ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Transaxle Part Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-07, 09:17 AM
djr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife has 1600 miles on hers with a 12/06 build date. She hasn't noticed any problems as of yet, but I am wondering if there is a sure fire way to cause the flare problem, or if it's just a random occurance? The salesman assured me the problem had been resolved on new units, but then again, salesman & honesty???
Old 02-05-07, 12:01 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wanderer99
Yes - I'd wait for plenty of 'success' posts before believing it's fixed. I was hopeful the original valve body TSIB fixed the problem, and some were saying it was\wasn't fixed. Then I started the poll on that. Wow - what a disaster that TSIB was!

Once we get some more people reporting they've just now had the trans replaced, I'll post another poll for trans replacement success. It's not worth doing it yet as we don't have any real number of people having this TSIB performed yet. This poll would have to be isolated to trans replaced post Jan 2007 so as to rule out all the earlier trans replacement failures.
i wil have to agree with you on that....

i will post more info when i see it on toyotanation.com...

cheers to all
Old 02-05-07, 06:18 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ESsearch
Maybe I can help. I just picked mine up from the dealer today (2-1-07) from having the transaxle replaced. It states on my receipt:

"Replaced transmission assembly as per TSB TC001-07.
T1=26 T2=99 OPN=30510-33530"

Under the section where they list the parts it shows:

Qty FP Number Description
---- ------------- ----------------
1 30510-33530 Transaxle Assy, A

I am hopeful that your posts were correct and this is a newer version of the transaxle. I've only put about 25 miles on it and everything seems fine. The normal shifts seem smoother but admittedly, that could be pre-learning mode or my imagination. Coming from the "Show Me" state and based what we all know today, I guess only time will tell. I'll keep you posted. Pete
Only time will tell - HA - that didn't take long! Well my worst fear came true. Not only is the new tranny acting up, it is worse than the one they took out. At least it only took about 80 miles to find out. I saw a small (200 rpm) 3/4 flare today. Worse than that I have a consistent new issue. At a steady speed and around 1200 rpm with a very light throttle, the tranny will shudder like it is slipping and cannot find the correct gear. It can be felt and heard and it is as though the car is running over a washboard surface. In fact I optimistically hoped that was the case the first time it happened. The second time it happened, I applied more throttle and the tach shot up about 1200 rpm and then it banged into gear and went on. Tonight it happened about every time I was cruising under the scenario described. My wife was with me and had no problem hearing or feeling it. They should have no problem replicating this problem.

I called Lexus Customer support and started that process. I will call the dealer tomorrow. Needless to say I am beyond disappointed. Bob called it correctly, the only thing the new TSIB does is stops the wasted time of trying a throttle body. Beyond that, from my experience, they are still swapping one crappy tranny for another (and possibly worse) tranny.
***king unbelieveable.

Pete
Old 02-05-07, 06:43 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Only time will tell - HA - that didn't take long! Well my worst fear came true. Not only is the new tranny acting up, it is worse than the one they took out. At least it only took about 80 miles to find out. I saw a small (200 rpm) 3/4 flare today. Worse than that I have a consistent new issue. At a steady speed and around 1200 rpm with a very light throttle, the tranny will shudder like it is slipping and cannot find the correct gear. It can be felt and heard and it is as though the car is running over a washboard surface. In fact I optimistically hoped that was the case the first time it happened. The second time it happened, I applied more throttle and the tach shot up about 1200 rpm and then it banged into gear and went on. Tonight it happened about every time I was cruising under the scenario described. My wife was with me and had no problem hearing or feeling it. They should have no problem replicating this problem.

I called Lexus Customer support and started that process. I will call the dealer tomorrow. Needless to say I am beyond disappointed. Bob called it correctly, the only thing the new TSIB does is stops the wasted time of trying a throttle body. Beyond that, from my experience, they are still swapping one crappy tranny for another (and possibly worse) tranny.
***king unbelieveable.

Pete

hahaha. Thanks for being a guinea pig.
I really hate the dealer, because the car generally comes back in worse condition.

I think it will take a big class action lawsuit to get any sort of response from lexus. My question is:
Does lexus really think this is the solution to the trans slip, or are they constantly working on another solution?
Surely, lexus must have a botched es350 test mule in their fleet that has the trans slip....

I wish you success in returning this car to lexus.
Old 02-05-07, 07:43 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

***king unbelieveable.

Pete
Pete,

I don't know what to say except that I sincerely wish you the resolve to handle this and sorry to know of it happening.
Old 02-05-07, 09:31 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

***king unbelieveable.

Pete

hi

did they also replace the torque converter??
Old 02-06-07, 04:54 AM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reyrey127
hi

did they also replace the torque converter??
I believe so. It is my understanding that the part number listed includes the torque converter.

Pete