ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Transaxle Part Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07, 07:52 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ESsearch
Bob - What information do you have that would indicate the part number refers to a remanufactured transaxle?

Pete
Pete,

I cannot get more than this below without an account, I think Wanderer said once he has one so maybe he can get the full TSIB wording, diagrams and part number of transaxle.

TC010-06 Remanufactured Automatic Transmission Serial Number Location

10/20/2006 - 2006 – 2007 model year Lexus vehicles.

The purpose of this TSIB is to assist in the identification and location of serial numbers on 2006 – 2007 model year remanufactured automatic transmissions.

NOTE:
 Per Lexus Warranty Policy & Procedure Policy 4.21:
Whenever a remanufactured or OEM automatic transmission is replaced, the serial number from the back of the failed component must be entered in the “Transmission Serial Number” field, which can be found on the “Additional Information” tab of the
warranty claim.
 When writing a Product Report, the serial number MUST be provided.
 Warranty policy requires shipment of ALL replaced transmissions to AWTEC, even if the transmission is replaced with a new service unit.
Old 02-01-07, 08:15 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The word "remanufactured" never came up in any of my conversations with the dealer. I will call tomorrow and ask them point blank. They WILL be buying my car back if that is the case. My car had 2,893 mile on it when the tranny was swapped. Bad enough it needed a trans replacement using new parts. Remanufactured? Absolutely unacceptable.

Pete
Old 02-01-07, 08:26 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

The word "remanufactured" never came up in any of my conversations with the dealer. I will call tomorrow and ask them point blank. They WILL be buying my car back if that is the case. My car had 2,893 mile on it when the tranny was swapped. Bad enough it needed a trans replacement using new parts. Remanufactured? Absolutely unacceptable.

Pete

The wording of that is confusing to me and maybe is to you too because it acts like the one in the car already is remanufactured and/or that it is no big deal to put one in that is???, that word to me used to be called something else...rebuilt....but I don't know enough from the way that is worded, so if you don't mind will you please be sure to let me know as well what you find out.
Old 02-01-07, 08:36 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ES350Bob

TC010-06 Remanufactured Automatic Transmission Serial Number Location

10/20/2006 - 2006 – 2007 model year Lexus vehicles.

The purpose of this TSIB is to assist in the identification and location of serial numbers on 2006 – 2007 model year remanufactured automatic transmissions.
I noticed this is a different TSIB number. It appears the sole purpose of this TSIB (as described) is the ID and transfer of serial numbers "should" a remanufactured tranny be installed for some reason. I will be shocked if that reason would include the issue we have been discussing. My work order does not reference this TSIB. I will keep you updated on what I find.

Pete
Old 02-01-07, 08:51 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

I will keep you updated on what I find.

Pete

Thanks,

Also, I hope you find your new one is a new one and that it works just fine from here on out.
Old 02-01-07, 09:20 PM
tnedator
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tnedator
In the other thread about the new TSIB, it is stated that VIN# 64872 and above have the change equivalent to the TSIB.

My question is whether or not the 64872 simply refer to the last five digits of the VIN? I am wondering as the last five digits of my VIN are 76xxx, which if that is a sequential number means my car was produced about 12,000 cars after the VIN # stated in the TSIB.

FWIW, my car was produced in 11/06.
bump for a reply
Old 02-02-07, 07:48 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

bump for a reply
While it would be nice preclude that the last 5 digits actually sequence your car exactly, I do not think that is the case... For example, a single digit may be advanced by the day/week/month/year the car was built...

An example....

What's the difference between the following numbers?

Some simple math says 100,004... One could conclude that there were 100,004 units made between the two numbers, right?

Instead, it could be that the last unit made on 6/2006 just happened to be number 35976 (drop the 6 for the 6th month) and the number 735980 references the 4th unit produced on 7/2006 (drop the 7 for the 7th month)...

35980 - 35976 = 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double reply here:

Fellas don't confuse the issue with the old procedures and keep an open mind that not everyone gets the same story from the dealer.

There are dealers who know and seek out information about what's going on and there are those who wait around for it to fall in their lap... Mine went looking for answers, and so far he's been just about right on, considering some smearing that goes on as information travels through a huge conglomorate like Toyota.

I doubt they're putting remanufactured transmissions in cars.... BUT when you really think about it, provided the transmission is reassembled just as a fresh one is off the line... There is no difference. The case and gearsets etc. are all very stout pieces... Provided they meet QC requirements equal to new-never-used parts there should never be an issue.

On the other hand... If Toyota sublet the remanufacturing work to a 3rd party, I'd be very leary. Problem is I cannot see why Toyota wouldn't just ship the take-offs back to the line for stripping and reassembly.

If we want to derive anything from all the information we have between the forums, we need to watch specific instances where the new TSB was applied and make judgements based on those results.

Finally... reyrey, I see you around, we're after the same answers. Now that we know someone here and at TN has had replacements under this specific TSB we can watch them... Unfortunately, it appears there were a couple of "unknowns" that chimed in with their negative results... We need to look at these claims with close consideration, there are quite a few asswipes that will come in to pee on a productive conversation. This is part of the reason I visit nearly daily at least to see who is active even though I may not read all new posts... It helps me separate/validate reasonably true claims from the haters because the flytraps come and go, you need a true psychosis to hang around and bash daily all the while lying about your claims.
Old 02-02-07, 08:01 AM
tnedator
Driver

Originally Posted by onsknht
While it would be nice preclude that the last 5 digits actually sequence your car exactly, I do not think that is the case... For example, a single digit may be advanced by the day/week/month/year the car was built...

An example....

What's the difference between the following numbers?

Some simple math says 100,004... One could conclude that there were 100,004 units made between the two numbers, right?

