded '99 GS and put Toyota emblem on it. They explained its how those released in Japan under Toyota name and not Lexus. Plus they like to see faces of people when they smoke them on a road with a Toyota
Old 12-14-06, 10:12 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

NOTHING.... Is more Ghetto than this.

Park Bench??? Anyone?

Old 12-14-06, 11:23 AM
Patric
Pole Position

Camrys need those rear wings for speeds upwards of 175 or else they get light in the back for lack of down force.

Also gives some directional stability in high G cornering.

Pat
Old 12-14-06, 12:21 PM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Haha that is great. It is tough to keep those 4 cylinder Camry's stuck to the pavement, they really take off on you. He did a nice job of matching the paint on the spoiler.

Twister- Been working so much haven't had time to get on. Also, just got tired of reading posts about the same problems. Knock on wood, mine is still doing well at 5k. I'll probably speak up again when they make our cars obsolete with the mid-cycle upgrades. Would be nice to see them tweak the horse up a bit, but that is unlikely.
Old 12-14-06, 04:57 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

onsknht--nice pics...and of course you do know that those emblems are probably good for another 20 HP or so...
Old 12-14-06, 04:59 PM
LexFather

Guys play nicely with our Camry cousins
Old 12-14-06, 05:59 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by toneman
onsknht--nice pics...and of course you do know that those emblems are probably good for another 20 HP or so...
What's really funny... I have no IDEA what that blue car is?????

It's not a Clamry?

It looks kinda like a Hyundai?

It has emblems from....

Bently

Volkswagon

Honda

...and some BIG AZZ wheels?

Anybody?
Old 12-15-06, 05:45 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

That is actually a Bentley sedan. Don't ask me why there are VW emblems on it. Granted they are in the same family, but c'mon... I guess the lift kit and rims should give you an idea about the character of the driver we are dealing with here...

It should be noted that the coupe version of that car is still one of the most stunning designs on the road.
Old 12-15-06, 11:02 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by PaJaHa1
That is actually a Bentley sedan. Don't ask me why there are VW emblems on it. Granted they are in the same family, but c'mon... I guess the lift kit and rims should give you an idea about the character of the driver we are dealing with here...

It should be noted that the coupe version of that car is still one of the most stunning designs on the road.
WOW! I coulda swore it was that big Hyundai... Isn't "TYPE-R" a Honda emblem?

Quick Reply: camry body kit on ES350?