ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

UL Seats, Roof, and Features

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-06, 11:13 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Our local dealer has one in Black with the Graphite wheels - looks very nice.
Old 12-21-06, 02:28 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350
Thanks! I hope TP/Black would not be a goofy color combo
no, tungsten/black is good
Old 12-21-06, 02:44 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tnedator
Is Ruby Red/Cashmiere goofy?
no, royal ruby/cashmere is good, too
Old 12-21-06, 04:13 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by jjbodean
Good is Good!! thx JJ
Old 12-24-06, 07:55 PM
Sickwitit
Driver School Candidate

Would not have brought my car if not for the UL options and I test drove several Es model's with and without, so I vote UL all the way but which ever way yo decide goodluck and enjoy your car!
Old 12-25-06, 10:49 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbodean
This is the exact combo i was going to get!!! What a beautiful color/combo. It just looks very luxurious. Its also unique, because its not red and its not as dark maroon but just right in the middle. Best color combo
Old 12-25-06, 12:20 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kingofire
This is the exact combo i was going to get!!! What a beautiful color/combo. It just looks very luxurious. Its also unique, because its not red and its not as dark maroon but just right in the middle. Best color combo
Ruby/Black on the UL is my favorite. The black looks nice with the tinted roof. TP was my 2nd and it was in stock, so TP it was.
Old 12-25-06, 09:42 PM
Lex13
Rookie

Thanks for all of the great input guys, but I'm more interested in the differences that the UL brings to the table that cannot be had in the other versions. So somewhat softer leather, the full-width/panoramic roof, and the radar cruise option are the only things unique to the UL?? BTW do any of you have this particular option?

We've narrowed our colors down to Amber Pearl, Obsidian, and Ruby (which means we may end up with the SGM). The only interior that is ruled out is the black. It's just not MY taste for this vehicle. However, the contrast between the black leather and the wood on Sick's car is nice.
Old 12-26-06, 09:54 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lex13
Thanks for all of the great input guys, but I'm more interested in the differences that the UL brings to the table that cannot be had in the other versions. So somewhat softer leather, the full-width/panoramic roof, and the radar cruise option are the only things unique to the UL?? BTW do any of you have this particular option?

We've narrowed our colors down to Amber Pearl, Obsidian, and Ruby (which means we may end up with the SGM). The only interior that is ruled out is the black. It's just not MY taste for this vehicle. However, the contrast between the black leather and the wood on Sick's car is nice.
Just so you are aware, the full width panoramic roof is not full view from the inside. It is a normal sized front sunroof and a back sunroof that does not open. Only from the outside is the roof full width glass. Other than the radar and the soft leather, you can get the other options on a non-UL model. But, finding a non UL with ML will probably need to be special ordered. Also, not sure about the sunshade and if that can be had on a PP+.
Also, may I suggest all weather mats if you decide on a lighter interior color. There have been discussions in this forum about how the tan and gray interiors show dirt very easily, especially on the floor mats. The all weather mats are fantastic and solve the dirt issue. I even have them for the winter months in my black interor car.

Last edited by MD350; 12-26-06 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-26-06, 01:44 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just so you are aware, the full width panoramic roof is not full view from the inside. It is a normal sized front sunroof and a back sunroof that does not open. Only from the outside is the roof full width glass. Other than the radar and the soft leather, you can get the other options on a non-UL model. But, finding a non UL with ML will probably need to be special ordered. Also, not sure about the sunshade and if that can be had on a PP+.
Also, may I suggest all weather mats if you decide on a lighter interior color. There have been discussions in this forum about how the tan and gray interiors show dirt very easily, especially on the floor mats. The all weather mats are fantastic and solve the dirt issue. I even have them for the winter months in my black interor car.
About 8 months ago when I bought my ES350 I was told by the dealer that I couldn't buy a car with ML unless I ordered the UL model. It couldn't be ordered on any of the lesser models. Maybe this has changed.
Old 12-26-06, 01:48 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by amf1932
About 8 months ago when I bought my ES350 I was told by the dealer that I couldn't buy a car with ML unless I ordered the UL model. It couldn't be ordered on any of the lesser models. Maybe this has changed.
Alan, a few months ago there was a member who had a PP+ with ML. It is very rare, that is why I believe the only way to get it is to factory order and wait several months for it to arrive. I could be wrong.
Old 12-26-06, 02:33 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Also, not sure about the sunshade and if that can be had on a PP+.
I have the PP+ with the sunshade. It was easy to find.
Old 12-26-06, 02:55 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by dreyfus
I have the PP+ with the sunshade. It was easy to find.
Me too. Bought it off the lot that way.
Old 12-26-06, 03:25 PM
kingofire
Advanced

Ruby/Black on the UL is my favorite. The black looks nice with the tinted roof. TP was my 2nd and it was in stock, so TP it was.
Black leather always looks good on a car when nice and shiny and new. Fast forward to 5 years later and when the sun takes a toll on the color, you have uneven patches of discoloration. Nothing beats black when new, inside or outside!
Old 12-26-06, 03:30 PM
kingofire
Advanced

Alan, a few months ago there was a member who had a PP+ with ML. It is very rare, that is why I believe the only way to get it is to factory order and wait several months for it to arrive. I could be wrong.

My dealer told me that the Northeast is not receiving any other car with ML but the UL. I verified this with lexus corporate. If i wanted ML, I'd have to special order it, wait 6 months and pay full MSRP. Naturally i said uhhh. NO!

Quick Reply: UL Seats, Roof, and Features