ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus Is Replacing my 350!

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-07, 11:33 AM
gooch
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Is Replacing my 350!

After three failed stints with my tranmission problem, Lexus has offered to replace the car. They waved the usage fee, so basically I have driven 9K miles for free. I get to keep my e-sport wheels, but no 100k warranty. But I will get that as soon as the transmission messes up on the new one. I have my car financed with Lexus and they are just going to switch the VINs and keep the same loan, same payoff, etc. Can't be more pleased with the way Lexus has tried to keep me a customer. Dont know if any other car manufacturer would.
Old 01-23-07, 11:46 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gooch
After three failed stints with my tranmission problem, Lexus has offered to replace the car. They waved the usage fee, so basically I have driven 9K miles for free. I get to keep my e-sport wheels, but no 100k warranty. But I will get that as soon as the transmission messes up on the new one. I have my car financed with Lexus and they are just going to switch the VINs and keep the same loan, same payoff, etc. Can't be more pleased with the way Lexus has tried to keep me a customer. Dont know if any other car manufacturer would.
gooch,

I was wondering what the final outcome for you was, last we knew you were heading for yet another replacement trans.

Congrats and Good for you that you are getting another car and let's hope you never need the 100k warranty.
Old 01-23-07, 11:54 AM
NGG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gooch
Can't be more pleased with the way Lexus has tried to keep me a customer. Dont know if any other car manufacturer would.
This is as it should be. I am glad that it turned out well for you.
Old 01-23-07, 12:13 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Just curious...was your current car declared a Lemon?

Also, was Lexus willing to refund the money you paid?

If Lexus was willing to refund my money, I would think about buying some other car given your transmission problems with your current car.
Old 01-23-07, 12:24 PM
gooch
Driver School Candidate

Tried to get Lexus to give me my money back. They would not extend that offer. And the car will be declared a lemon once they get it back..different title and will just auction it off.
Old 01-23-07, 12:50 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

gooch, glad to hear this mess got resolved!!! Still surprised buyback was not offered as an option. You qualify more than anybody, including myself, for a buyback with 3 failed tranny attempts. They just want to take an easy way out with less paperwork. Actually, you would never get all your money back anyway, taxes and fees would be lost. I just assume you really like ES350, enough to stay with the same car. Good for you and good luck!!!
Old 01-23-07, 01:13 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by twister
gooch, glad to hear this mess got resolved!!! Still surprised buyback was not offered as an option. You qualify more than anybody, including myself, for a buyback with 3 failed tranny attempts. They just want to take an easy way out with less paperwork. Actually, you would never get all your money back anyway, taxes and fees would be lost. I just assume you really like ES350, enough to stay with the same car. Good for you and good luck!!!
In CA, you get back ALL your taxes under the Lemon Law. The registration fees are really small...like around $300.
Old 01-23-07, 01:19 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Will be seeing this car for sale in ebay motors soon. I think it was fair provided everthing is status quo with no $ out of pocket whatsoever. Just drive in to pick up another.
Old 01-23-07, 01:36 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 2007es350
In CA, you get back ALL your taxes under the Lemon Law. The registration fees are really small...like around $300.
You are correct, the same under Lemon law in NJ. I forgot that in my case it wasn't really a lemon law but a Corporate Lexus buyback after 2nd tranny flare.
Old 01-23-07, 09:22 PM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Can you get them to put you in a GS? I'd have a hard time driving the same model after going thru what you went thru.

Can you do me a favor and email 1sicklex your Vin #......he likes to keep track of these things on buybacks.
Old 01-23-07, 09:35 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

I'm wondering how the DMV handles things like this. Are you issued new title and car plates for the new car just as through you had just bought it new?

Last edited by osokuko; 01-23-07 at 09:41 PM.
Old 01-24-07, 11:47 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This transaction is called a "subsitution of collateral". It is actually very common, where the loan remains and the VIN is just changed at the financial institution.
Old 01-25-07, 02:25 AM
kingofire
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Gooch, awesome man! Hopefully its a different experience with the new one. I do have to say that I am a car guy. I love working on cars and tweaking around a bit when i do get some time. I belong to more than a dozen car forums and i have never ever seen so many buybacks on any other forums. From the 12 or so on ebay and the people on this board, I sure have learnt a lot.
Old 01-25-07, 06:25 AM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by kingofire
Can you get them to put you in a GS? I'd have a hard time driving the same model after going thru what you went thru.

Can you do me a favor and email 1sicklex your Vin #......he likes to keep track of these things on buybacks.
Problem some seem to have moving up to the GS, is that they get fewer addons (Nav, ML Audio, etc.) for the same dollars they paid for their ES, so they either have to lay out more money for an equivalent GS or go with a car with fewer options.
Old 01-25-07, 08:35 AM
gooch
Driver School Candidate

Went to the dealer yesterday and pick out my color. Ruby Red Granite, I think. Anyway, the red color that ES offers. They will just do a collateral switch with Lexus Financial, new title, plates and etc. the dealership will show it as a sale and lexus will reimburse the vehicle with another. My loan will stay the same and just have the VINs switch at LF. I tend to think they have not got the problem solved and will be back at the dealership at about
2K on the new car. the loaner I have flared this morning. I will give the VIN# of the old car as soon as the deal is finalized. Thanks for all the help you guys have been.

Quick Reply: Lexus Is Replacing my 350!