ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Had to be said. The ES 350 is gorgeous

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 04:02 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

My only complaint is the rear end. My favorite ES is two generations prior to the current one, before everyone went with big-body styling.
Old 01-16-07, 04:08 PM
vin 78
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, all I could say is that the whole fleet of current Lexus vehicles are absolutely beautiful, that probably can't be said about any other manufacture today.
Old 01-16-07, 04:27 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
For the first time in it's existence, the ES can sit right there and hold it's head up high. It's just sweet.
Excuse me for a moment while I represent for the ES250/300/330:
As a 2nd generation ES owner, I have to take mild exception to your comment. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but IMO, the ES has always had an honorable place within the Lexus line-up, and as the best selling model of all the various models, I might add. Just because it's based on the Camry platform, doesn't mean it's any less a Lexus.
Old 01-16-07, 04:58 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RobF350
the Lexus dealer response when I mentioned the remote start on GM vehicles:
"we dont need gimicks to sell our cars"

he is right!
One could argue that the self-parking feature that's available on the new LS could be considered a gimmick, as well...

Edit--whoops, I see ES350Bob already made a similar comment...
Old 01-16-07, 06:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by toneman
One could argue that the self-parking feature that's available on the new LS could be considered a gimmick, as well...

Edit--whoops, I see ES350Bob already made a similar comment...
I read two separate reviews that ended by saying it would be easier and quicker just to park the car yourself...

Last edited by LexBob2; 01-16-07 at 06:05 PM.
Old 01-16-07, 06:33 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexucan
Excuse me for a moment while I represent for the ES250/300/330:
As a 2nd generation ES owner, I have to take mild exception to your comment. Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but IMO, the ES has always had an honorable place within the Lexus line-up, and as the best selling model of all the various models, I might add. Just because it's based on the Camry platform, doesn't mean it's any less a Lexus.
Don't be so sensitive. Sorry if it seemed I am slighting the previous ES's. My mother had a 97 Camry and I had a 99 ES. Those cars looked almost exactly alike. The ES looked better but very similar to that Camry. It was un-Lexuslike. It's Camry roots shouted from the rooftops. The present car looks all the way Lexus....definitely more than any previous ES.
Old 01-16-07, 08:51 PM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 45 Posts

There comes a time where you say enough is enough with monthly fees and subscriptions- and sat. radio is one of those things for me.

Sirius has this deal where you can have a lifetime membership for a one time fee of $499. Look into it and get it. Once you have satellite, you will never want to be without it. No commercials, no fiddling with FM stations on long trips and best of all, better sound than FM!

P.S. Yes i do own stock in Sirius and XM
Old 01-16-07, 09:17 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't be so sensitive. Sorry if it seemed I am slighting the previous ES's. My mother had a 97 Camry and I had a 99 ES. Those cars looked almost exactly alike. The ES looked better but very similar to that Camry. It was un-Lexuslike. It's Camry roots shouted from the rooftops. The present car looks all the way Lexus....definitely more than any previous ES.
IMO there are as many similarities between the Camry and the ES in its newest form as in previous generations. What makes the difference in the 5th generation is the "L-Finesse" factor by which Lexus sought to give all 4 models (the ES, IS, GS, and LS) similar styling cues. So I don't think it is so much that the ES looks less like a Camry now, but the Camry (which also benefited by L-Finesse) looks more like a Lexus.
Old 01-16-07, 09:52 PM
tnedator
Driver

I was at the dealer today for service. Seeing all the cars so close together was a good opportunity to compare. The LS460 is just gorgeous. The GS, the IS, just beautiful. For the first time in it's existence, the ES can sit right there and hold it's head up high. It's just sweet.
As much as I like my wife's ES350, my father has an LS460L (black) and it really is a great looking car. I really like the body roll at the bottom of the door top of the rocker panels. It is a small thing, but adds a lot to the styling.
Old 01-17-07, 01:11 PM
RobF350
Driver

Originally Posted by kingofire
Sirius has this deal where you can have a lifetime membership for a one time fee of $499. Look into it and get it. Once you have satellite, you will never want to be without it. No commercials, no fiddling with FM stations on long trips and best of all, better sound than FM!

P.S. Yes i do own stock in Sirius and XM

im sure it is nice, but with the ES playing MP3s and WMA you can make 6 disks full of MP3s and drive across the country without having commercials and getting to listen to EXACTLY what you want.

Too many overpasses here, the sat radio in friends cars cutting in and out is very annoying to me, even under trees I hear them cutting out.
Old 01-17-07, 05:45 PM
tnedator
Driver

im sure it is nice, but with the ES playing MP3s and WMA you can make 6 disks full of MP3s and drive across the country without having commercials and getting to listen to EXACTLY what you want.

Too many overpasses here, the sat radio in friends cars cutting in and out is very annoying to me, even under trees I hear them cutting out.
Not if what you want to listen to is ESPN Radio, Fox News, the MLB channel, or in the case of Sirius, the NFL channel or Stern.

If all you are into is music, I think you make a very good point about the 700-1000 MP3s you could get on your 6 discs.
Old 01-18-07, 04:18 AM
RobF350
Driver

you are right, I am a music in the car type of guy.

My brother in law has over 200gigs of music on a portable hard drive, every now and then I borrow it and grab some files from it.

If I was into the talk radio- I would be in heaven with the sat. radio.

How do you stand it cutting out though?
Old 01-18-07, 04:51 AM
tnedator
Driver

you are right, I am a music in the car type of guy.

My brother in law has over 200gigs of music on a portable hard drive, every now and then I borrow it and grab some files from it.

If I was into the talk radio- I would be in heaven with the sat. radio.

How do you stand it cutting out though?
I've never had it cut out. Possibly where I live, not sure, but I have driven in Dallas, Memphis, Atlanta and a few other cities and never had it cut out. With XM, most big cities have over the air (terrestrial) broadcasts to deal with overpasses and other interference.

The only problem I ever have is in my home town, where there is no terrestrial signal, and it will cut out under metal gas station canopies and if I pull to far under the Sonic Drive in canopy. Other than those two places, I can't think of the last time it has cut out on me.
Old 01-18-07, 08:56 AM
BobBass
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh, come on....the ES350 is GORGEOUS?

You guys must be kidding.

Now, the "Bangled" 5-series...THAT is a gorgeous car.