ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Be heard by Lexus Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-07, 07:12 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Be heard by Lexus Customer Service

This week, I called Lexus customer service and created a file about my cold engine knock, mentioned the rattles, and also noted the tranny issues (even though I don't have the flare as of yet). I received a return call within 48 hours and the rep was able to create a file on my car. She also looked at previous service records from my dealer via their computer. She said this file will also go to the Lexus engineers for their review. The Lexus rep also said that the more owners that call in with the same problem, Lexus will see that it is a widespread issue. As of now, though, the engine knock is considered normal operation. (Tell that to my wife who knows nothing about cars and mentioned the knocking noise!!)

So, I just want to reach out to all of you and make sure you do call Lexus customer service if you do have any problems with your car. It will benefit you and us fellow owners.
Old 01-06-07, 07:23 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Thanks MD for the advice. I think I will call them about my tranny flair. (It's interesting that I haven't experienced it in a couple weeks now.) Still waiting on a real fix and would like to know if one is expected.

Can you post the number you called?

Last edited by Macklin; 01-06-07 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-06-07, 07:25 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MD,

As you know from being on here it seems around the same time I joined, I did file with corporate only to have a Lexus Field Tech tell me the knocking tapping represents the normal operation of an ES350 and proceeded to undo the valve diagnosis and deny me all repairs including those for my then slipping transmission on former ES350. Corporate has known and recorded from me since last July of this engine knocking stuff and excessive wind noise, weeks later they were first made aware of my slipping transmission which was diagnosed as such by a Lexus VP during my pursuit of resolutions for engine knocking and wind noise.

I'm glad to see you be proactive and I hope others will be as well.
Old 01-06-07, 10:08 AM
BMT22033
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had my car for 6 weeks now. My Lexus "sales experience" survey came in the mail last week and I put off completing it until I'd had a chance to take my car in to the dealer and give them the opportunity to address a small list of things like the "diesel engine" sound, some mild wind noise and a couple of rattles, etc. I dropped the car off at the dealership this morning and they said it would be ready this afternoon. I honestly don't expect anything to be done about the "diesel engine" sound but we'll see what they say. I'm hoping for some resolution to the wind noise and rattles, though. After I get the car back, I'll be completing the survey and calling Lexus customer service to report anything outstanding.
Old 01-06-07, 11:07 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BMT22033
I've had my car for 6 weeks now. My Lexus "sales experience" survey came in the mail last week and I put off completing it until I'd had a chance to take my car in to the dealer and give them the opportunity to address a small list of things like the "diesel engine" sound, some mild wind noise and a couple of rattles, etc. I dropped the car off at the dealership this morning and they said it would be ready this afternoon. I honestly don't expect anything to be done about the "diesel engine" sound but we'll see what they say. I'm hoping for some resolution to the wind noise and rattles, though. After I get the car back, I'll be completing the survey and calling Lexus customer service to report anything outstanding.
Please let me know if the dealer did do anything about the engine noise and wind noise. Thanks!
Old 01-06-07, 11:09 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Macklin
Thanks MD for the advice. I think I will call them about my tranny flair. (It's interesting that I haven't experienced it in a couple weeks now.) Still waiting on a real fix and would like to know if one is expected.

Can you post the number you called?

Below is from the Lexus web site:

Phone: 1-800-255-3987
TTY/TTD Users: 1-800-443-4999
Monday–Friday, 6:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m., PT
Saturday, 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., PT
Fax: 1-310-468-2992

Address:
P.O. Box 2991–Mail Drop L202
Torrance, CA 90509-2991
Old 01-06-07, 11:57 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

i would like to take the opportunity to remind you that the survey you have has to do with the "sales" experience. if you were satisfied with that portion of your lexus experience i would let the survey reflect that. if you are unhappy with the service experience you will receive future surveys where you can vent. your salesperson shouldnt suffer your wrath on the sales survey because you have car issues.

just my $.02
Old 01-06-07, 12:06 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjbodean
i would like to take the opportunity to remind you that the survey you have has to do with the "sales" experience. if you were satisfied with that portion of your lexus experience i would let the survey reflect that. if you are unhappy with the service experience you will receive future surveys where you can vent. your salesperson shouldnt suffer your wrath on the sales survey because you have car issues.

just my $.02

jj,

There are 2 sections to the survey, he could heap praise on his sales experience and salesman or saleslady, and he also could separately indicate vehicle problems and any resolution or lack of resolution as a result of a service call over them.
Old 01-06-07, 12:10 PM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
jj,

There are 2 sections to the survey, he could heap praise on his sales experience and salesman or saleslady, and he also could separately indicate vehicle problems and any resolution or lack of resolution as a result of a service call over them.
yes, youre right. i would just hate the whole survey turn into a bloodbath for the salesperson involved when he/she didnt have anything to do with production of the vehicle. i have seen it happen a few times.
Old 01-06-07, 03:33 PM
Macklin
Advanced

Thanks MD. I asked because you know how many 800 numbers big corporations have. You seemed to have gotten a reasonably quick and somewhat concerned response. Wanted to see if, given I called the same number, I get the same.

