ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Had to be said. The ES 350 is gorgeous

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-07, 09:58 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up Had to be said. The ES 350 is gorgeous

I was leaving Cheesecake factory and ended up talking to friends for awhile. We are in the parking lot and of course you see tons of people driving around. A silver ES 350 with the panaramic roof parks between an older E320 Benz and last gen Acura Tl.

It was amazing to see how much more styled and swoopier and even bigger the ES was. It is really popular in Atlanta, I've seen at least 7 or 8 this past weekend and it just amazes me, being a 1992 ES owner (manual too) how far this car has come. Amazing.

Looking at the details up close (I love how they styled the C-pillar and rear) L-finesse really worked well with this car. Sadly, my FWD days are over but wow, kudos to the ES. What a wonderful Lexus.

Old 01-14-07, 10:29 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Seeing the car in person virtually every day here in SoCal, I have come to appreciate the looks of the new ES. It has transitioned into the L-Finesse styling really well, and I like how it has brought the Circle-L logo back to the center grille. The unique colors also help it stand out.

I like the blue and the light gold/pink, I've seen a few UL ES 350s around which look really cool with the panorama roof. The car looks great in the more conventional colors as well...artistic and sleek. A very professional and sophisticated looking car.
Old 01-14-07, 10:30 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts

Agreed. It is a beautiful car. I am a RWD guy, but I really do like the new ES.
Old 01-14-07, 11:49 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is something that I see in the above photo of the ES350 that I hadn't noticed about this car until now. It is a minor thing but (IMHO) shows the attention to even the smallest of details which is a hallmark of Lexus engineering. What I mean is a subtle styling cue that is still reminiscent of the previous generations of the ES, going back as far as 1992 and perhaps even to the first generation. The ES has always had a very inconspicuous but stylish curved edge to the trunk lid, which is so subtle that from some angles it is hardly noticeable. And on the new ES350, even though the car has been dramatically redesigned inside and out (L-Finesse) when compared with the previous generations, it still retains this distinctive upturned edge on the trunk as a subtle clue to its ES lineage. Well done, Lexus!

Last edited by Lexucan; 01-15-07 at 12:02 AM.
Old 01-15-07, 04:44 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow! That blue is gorgeous! I have not seen one of those. As a matter of fact, I see very few 350's in my area. Not sure why. I do know as soon as I saw the spy pics I knew I had to have one....first year release or not. Won't do that again.
Old 01-15-07, 04:55 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

my 5 year old boy was riding in the backseat when I had that ES350 loaner and said to me .."Dad, this car is more beautifuler than your old one, can we keep it?"

they are surely the nicest ES ever!
Old 01-15-07, 08:08 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That shade of blue is nice, and would be nicer still with the side mouldings.

Maybe dunno can use his photoshop skills and airbrush some mouldings to compare.

Mouldings rule!
Old 01-15-07, 09:11 AM
jjbodean
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that blue is fugly
Old 01-15-07, 09:19 AM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

I dont care much for the Aquamarine (pictured above), but I think the ES350 overall looks amazing. I just realized the ES330s have mouldings, which are absent on the new ES350. Wonder if pin stripes AND mouldings can add some personal touches to this new style.
Old 01-15-07, 09:29 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaius88
I dont care much for the Aquamarine (pictured above), but I think the ES350 overall looks amazing. I just realized the ES330s have mouldings, which are absent on the new ES350. Wonder if pin stripes AND mouldings can add some personal touches to this new style.
Personally I prefer the smooth, clean look from the factory, without add ons. But to each his/her own.

Last edited by LexBob2; 01-15-07 at 09:34 AM.
Old 01-15-07, 09:37 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

If they'd go back to all shiney projector front ends, it'd be the best looking thing they've ever made. I just wish they were abit lighter. 3600lbs isn't much for a Luxury car of the nature it's starting to be, but it is more than your typical 3200-3400lb sedan.
It's a good trade-off tho. So much more stuff crammed in the new platform, it's crazy.
Old 01-15-07, 09:47 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@1SICKLEX : Good job starting a positive topic about ES350 As much as I like joining "the others" (damn, I miss LOST show ) talking about negative experience with my previous ES350, the car styling deserves Its also a good point about how they bring some details of the previous year models under the L-finesse. Its very subtle, yet noticeable when you are familiar with a "history" of Lexus models. Just recently I was at the red light and next to 2nd gen GS, and was examining that rear hump/hatch curve (in every possible clean definition of it ). That definitely got absorbed into 3GS.

OK, since you started this topic, I would like to ask you a question. Knowing everything you have learned about this 1st year 5ES, would you personally buy it right now if you had a need for a new car? Please answer honestly, just take your "moderator" hat off
Old 01-15-07, 10:41 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We bought our 3GS in June and the ES350 had just come out. I thought then it was a gorgeous car. In fact, I thought it attractive enough to outweigh getting the more expensive Lexus cars. My wife and I argued at the dealership. She was dead set against getting another ES car. I made the mistake of telling her thet were Camry based and she never forgot that. She asked if the newest car, the ES350 was no longer a Camry and I couldn't lie. She basically got me by saying, would you drive a car you hate? That's when I gave in. I still think the ES350 is nice. This may sound strange but I think the 3GS is more stylish but the ES is more attractive. My wife thinks I'm crazy but I stand by my opinion. I think it will break all previous ES sales marks.
Old 01-15-07, 11:35 AM
tnedator
Driver

My wife is getting nothing but compliments about her ES350 (Ruby UL). I stopped at Sonic on the way home from the dealership and the girl who brought me my drink was going on about how purty (not mispelled) it was.
Old 01-15-07, 11:47 AM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

I to love the new ES, every ES for that matter but the 07's are my favorite, nice elegant look to it, as well looks sporty from the back, but my only complaint is that i dont like the lil' skinny wheels/tires on the car. when looking at them from the rear, like of course behind the car, they look to thin for such a big body, i just would like to see something wider but that may affect the ride comfort. but i think the best looking ES would have to be in black because it looks so sleek. i remember seeing an ES with rear seat headrest DVD players at my local dealership and it was in black with cashmere leather, that car was hot, but wants a UL, but hey, i'll still take it. The ES needs that Glacier Frost color like on the IS and GS, now that is a beautiful color

Quick Reply: Had to be said. The ES 350 is gorgeous