ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Transaxle Part Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-07, 02:43 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transaxle Part Numbers

Take this FWIW - I stumbled upon it on the Toyota forum and asked for the source, seems legit.

Granted the TSB says "same" in the part number field but considering this is a new TSB and the old one obsoleted that may be the rationale behined referencing the "same new number." <<<--- If that makes any sense?

Anyway, it appears the part numbers are as follows....

OLD Transaxle # = 30500-XXXXX

NEW Transaxle # = 30510-XXXXX

A couple of Clamry dudes claim to have had TSB TC002-07 applied to their car and say the tranny is ALL THAT.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...0&postcount=62
Old 02-01-07, 02:54 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's a thought. Would it be easy for 1seeker to see the transmission part number of one placed in his car since his came from the factory after the VIN # designation?

Also, I'm not getting excited over the part #'s because we have had several get their's replaced late December and even January who say it fails to correct the problem.
Old 02-01-07, 03:49 PM
1seeker1
Rookie

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Here's a thought. Would it be easy for 1seeker to see the transmission part number of one placed in his car since his came from the factory after the VIN # designation?

Also, I'm not getting excited over the part #'s because we have had several get their's replaced late December and even January who say it fails to correct the problem.
If I can physically get to it, I'll look.
Old 02-01-07, 04:32 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Ok, but were they replaced under the TSB TC001-07?

If the TSB calls for a new part number and the transaxle was replaced with the old part number, then I guess we know the issue... I haven't seen anyone here get the "new TSB," although a couple of Camry guys have. Granted they're still on transaxles that are a few days old, we need more time.

I'm hinging all credibility on whether the owner specifically has a receipt that says TSB TC001-07 or TC002-07 were the remedy... The issue is only being confused by those replaced under the "old procedures."
Old 02-01-07, 04:35 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

FWIW - If anybody cares to call and verify.

http://toyotanation.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=68
Old 02-01-07, 05:15 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1seeker1
If I can physically get to it, I'll look.

oops,

LOL...sorry I didn't even think about the fact I was actually volunteering you as though it was a given you'd crawl under the car for the cause.

You are a good sport.
Old 02-01-07, 06:13 PM
tnedator
Driver

In the other thread about the new TSIB, it is stated that VIN# 64872 and above have the change equivalent to the TSIB.

My question is whether or not the 64872 simply refer to the last five digits of the VIN? I am wondering as the last five digits of my VIN are 76xxx, which if that is a sequential number means my car was produced about 12,000 cars after the VIN # stated in the TSIB.

FWIW, my car was produced in 11/06.
Old 02-01-07, 06:19 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

hey ONS its me again. I was the one that claimed someone from CL had the TSB completed. Just to let you know I read this forum as well and just saying hi.

Hopefully the fix is true... if it is... one round of BEER on ME at the pub at Berkeley, CA.

Cheers
Old 02-01-07, 06:24 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by reyrey127
hey ONS its me again. I was the one that claimed someone from CL had the TSB completed. Just to let you know I read this forum as well and just saying hi.

Hopefully the fix is true... if it is... one round of BEER on ME at the pub at Berkeley, CA.

Cheers

I'll be there if true but reading Wanderer's post from yesterday evening and the guy at Toyota forum, both said they were told they had the most recent version of transmission and both report it is not working, as well as swobro and gooch who recently posted about their's. So, I'll wait and see.

Keep the beer on the chiller though.
Old 02-01-07, 06:37 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

I'll be there if true but reading Wanderer's post from yesterday evening and the guy at Toyota forum, both said they were told they had the most recent version of transmission and both report it is not working, as well as swobro and gooch who recently posted about their's. So, I'll wait and see.

Keep the beer on the chiller though.
I agree with what you said... lets pray the FIX is true... I read on edmunds the same post that had been posted already

Here it is:

"Day 2 with my replaced transmission and all is well. I got my 07 XLE-V6 back yesterday and it drives better IMO than before. Shifts are more defined than the original transmission and best of all No RPM flare (so far... I'm keeping my fingers crossed). I will post again after a few more days of driving. I was worried that a replacement transmission would not fix the problem since I have read many posts of other unsuccessful attempts at fixing the flare. Both my wife and I drive the vehicle and both of us with totally different driving styles would intermittenly experience the RPM flare on when we drove the vehicle. For us, it took numerous trips to the dealer, the TSB valve body replacement, test drives with everyone from the techs to a Toyota Rep, and finally a replacement transmission. Not the best experience but they may have saved a Toyota customer. Only time will tell...
"

Cheers to all...
Old 02-01-07, 06:45 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I can help. I just picked mine up from the dealer today (2-1-07) from having the transaxle replaced. It states on my receipt:

"Replaced transmission assembly as per TSB TC001-07.
T1=26 T2=99 OPN=30510-33530"

Under the section where they list the parts it shows:

Qty FP Number Description
---- ------------- ----------------
1 30510-33530 Transaxle Assy, A

I am hopeful that your posts were correct and this is a newer version of the transaxle. I've only put about 25 miles on it and everything seems fine. The normal shifts seem smoother but admittedly, that could be pre-learning mode or my imagination. Coming from the "Show Me" state and based what we all know today, I guess only time will tell. I'll keep you posted.

Pete
Old 02-01-07, 06:52 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

Is there anyone out there that had their tranny replaced a month or two ago that still has the receipt? Maybe we can verify at least a different tranny is being used. There is a good possibility the part number would not be on the tranny itself or in a viewable placement when installed.

Pete
Old 02-01-07, 07:00 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ESsearch
Is there anyone out there that had their tranny replaced a month or two ago that still has the receipt? Maybe we can verify at least a different tranny is being used. There is a good possibility the part number would not be on the tranny itself or in a viewable placement when installed.

Pete

Or if swobro can look on his receipt as his was just done this month and said it is not working,

Then there is the visual image of 1 seeker crawling around under his car to help the cause and let us know what part number is stamped on his.
Old 02-01-07, 07:23 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

If anyone has an account with Tundra we may find something on this in the 10/20/06 transmission ID location instructions as I'm sure it would list the transaxle part number covered and it is a release in later October around the time of offered VIN # cutoff per 1 seeker's VIN falling after cutoff and his is an October build.

Let's hope the number change does not signify it is a remanufactured trans rather than a new one because the above issued item refers to remanufactured transmissions in the ES350.
Old 02-01-07, 07:43 PM
ESsearch
Pole Position

If anyone has an account with Tundra we may find something on this in the 10/20/06 transmission ID location instructions as I'm sure it would list the transaxle part number covered and it is a release in later October around the time of offered VIN # cutoff per 1 seeker's VIN falling after cutoff and his is an October build.

Let's hope the number change does not signify it is a remanufactured trans rather than a new one because the above issued item refers to remanufactured transmissions in the ES350.
Bob - What information do you have that would indicate the part number refers to a remanufactured transaxle?

Pete

Quick Reply: Transaxle Part Numbers