ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

UL Seats, Roof, and Features

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-06, 04:26 PM
Mlawler
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with all weather mats (I put my rubber Tundra mats in mine, have you seen the pics of Denver lately), I have the UL and I really like not having to put in an after market stereo, although I could probably get better for the money, but let Car Toys take my car apart, yeh right, I can hear the difference between the ML and standard system, also I didnt have much choice because I could not get NAv without the UL, there was nothing around and no GS's with Nav anywhere.

I was told the same no ML without UL but in theory you can order it, problem is it can take months or never, depends how the line is setup. I checked everywhere in a 100 mile radius around Denver and that was a no go big time. Also we could not find one ES or GS with the Radar Cruise at all, it is a separate and distinct option. Buddy of mine just ordered a GS AWD with the UL, he is being told 3-8 months, and he probably cant get the radar cruise even though he is ordering. And again he knows the GSM also...no favors they just cant get em.

Last edited by Mlawler; 12-26-06 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-26-06, 04:30 PM
07LexusGuy
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350
Alan, a few months ago there was a member who had a PP+ with ML. It is very rare, that is why I believe the only way to get it is to factory order and wait several months for it to arrive. I could be wrong.
What you say is true - my dealership confirmed this when I asked about it a few months back. It looks like Lexus is trying to keep the "exclusiveness" of the UL model and make it stand out a bit more from the other models.

The ML system is nice, I just have issue with its relatively weak subwoofer. Seems like it wants to bottom out when it plays high bass music. I've seen past threads about the same subject so maybe this is a common thing.
Old 12-26-06, 04:31 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For goodness sake, don't break up the harmonious package! The ML belongs with the UL. So do the graphite 10-spoke wheels and the panaroma roof. The UL package is probably the most value-added package you can get. Yes it costs more, but it's really a great deal. If you dont need the UL stuff, get the PP+, and it'll still be a great deal. But don't get PP+, add ML, wait 6 months and pay MSRP..... it just doesn't make sense. It's like going to a supermarket and getting an apple...or getting an orange. Either is fine, but please don't bring a knife and make fruit salad in front of everyone cus it's just too messy.
Old 12-26-06, 04:43 PM
Lex13
Rookie

Originally Posted by MD350
Just so you are aware, the full width panoramic roof is not full view from the inside. It is a normal sized front sunroof and a back sunroof that does not open. Only from the outside is the roof full width glass. Other than the radar and the soft leather, you can get the other options on a non-UL model. But, finding a non UL with ML will probably need to be special ordered. Also, not sure about the sunshade and if that can be had on a PP+.
Also, may I suggest all weather mats if you decide on a lighter interior color. There have been discussions in this forum about how the tan and gray interiors show dirt very easily, especially on the floor mats. The all weather mats are fantastic and solve the dirt issue. I even have them for the winter months in my black interor car.
Thanks! I was NOT aware of what the moon roof looks like. Like I stated before, I have never seen the UL in person. I have taken test drives in two ES350s at two dealerships in St. Louis. Both were PP+ with NAV, ML, and power rear sunshade. This is why I'm interested to see the differences between these and the UL. Also, thanks for the insight on the all-weather mats. I will be sure to include those.
Old 12-26-06, 05:22 PM
Mlawler
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont think youll see a lot of difference if you can get the PP+ with Nav and ML. The glass roof is cool but I am not a big sun roof guy, sun on my bald head aint fun....and I cant imagine when Ill use the sun shade, maybe the kids will want to use it?

off topic but thought this was funny, i got a package today, nice box, inside was my Green Sweaty Red Sox hat wrapped in bubble wrap to protect it, seems I left in my truck when I traded it in on the ES...bubble wrap...sick
Old 12-29-06, 03:00 PM
robynl
Driver School Candidate

Default Ruby/Cashmere

Originally Posted by kingofire
This is the exact combo i was going to get!!! What a beautiful color/combo. It just looks very luxurious. Its also unique, because its not red and its not as dark maroon but just right in the middle. Best color combo
I have the ruby/cashmere and have had many comments on the color. When I go to the car wash, twice I have been asked what color the car is and that they think it is the most gorgeous color they have ever seen. Went through drive in window at the dry cleaners the other day and the lady asked my what color my car was. There is also a lady at my office who stalks my car and says that it's the most beautiful car she has ever seen. She just loves the color and she loves the panoramic roof. All this to say, this combo, in my opinion, is very rich and elegant!!