ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Transaxle Part Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-07, 06:33 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer99
My second transmission part number is 30510-33530. Description is given as Transaxle, W/Torc.

I had hoped your dealer had given you accurate info on your second trans.

I looked at continuance on toyota and guy comes back saying:

"The transmission I had installed in November is part number 30510-33530. At least you have had better luck with it. After I had it installed the flare started again at around 500 miles.
Last edited by Chapo : Today at 12:44 AM."
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...=175359&page=5

We will need more input from our members for a time.
Old 02-02-07, 07:09 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Yes, mine lasted around 200kms (120 miles) before it started flaring again.

Quote from my printed service report today:
"Also had transmission production number checked against revised transaxle numbers. Guest has the latest revision for transaxle".

I never mentioned to my dealer anything about different transmissions being available. Maybe they knew something about this that I don't...
Old 02-02-07, 07:14 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Yes, mine lasted around 200kms (120 miles) before it started flaring again.

Quote from my printed service report today:
"Also had transmission production number checked against revised transaxle numbers. Guest has the latest revision for transaxle".

I never mentioned to my dealer anything about different transmissions being available. Maybe they knew something about this that I don't...

I can't remember when yours was replaced.

Also forgot the guy on toyota who claims his is fine to the other who says his is not warms his car up for 5 minutes before starting out
Old 02-02-07, 07:27 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Replacement date looks like it was 12/01/06 from my service report.
Old 02-02-07, 10:36 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

that's messed up.

it works for a couple hundred, then *****s up again. what could go wrong....

I find it hard to believe that during all their test drives, lexus/toyota didn't experience the slip. Or maybe they just swept it under the rug
Old 02-02-07, 10:50 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

My second transmission part number is 30510-33530. Description is given as Transaxle, W/Torc.
hey wanderer99.. thanks for your input... i hate the fact that this problem cannot be fixed... they might as well replace the whole car with all these TSB for the transmission... they are hacking up your car... geezz, how is it still "NEW" if they tear it apart and switch things in an out....

PLEASSEEE TOYOTA... if you are reading my post... FIX THE ISSUE and i will pick up a car RIGHT NOW... PLEEEASSEEE...
Old 02-02-07, 11:40 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

I imagine that if you were on the fence of buying this car and waiting for Lexus to resolve this, then that would be frustrating. But I can assure you its worse once you have the car and have the problem!!

I could always sell you my car so you could experience it
Old 02-02-07, 11:45 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

I imagine that if you were on the fence of buying this car and waiting for Lexus to resolve this, then that would be frustrating. But I can assure you its worse once you have the car and have the problem!!

I could always sell you my car so you could experience it
hahaha.. i rather get a paper cut between my ball sack then have this flare issue...

i can feel everyone's pain who have this problem and i am sorry... hopefully TOYOTA will do something about this...
Old 02-03-07, 09:47 AM
Traturn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for ES350Bob and reyrey127,

Dont get too caught up in the part number here.

Yes usuaily 30510 prefix indicates that the Tranny is a reman unit. Not the case with this ES350 tranny.

the 350 Tranny in question comes straight from the PDC in a cardboard packaging, NOT in the usual "coffin" from AWTEC that reman trannies come in. Also, there is no -84 suffix indicating that it is a reman unit.

It could be noted that the 30510-33530 tranny comes with a torque converter.

the EARLY (first couple) ES350 tranny replacements used a different part number that did not come with a torque converter. we had to worder two parts. since the the number sup'd to this 30510-33530. The orig. tranny number was straight 30500-xxxxx plus a converter.

Toyota/Lexus changed the part numb. and it now comes with a Torque converter. Aside from the LS430 recall tranny its the only time they do this.

I believe I'm accurate in saying this:

Brown cardboard = New
Brown plastic coffin = Reman

The trannies going in 350's come in brown cardboard boxes~

hope it helps
Old 02-03-07, 10:04 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Traturn
for ES350Bob and reyrey127,

Dont get too caught up in the part number here.

Yes usuaily 30510 prefix indicates that the Tranny is a reman unit. Not the case with this ES350 tranny.

the 350 Tranny in question comes straight from the PDC in a cardboard packaging, NOT in the usual "coffin" from AWTEC that reman trannies come in. Also, there is no -84 suffix indicating that it is a reman unit.

It could be noted that the 30510-33530 tranny comes with a torque converter.

the EARLY (first couple) ES350 tranny replacements used a different part number that did not come with a torque converter. we had to worder two parts. since the the number sup'd to this 30510-33530. The orig. tranny number was straight 30500-xxxxx plus a converter.

Toyota/Lexus changed the part numb. and it now comes with a Torque converter. Aside from the LS430 recall tranny its the only time they do this.

