ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

New TSIB?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-06, 06:40 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TSIB?

I'll find out more about this one tomorrow...

Picked it off from another board, it was cut off... Dated 12/12/2006

TSB = Camry

TSIB = Lexus

Take it for what it's worth...

edit: BTW - TCM = Tranmission Control Module, the DTC is kind of vague to me, but here is the "Detection Condition" page 134 of the Factory Service Manual for the U660E includes the following verbiage.

"Open or short is detected in shift solenoid valve SLT
circuit for 1 second or more while driving (1-trip
detection logic)."

3. TSB TC015-06 TCM Calibration Update: M.I.L. "On" DTC P2716. 07 Camry (2GR-FE, 6-Speed A/T) - dated December 12, 2006; and

Last edited by onsknht; 12-14-06 at 06:45 PM. Reason: addition of DTC information
Old 12-14-06, 06:51 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Here are possible trouble areas for this one...
  • Open or short in shift solenoid valve SLT circuit
  • Shift solenoid valve SLT
  • TCM
Old 12-15-06, 09:20 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Here is the link that references the new TSB.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t170355.html
Old 12-15-06, 10:11 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As an "official" ES350 TSIB keeper I haven't seen that posted in my source. There is a new TSIB for all Lexus modes regarding "Body - Upper and or Lower Windshield Ticking Noise". I just updated the TSIB sticky with a link to it.
Old 12-15-06, 10:13 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twister
As an "official" ES350 TSIB keeper I haven't seen that posted in my source. There is a new TSIB for all Lexus modes regarding "Body - Upper and or Lower Windshield Ticking Noise". I just updated the TSIB sticky with a link to it.
It is not an "official" Lexus TSIB that I can confirm yet. It is listed as a Toyota TSB dated 12/12/06 for the 6 speed auto tranny which is the same as the Lexus unit. I have a call into my service manager.
Old 12-15-06, 10:22 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

I see, will keep checking if this will spill-over to ES
Old 12-15-06, 10:59 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Well, no real information on this TSB other than what is already known... They hadn't a clue, it appears to be too fresh.

I declined the valve body, upon discussing the new TSB and lack of knowledge... I have other reasons as well, like not wanting to explain such an intrusive repair should the car be leaving my ownership soon.

Twister the new TSIB is that a repeat or an addendum? I had 4 things on my RO this AM.

1. Valve body
2. Creak in winshield area
3. Misaligned driver's door
4. Leather hanging out from rear passenger door grip.

#2 & #4 were the only thing looked at... #2 has something more behind it than cutting the clips, read up.

I have to take the car back next week for the door alignment as they need a body-shop to do the work. In addition to this, I need to bring it back so they can look deeper into #2. Apparently the right fender needs to be removed because when they engage/disengage forward/reverse, the noise is still heard.

Here's where it gets interesting.

There's a dogbone engine mount that attaches to the right strut tower. When the engine is shifted between forward and reverse, the mount puts stress on the strut tower... When it does this, an audible pop occurs as well as a snap in the sheet metal around the strut tower. It's like indenting a beer can and then putting pressure the opposite direction to make the dent pop out. Some ideas thrown around... Poor weld, debris, or that glue stuff they use to secure the sheet metal to support braces... They don't think it's unsafe to drive, but I should bring it back.

I had the option to leave the car over the weekend for them to dig deeper and get the body shop to align the door... But I might do a little shopping tomorrow.
Old 12-15-06, 12:12 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

onsknht, good point!!! Its an older TSIB which was updated with GS350 and LS460 models. I deleted double post from my TSIB list and noted it as being "updated". It was new for my GS350, but it should be the same for ES350.
Old 12-19-06, 08:45 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by onsknht
Well, no real information on this TSB other than what is already known... They hadn't a clue, it appears to be too fresh.

I declined the valve body, upon discussing the new TSB and lack of knowledge... I have other reasons as well, like not wanting to explain such an intrusive repair should the car be leaving my ownership soon.

Twister the new TSIB is that a repeat or an addendum? I had 4 things on my RO this AM.

1. Valve body
2. Creak in winshield area
3. Misaligned driver's door
4. Leather hanging out from rear passenger door grip.

#2 & #4 were the only thing looked at... #2 has something more behind it than cutting the clips, read up.

I have to take the car back next week for the door alignment as they need a body-shop to do the work. In addition to this, I need to bring it back so they can look deeper into #2. Apparently the right fender needs to be removed because when they engage/disengage forward/reverse, the noise is still heard.

Here's where it gets interesting.

There's a dogbone engine mount that attaches to the right strut tower. When the engine is shifted between forward and reverse, the mount puts stress on the strut tower... When it does this, an audible pop occurs as well as a snap in the sheet metal around the strut tower. It's like indenting a beer can and then putting pressure the opposite direction to make the dent pop out. Some ideas thrown around... Poor weld, debris, or that glue stuff they use to secure the sheet metal to support braces... They don't think it's unsafe to drive, but I should bring it back.

I had the option to leave the car over the weekend for them to dig deeper and get the body shop to align the door... But I might do a little shopping tomorrow.
Ons,

Any update on your situation?
Old 12-22-06, 02:53 PM
jeffofla
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

One can view any TSIB when they want by just paying the bucks. It's not worth it to me to fork out $10 all the time. But if you are really hard up for the latest, here's Toyota's website that carries them as well the service and owners manuals.

http://techinfo.toyota.com/