ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Bought New ES 350 UL.Is this a good price?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-06, 09:11 AM
noves350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought New ES 350 UL.Is this a good price?

Hi,

New to these forums.Have been researching a while before finally bought my new ES350. still worried about the transmission issues and other things but this car is so beautiful and my wife absolutely is killing me she wants only this(i was thinking about IS or GS because of the ES problems).Bought from Sewell Lexus in Fortworth.My first Lexus.

RubyRed with cashmere interior.Every other dealership said car is not available to get within 1000 miles.Somehow these guys got it from an Austin dealer.Wife is very much interested in this colour and wants only this.

Total Price including Tax,TTL etc out of the door 44000.
UL/PA/ML,body side moldings,Rear spoiler,All season mats,windows tinted.
Also they have thrown in touchup paint,Leather shampoo,conditiner and a lexus Xenon Light.

Have to go to dealer sometimes next week to Buff up the car.There are few very light scrathes on the car which formed in shipping.Not visible to naked eye though but salesperson scheduled appt. to buff up entire car so that it shows in perfect condition.

Bought it around 15th and has the car deleivered on 22nd. Still does not have all the paperwork to see how they charged without tax.Here in Texas it is 6.25% and all other stuff that gets added on top.One month insurance added. How did i do with my purchase?
Old 12-28-06, 09:19 AM
noves350
Driver School Candidate

This is a Nov. build and i had to pay 500$ for the dealer to ship the car to Dallas.Including this i got for 44000$
Old 12-28-06, 10:19 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Someone told me in California, the taxes license and various charges equate to about 10% of the sale price. Since your sales tax is about 2% lower than in california, I'm guessing your taxes and fees total roughly 8%. So calculate $44,000 divided by 1.08 = $40,740. I'm guessing your sale price is around this number....which is not bad at all since you got tint ($200 value) and 1 month insurance ($100 value). I think you got $3000 off of MSRP...that's my guestimate. Definitely a good deal for a rare UL. Congrats!
Old 12-28-06, 12:50 PM
MMC
Driver School Candidate

Purchased on 12/6/06 Starfire Pearl/Cashmere UL in SoCal for $38785 + TL. MSRP was 44,110. Added spoiler and XM Radio for another $1049.
Old 12-28-06, 01:39 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MMC
Purchased on 12/6/06 Starfire Pearl/Cashmere UL in SoCal for $38785 + TL. MSRP was 44,110. Added spoiler and XM Radio for another $1049.
Man you got a super deal on the UL, but the dealer made some $$$ on your additions. Let me guess, it's $300 for the spoiler and $749 for the XM? The markups these items are crazy...mainly cus they know you want them
Old 12-28-06, 05:30 PM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

I never understand this question in each and every car forum i visit. Why do people ask AFTER the fact if its a good deal or not. Asking before the purchase can create a leverage in terms of printing the thread and taking it to the dealer to show them what others have paid. What if i tell you that you got robbed and you paid 3,000 more than what others paid? You will regret purchasing the car because when it comes to money, no one likes to be ripped off. It will always be in the back of your mind. That said, my dealer and i had an agreement on the EXACT same car as yours and my OTD price with TTL was $42,1xx
Old 12-28-06, 06:37 PM
cocopops
Pole Position

you cant really compare OTD prices as the taxes,title and license fees are different in each state.
Old 12-28-06, 06:42 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by kingofire
I never understand this question in each and every car forum i visit. Why do people ask AFTER the fact if its a good deal or not. Asking before the purchase can create a leverage in terms of printing the thread and taking it to the dealer to show them what others have paid. What if i tell you that you got robbed and you paid 3,000 more than what others paid? You will regret purchasing the car because when it comes to money, no one likes to be ripped off. It will always be in the back of your mind. That said, my dealer and i had an agreement on the EXACT same car as yours and my OTD price with TTL was $42,1xx
Great advice about asking about prices before the purchase vs. after.
Old 12-28-06, 08:00 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by cocopops
you cant really compare OTD prices as the taxes,title and license fees are different in each state.
What's the deal with the TTL being included in the price. Do you pay that at the dealership in some states? Here, we take the info to a country revenue office and pay taxes.
Old 12-28-06, 08:02 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by tnedator
What's the deal with the TTL being included in the price. Do you pay that at the dealership in some states? Here, we take the info to a country revenue office and pay taxes.
In IL the dealer collects TTL and it's included on the bill of sale.
Old 12-28-06, 08:10 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Interesting. Figured it must be something like that, considering how many people mention TTL.

Does the L in TTL indicate the fee for the license plate? Do you get it from them, or do they mail it to you if you pay the dealer for that?
Old 12-28-06, 08:16 PM
dreyfus
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tnedator
Originally Posted by LexBob2
Same here in North Carolina. All fees are paid at the dealership, except a personal property tax (0.73%) which is billed three months later.
Old 12-28-06, 09:41 PM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

well in Mass there is TTL as in 5%tax on the final amount owed, the set price that you pay the dealer for providing the title(either you or the finance company) and the DMV fees to license the car and insurance. Its the little sticker that goes on the top right hand corner of the rear plates in Mass.
Old 12-28-06, 09:48 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you guys who got 12% off sticker are nuts.

we didn't bargain hard enough, and only got 10% off in september. and that was cash price too. of course, all the cali fees negated the 10% discount.

Some of the dealers here are nasty, such as Longo Lexus in socal. they said "no discount. pay sticker." weren't even open to negotiation.
who do they think they are? bastards.
Old 12-28-06, 10:04 PM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by dunnojack
you guys who got 12% off sticker are nuts.

we didn't bargain hard enough, and only got 10% off in september. and that was cash price too. of course, all the cali fees negated the 10% discount.

Some of the dealers here are nasty, such as Longo Lexus in socal. they said "no discount. pay sticker." weren't even open to negotiation.
who do they think they are? bastards.
Well, those of us in rural states, don't have much of a bargaining chip. You can say you are going to go out of state, but it isn't like the east or west coast or many other urban areas where you might have multiple dealers in a 100 mile radius. Me, I think I have two dealears in a 300 mile radius, and the closest one is 100 miles away.

Quick Reply: Bought New ES 350 UL.Is this a good price?