ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

In need of opinions RE: dealer service.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-06, 03:48 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In need of opinions RE: dealer service.

I'm posting this here because I am wondering if some of you may have had similar experiences and that is the reason why your issues have not been resolved. Instead of reposting everything, I will post the link to the GS forum. This is a cross post but it may have some relevance to ES owners as well.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=1#post2313650

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 12-23-06, 04:09 PM
1seeker1
Rookie

Why do dealers have to lie??? That is amazing! I see your problem though; no other dealer nearby. I agree that confronting them, at least in a way you would like, is not the best idea. Was the service manager involved in this alleged fix? If not, then you may want to discretly bring it up with him and ask him what he intends to do about the situation. Hopefully he makes it right and thats the end of it. If you don't get the response you were hoping, you're stuck continuing to deal with the dealership as they are, or taking it up a notch to Lexus corporate. I'm sure they would be more interested in knowing which of their dealers was allegedly performing TSIB's and charging Lexus without actually performing the TSIB. Good Luck.
Old 12-23-06, 04:46 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robert,

Let's assume they did the TSIB for a minute rather than did not.

Once they have hacksawed off the pin, then what? Are they not supposed to then remove the existing clip held in place by the pin and pressure it helps exert and then when done adding foam or whatever they did replace the entire clip and pin with a fresh one?

I'm all for calling anyone out on being misled but find out first what they are to do once they have sawed off that pin.

It seems they would not just leave that clip floating in limbo after hacking off a pin anchored below in that metal opening as it appears to keep the windshield in place on the angled/vertical plane anyway and would have to resecure with a new one.

You may be looking at the replacement clip/pin rather than the original?
Old 12-23-06, 04:56 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

P.S. Hand saw my azzz...I'd be using a Sawzall on those puppies, carefully of course
Old 12-23-06, 05:16 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Robert,

Let's assume they did the TSIB for a minute rather than did not.

Once they have hacksawed off the pin, then what? Are they not supposed to then remove the existing clip held in place by the pin and pressure it helps exert and then when done adding foam or whatever they did replace the entire clip and pin with a fresh one?

I'm all for calling anyone out on being misled but find out first what they are to do once they have sawed off that pin.

It seems they would not just leave that clip floating in limbo after hacking off a pin anchored below in that metal opening as it appears to keep the windshield in place on the angled/vertical plane anyway and would have to resecure with a new one.

You may be looking at the replacement clip/pin rather than the original?
The clip and pin assembly is for manufacturing purposes. They are used to guide the windshield into position as it is bonded in. Once bonded, the pin has nothing to do with retaining the windshield. I checked to make sure that they did not indeed cut the pin but it definitely hasn't been touched. Once cut, they just cut it off and don't replace the pin with a different one. If you cut the pin at the top of the stalk, there is enough clearance to get it out. The rest of the TSIB calls for cutting and removing similar clips on the top of the windshield as well but that would be a lot of work to merely check to see if it had been done. I'm pretty sure if they did not do the bottom pins, they didn't do the top clips as well. If it's outlined in a TSIB, I would have to assume that Lexus feels that it is a possible solution to the problem. I'm still on the fence about whether I should talk to the service manager, call Lexus corp for the fraudulent billing, or just take it to another dealership anyways. Has anyone tried the dealership in Valencia, CA?
Old 12-23-06, 05:21 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
I'm still on the fence about whether I should talk to the service manager, call Lexus corp for the fraudulent billing, or just take it to another dealership anyways. Has anyone tried the dealership in Valencia, CA?
I would do both if you feel that certain, with dealer first, then corporate right after. As for future service, I think they would be reluctant to be punitive.
Old 12-24-06, 05:51 AM
toneman
Lead Lap

2thfixr--I read your other thread, and I can understand why you might some apprehension confronting them regarding something that's completely unacceptable on their part, let alone by Lexus; I guess in that case you can always "voice" your displeasure on the customer satisfaction survey that you'll almost undoubtedly receive asking for your opinion about your service visit.

Obviously I don't know if this is the first time this particular service department has jerked you around like that; if so, then I guess you could tell them you'd be willing to give them another chance to win your trust...perhaps by making some concessions to you? I know one shouldn't normally insist/demand/ask for concessions just because one feels entitled to such in order to make things right, but since it is apparently obvious they "lied" to you...perhaps such a request might not be totally out of line?
Old 12-24-06, 05:58 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Your repair, done or not, was covered under warranty, there are many who buy an older Lexus and may take it to that dealer for what they thought were real repairs for other types of problems and had to pay using their own money.

If they will do this to you at risk of corporate finding out, they sure will do it to an average person who might otherwise barely be able to afford repair costs with an older, out of warranty vehicle, and be needlessly charged for something.

For that reason, it merits reporting to both so they stop doing this kind of thing to everyone.
Old 12-24-06, 08:40 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

One thing not clear to me... Was the specific TSIB listed as the repair on the RO? In other words does it say something like, "as per TSIB xxxx?"

IMO - there are "subjective" complaints and then there's a "specific" complaint... If you explicitly told them to perform the TSIB and they said they did then you have an issue. On the other hand, if you brought the car in and told them you had a rattle, they might not target the TSIB and instead chase it down like any other non-TSIB'd complaint. In the latter, the service dept would be billing time to a general category of "rattle tracking" rather than the TSIB.

I had a dealer claim he did work that he didn't... Sometimes it pays to have a dirty car, I could easily tell they never removed the rear wheels much less say open the drums for a brake issue I was having. Going elsewhere I had the problem resolved and have since only trusted simple repairs to the offending dealer. However, I had some thought maybe they tried to adjust through the rear of the drum, which could be done without removing the wheel... Maybe it wasn't the "right" solution, but it was theur solution nonetheless.

What I'm getting at is if there's any doubt, shut your mouth and use the guy who lost your trust for the simple stuff... When your transmission needs to be replaced, take it to the guy 1.5 hrs away.