Instead, it could be that the last unit made on 6/2006 just happened to be number 35976 (drop the 6 for the 6th month) and the number 735980 references the 4th unit produced on 7/2006 (drop the 7 for the 7th month)...

35980 - 35976 = 4
Ok, but here is the root of my question. The detail posted about the new TSIB says that the effective VIN for the change was 64872 (as stated in the other thread, 64871 would have the TSIB performed, 64872 would not).

Which five numbers in the VIN does 64872 refer to? Is it the last five, or some other part of the VIN #? Also, if I have a VIN that ends in 76xxx, is it safe to assume I fall outside of the current TSIB, or am I misunderstanding how the effective VIN on the TSIB's are listed?
Old 02-02-07, 08:28 AM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Originally Posted by onsknht
Fellas don't confuse the issue with the old procedures and keep an open mind that not everyone gets the same story from the dealer.

There are dealers who know and seek out information about what's going on and there are those who wait around for it to fall in their lap... Mine went looking for answers, and so far he's been just about right on, considering some smearing that goes on as information travels through a huge conglomorate like Toyota.

If we want to derive anything from all the information we have between the forums, we need to watch specific instances where the new TSB was applied and make judgements based on those results.

Finally... reyrey, I see you around, we're after the same answers. Now that we know someone here and at TN has had replacements under this specific TSB we can watch them... Unfortunately, it appears there were a couple of "unknowns" that chimed in with their negative results... We need to look at these claims with close consideration, there are quite a few asswipes that will come in to pee on a productive conversation. This is part of the reason I visit nearly daily at least to see who is active even though I may not read all new posts... It helps me separate/validate reasonably true claims from the haters because the flytraps come and go, you need a true psychosis to hang around and bash daily all the while lying about your claims.
Onsknht - I agree with what you are saying. I would encourage everyone to be clear in their statements regarding what are know facts and what is speculation. Most of the speculation only adds to the confusion.

My dealer, who has not been very good with accurate information, tells me the transaxle is a new and not remanufactured part. I have nor reason to disbelieve him but no factual way of proving that one way or the other. As I posted in this thread, I know my transaxle swap was done under the latest TSIB and it has the 30510 part number transaxle. I am watching it closely and will report any anomolies.

Pete
Old 02-02-07, 08:31 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Ok, but here is the root of my question. The detail posted about the new TSIB says that the effective VIN for the change was 64872 (as stated in the other thread, 64871 would have the TSIB performed, 64872 would not).

Which five numbers in the VIN does 64872 refer to? Is it the last five, or some other part of the VIN #? Also, if I have a VIN that ends in 76xxx, is it safe to assume I fall outside of the current TSIB, or am I misunderstanding how the effective VIN on the TSIB's are listed?

Tned....those digits are the last of the digits

Ons...I just got off the phone with local Toyota parts department and FWIW and what it means here it is.

30500=New transmission, (un-remanufactured) put in the car at factory or sent to dealer to install in a car where transmission is messed up.

30510=Remanufactured transmission, the 10 designates remanufactured, sent to dealer to install in car where transmission is messed up.

How that relates to Lexus part numbers I do not know but at least on Toyota side the addition of 10 means it has been remanufactured according to local dealer.
Old 02-02-07, 09:44 AM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Tned....those digits are the last of the digits

Ons...I just got off the phone with local Toyota parts department and FWIW and what it means here it is.

30500=New transmission, (un-remanufactured) put in the car at factory or sent to dealer to install in a car where transmission is messed up.

30510=Remanufactured transmission, the 10 designates remanufactured, sent to dealer to install in car where transmission is messed up.

How that relates to Lexus part numbers I do not know but at least on Toyota side the addition of 10 means it has been remanufactured according to local dealer.
Bob - I called my local dealer (parts dept) in KC. They claim 33510-33530 is a new unit. He said remanufactured units end in 84, i.e. 30510-33530-84. To double check, I called Lexus Mission Viejo where I purchased the car and their parts guy said the exact same thing.

Ons - You seem to have a good connection on accurate information. Can you check this part number thing out? Opinions of quality aside, I feel we should at least know what we are getting in the change-out.

Pete
Old 02-02-07, 10:14 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Bob - I called my local dealer (parts dept) in KC. They claim 33510-33530 is a new unit. He said remanufactured units end in 84, i.e. 30510-33530-84. To double check, I called Lexus Mission Viejo where I purchased the car and their parts guy said the exact same thing.

Ons - You seem to have a good connection on accurate information. Can you check this part number thing out? Opinions of quality aside, I feel we should at least know what we are getting in the change-out.

Pete
Pete,

I called local Lexus dealer and he said there is no 30500 which may be why the toyota dealer parts said what they did, it is 30510-xxxxxx, not aware of any updated transmission blah, blah, but that ending in 84 does designate rebuilt as you were also told.

But did state that a customer has no choice as to whether they get a new one or a rebuilt one, it is what is sent and there is no choosing. In your case, you got a new one it seems.
Old 02-02-07, 10:52 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a thought - if you take a new problematic transmission from Lexus factory inventory, modify it so the flare is taken out or minimized - do you call it remanufactured or new?
Old 02-02-07, 12:57 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by garsarno
Just a thought - if you take a new problematic transmission from Lexus factory inventory, modify it so the flare is taken out or minimized - do you call it remanufactured or new?

It is me again...

I feel that anything that has been used or "refurbished" is remanufactured. I hope the newer production vehicles do not have a remanufactured transmission, because then i will be MAJORLY pissed. But I will try to look before i buy any car... I love these discussions since it teaches me things... but I also don't love these discussions because they tell me there are problems. good luck to all.
Old 02-02-07, 06:15 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

My second transmission part number is 30510-33530. Description is given as Transaxle, W/Torc.

Quick Reply: Transaxle Part Numbers