BTW, I ditto what has been said about the survey. If the sales experience was good don't trash that part of it because you may have issues arise with the vehicle.

Last edited by Macklin; 01-06-07 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-06-07, 04:00 PM
BMT22033
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jjbodean

just my $.02
Your $.02 are duly noted. I would also like to take the opportunity to address your previous post. As ES350Bob already pointed out, there are, in fact, multiple sections in the survey (not all of which are related to the salesperson). For example, section 3, which includes questions such as...

- "Since delivery, have you had any concerns with your vehicle?"

- "Have you contacted the dealership to resolve these concerns?"

- "If you have contacted the dealership, how would you rate their efforts to address your concern(s)?"

In my original post, I mentioned that I received the survey a few days ago but had delayed completing it until I had given the dealership the opportunity to address my concerns. By waiting until I'd driven the car for ~6 weeks, I felt like it would give me time to note any concerns with the car as well as giving me a chance to experience my Lexus dealer's service department before completing the survey. I have now done that. Unfortunately, none of my concerns were addressed. With regard to the engine knocking/tapping sound, I was told that this is "completely normal and is due to a high PSI produced by the fuel pump". Regarding the wind noise, I was told "the sound you're hearing is wind buffeting over the car and is completely normal". I also reported a rattle that occurs somewhere near the C pillar on the right side of the car when going over bumps in the road as well as a metallic tapping sound that occurs near the A pillar on the right side of the car at speeds in excess of ~55 MPH. The technician said he was unable to reproduce either of these sounds. I experienced both of them within ten minutes of leaving the dealership. So other than getting the car washed, my first Lexus service experience was not everything that I'd hoped it would be and those parts of the survey that relate to service will accurately reflect that.

@ jjbodean - I realize that you don't know me personally and I'm sure there are some people who, in their frustration, might not distinguish between sales, service, the dealership and Lexus as a whole on the survey. Rest assured that I am not one of those people. On the whole, my sales experience was good and I don't plan to summarily crucify the dealership or the salesperson because of this.
Old 01-07-07, 09:36 AM
rhinnard
Driver School Candidate

Guys,
For what it's worth, I had two rattles that were simply fixed. I had noticed a rattle sound that appeared to be coming from the center of the dash. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be my sunglasses rattling in the overhead console. The other rattle happens when the passenger seat belt buckle is laying up against the plastic interior panel the metal buckle will sometimes create a rattle noise when driving over rough pavement.

I did notice a rattle somewhere at the rear when a deep bass note is coming out of the sound system but have only heard it one time.

All in all, this is one of the finest cars I have ever owned so far and unless it starts exhibiting other issues will continue to be my pride and joy.

Bob
Old 01-07-07, 09:50 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rhinnard
Guys,
For what it's worth, I had two rattles that were simply fixed. I had noticed a rattle sound that appeared to be coming from the center of the dash. Upon closer inspection it turned out to be my sunglasses rattling in the overhead console. The other rattle happens when the passenger seat belt buckle is laying up against the plastic interior panel the metal buckle will sometimes create a rattle noise when driving over rough pavement.

I did notice a rattle somewhere at the rear when a deep bass note is coming out of the sound system but have only heard it one time.

All in all, this is one of the finest cars I have ever owned so far and unless it starts exhibiting other issues will continue to be my pride and joy.

Bob
Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the car. But, my dealer had to rip out the NAV/Radio unit and line the area with felt due to rattles. The front right door cover had to be removed as well and lined with felt. Now, my headliner rattles and there is a TSB on this which I need to have completed. I also have cold engine knock. I understand that no car is perfect. But, when Lexus tells me that the cold engine knock is normal, I have to take it up to the next level.
Old 01-11-07, 08:03 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

@ jjbodean - I realize that you don't know me personally and I'm sure there are some people who, in their frustration, might not distinguish between sales, service, the dealership and Lexus as a whole on the survey. Rest assured that I am not one of those people. On the whole, my sales experience was good and I don't plan to summarily crucify the dealership or the salesperson because of this.
we on the sales side appreciate this more than you know!