ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

New guy, not as many problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-06, 11:10 AM
RobF350
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the tires were rotated at my 5000 mile service when I brought it to thier attention, I think its part of the TSB?

I think if the steering was perhaps a bit heavier it would not wander as much.
Its one of those things that you dont notice until you remember, then of course you seem to notice it all the time.

On the way there I did expierence exactly what the dealer told me- center lane straight, right lane drift right, left lane drift left.
I bet on a single or even a double lane road its not as noticable.
Probably why I only thought it happened at higher speeds- because thats when im on 3 lane roads.

Forgot- the Sea Ray is not mine, its a customers.
I have a few Chris Crafts and a old century.
Old 12-27-06, 01:44 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Default Sounds like a clone of my car!

Originally Posted by tnedator
I received confirmation that my wife's Ruby Red UL / Cashmere will be ready to pickup on Saturday. She is very excited, as she has been waiting over three weeks for it to arrive.
I hope your experience will match mine. Good luck with your new car.
Old 12-27-06, 06:03 PM
Lex13
Rookie

RobF350, talk to me about those wheels. Did you get those through the dealership or aftermarket? They are gorgeous. That's one beautiful auto.
Old 12-28-06, 02:27 PM
RobF350
Driver

what happened is we went to the dealer on a Saturday, 45 minutes before they were closing.
My business that I had just purchased from my old boss was going good so I decided to get my wife ( and myself ) a new car.

We drove the GS- could not justify the cost.
Drove the IS- too boy racer for my tastes.

Did not even know the ES had been re-styled, I never liked the last ES.
Drove that- loved it. Made a deal on a different color only of we liked the color.

They brought the car around that sunday and I HATED the color and left aggrevated that he had tried to sell me such a old lady color.

He called me 7 times on Monday trying to get me to buy a car, so in the end he threw in the factory chrome wheels and a auto start on the black one.
2 days later I had my guy tint it.
Old 12-29-06, 06:30 AM
osokuko
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1seeker1
My car is 2 and 1/2 weeks old and I noticed it drifted slightly to the left on the ride home from the dealer (on the freeway). Still does it, but now that I think about it, I'm almost always in the left lane! I'll have to try a middle lane to see if this makes a difference. My other cars have stayed true, even in the left lane. This issue is on my list of things for the dealer to take a look at. Thanks for posting the TSIB number for the alignment. May come in handy.
They all do it, My car did the same so there is a TSB that covers the work. I took my car to Westminster Lexus and they wanted to spend 2 hours on the car, and when they finished the alinement was perfect. The other thing I've heard because it's front wheel drive it's not uncommon to have this issue and they may shim the front end to compensate for the drift, why it takes 2 hours.
Old 12-29-06, 06:49 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the first 6 months of ownership my car would always hold a straight line and wasn't affected by whatever lane you were in. It's one of the things I really like in cars where you don't have to constantly correct the steering when doing high speed travel. I did get some wheel vibration at high speed towards the end of that 6 months, but the car still tracked straight as an arrow.

Post trans replacement and my vehicle is pulling the to the left rather heavily. Dealer claims they cannot feel the left drift, but did find the toe was out front\back slightly. I haven't really tested to see if its fixed yet as I've been away on vacation. Tire pressure can cause drifting as well, so check that as well.

The car should hold a straight line regardless of what lane you are in. Not driving in the left\right lane to get your car to go straight is crazy!
Old 12-29-06, 09:26 AM
1seeker1
Rookie

Tried the different lanes; car still drifts slightly to the left, even in the right lane.

I agree the rims look good. I've also seen the stock rims that have been chromed. They look great as well.
Old 12-29-06, 09:33 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by osokuko
They all do it, My car did the same so there is a TSB that covers the work. I took my car to Westminster Lexus and they wanted to spend 2 hours on the car, and when they finished the alinement was perfect. The other thing I've heard because it's front wheel drive it's not uncommon to have this issue and they may shim the front end to compensate for the drift, why it takes 2 hours.
Mine was hard right and what Oso was told about addition of shims to correct it is exactly what was told to me.
Old 12-29-06, 09:49 AM
RobF350
Driver

Originally Posted by 1seeker1
I agree the rims look good. I've also seen the stock rims that have been chromed. They look great as well.

they are chromed stock rims, not aftermarket
Old 12-29-06, 09:59 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobF350
They brought the car around that sunday and I HATED the color and left aggrevated that he had tried to sell me such a old lady color.
Had to be Moon Shell Mica.

I put a deposit on that color before they were released. Looked great in the brochure. I switched over to Smokey Granite after I saw the MSM in the sunlight.
Old 12-29-06, 10:54 AM
RobF350
Driver

Bingo

did not want to offend someone who might like the color.
They were pushing that thing hard, I kept telling my wife "that color is pink", the salesman had her believing it was to be the hot new color and was a silver.

Silver my butt, that color is pink.
Old 12-29-06, 11:05 AM
1seeker1
Rookie

they are chromed stock rims, not aftermarket
I assumed they were aftermarket because they do not match the seven spoke stock non-UL ES 350 rims. Unless Lexus has changed things just recently, those are Lexus rims, but they are not normally associated with the new ES 350. They look great!
Old 12-29-06, 12:01 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Bingo

did not want to offend someone who might like the color.
They were pushing that thing hard, I kept telling my wife "that color is pink", the salesman had her believing it was to be the hot new color and was a silver.

Silver my butt, that color is pink.
LOL!!! I almost got suckered in with MSM too They had one in a garage under the darker lights and it looked silver. I signed papers on Saturday, than did a search on the net and found pictures of MSM in a daylight and some other people's reviews. Called them back on Monday to change it to TP. Of course, my bizarro bro Kaius can add with his own MSM story

BTW, Rob you mentioned about Remote Start installed on your ES350? I just had one installed on my GS350, the same concept on push-button start car. Did they install a relay switch next to the break pedal to emulate "pushing the break" function? If I understand correctly, there is no way around it, and they had to use a high quality 15A relay switch. Its all good, but every time I press the break pedal it makes a loud click-click noise. Again, its normal for a heavy duty relay switch, but it also annoying a hell out of me now until I get used to it (especially in stop'n'go traffic). Might have to wrap it into something to silence that clicker What did they do in your car?
Old 12-29-06, 01:49 PM
RobF350
Driver

honestly I have no idea how they did it.

In the past I would be all in that installation, now I am a little easier going.

I looked under the hood, looked under the dash, and that was that.
Figure its dealer installed so they cant give me a song and dance should I have any problems.

I do think I hear a faint click noise when I hit the brakes, just thought it was the brake switch.

Not parking the car in a garage that auto-start is a god send, never ever have to take a ice scraper to the glass or not be able to get in a frozen car.

Dont think I will ever own a car without it again.
Old 12-29-06, 02:26 PM
robynl
Driver School Candidate

Default Rock chips on hood

I too already have 2 rather large rock chips on the hood of my car. Ruby/Cashmere. My cousin who is in the dent removal/detailing business says that there is no way a rock should make that big of a chip in the paint. He thinks, as I have all along, that the paint is abnormally soft and that I should complain at my dealership to service rep and if I get no satisfaction, ask for field rep to take a look at it. Would like to know for those who have the clear bra how they like it, and how much it costs?

Quick Reply: New guy, not as many problems