I believe I'm accurate in saying this:

Brown cardboard = New
Brown plastic coffin = Reman

The trannies going in 350's come in brown cardboard boxes~

hope it helps

traturn,

Thanks for the above, my head was slightly spinning after I got off the phone yesterday but got the basics down, but now it makes sense why one of the people repeated to me you need to ignore the torque converter and focus on the transmission, it is the same, and it is the transmission that has the problem when the flare happens, stop focusing on the converter....LOL ....He was most insistent about it too.
Old 02-03-07, 05:28 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
traturn,

Thanks for the above, my head was slightly spinning after I got off the phone yesterday but got the basics down, but now it makes sense why one of the people repeated to me you need to ignore the torque converter and focus on the transmission, it is the same, and it is the transmission that has the problem when the flare happens, stop focusing on the converter....LOL ....He was most insistent about it too.
thanks for all the help guys.

so it is true that there are still problems with the replaced transmission w/ torque converter then... mann... not the best way to start the year... thanks.
Old 02-04-07, 10:57 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by reyrey127
thanks for all the help guys.

so it is true that there are still problems with the replaced transmission w/ torque converter then... mann... not the best way to start the year... thanks.

hi all...

well here is a post i found on the tundrasolutions.com forum dealing with the v6 camry transmission. he has had over 1000+ miles on the new transmission.. here was his reply to my question regarding his transmission.. maybe there is some hope after all... just to help brighten your spirits a little...

Re: 07 Camry (follow-up to NEW TRANSMISSION thread)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to do some digging for the paperwork but I found it!

The Toyota part number for the transaxle assembly is: 30510-33530

The other things listed on the paperwork include;
- Enterprise Car Rental
- "KITATF" (I think it's ATF fluid)
- NPNATF (no idea but it's 2 @ $3.47 ea)
- Lock nut
- "World Standard Autom" (again, no idea but it's 7 @ $2.78 ea)

The paperwork also looks like it has the P/N of my original tranny..it lists the claim, fail code and other code information...the indicated P/N is the same as I listed above.

That help?

BTW...still no complaints...new transmission is GREAT (read as no flairing or slippage)!

It's SOOOOOOO easy to hiy 80MPH with this combination!
Old 02-05-07, 05:29 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reyrey127
hi all...

well here is a post i found on the tundrasolutions.com forum dealing with the v6 camry transmission. he has had over 1000+ miles on the new transmission.. here was his reply to my question regarding his transmission.. maybe there is some hope after all... just to help brighten your spirits a little...

Re: 07 Camry (follow-up to NEW TRANSMISSION thread)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to do some digging for the paperwork but I found it!

The Toyota part number for the transaxle assembly is: 30510-33530

The other things listed on the paperwork include;
- Enterprise Car Rental
- "KITATF" (I think it's ATF fluid)
- NPNATF (no idea but it's 2 @ $3.47 ea)
- Lock nut
- "World Standard Autom" (again, no idea but it's 7 @ $2.78 ea)

The paperwork also looks like it has the P/N of my original tranny..it lists the claim, fail code and other code information...the indicated P/N is the same as I listed above.

That help?

BTW...still no complaints...new transmission is GREAT (read as no flairing or slippage)!

It's SOOOOOOO easy to hiy 80MPH with this combination!
rey,

keep the beer mentioned above on the chiller, I'd be more excited if I had not discovered the guy you are quoting above had his transmission replaced the exact same time frame as Wanderer had his replaced and others since. I'll drag out the party favors when I start seeing at least our own members here reporting at a rate of at least 9 out of 10 have no further problems once they have received a 2nd transmission and have some time/miles on it.
Old 02-05-07, 06:18 AM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
rey,

keep the beer mentioned above on the chiller, I'd be more excited if I had not discovered the guy you are quoting above had his transmission replaced the exact same time frame as Wanderer had his replaced and others since. I'll drag out the party favors when I start seeing at least our own members here reporting at a rate of at least 9 out of 10 have no further problems once they have received a 2nd transmission and have some time/miles on it.
most definitely... i agree with you on that... until i see some consistant posters post the flare is fixed, i will take everything with a grain of salt... but until then, it is nice to hear that it MIGHT be possible that toyota has fixed the issue...

can''t forget the beer nuts....

cheers
Old 02-05-07, 09:05 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Yes - I'd wait for plenty of 'success' posts before believing it's fixed. I was hopeful the original valve body TSIB fixed the problem, and some were saying it was\wasn't fixed. Then I started the poll on that. Wow - what a disaster that TSIB was!

Once we get some more people reporting they've just now had the trans replaced, I'll post another poll for trans replacement success. It's not worth doing it yet as we don't have any real number of people having this TSIB performed yet. This poll would have to be isolated to trans replaced post Jan 2007 so as to rule out all the earlier trans replacement failures.

Last edited by wanderer99; 02-05-07 at 09:08 AM.

Quick Reply: Transaxle Part Numbers