ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350
View Poll Results: What was the result after your transmission replacement?
Success: transmission is working perfectly!
14.29%
Failure: transmission still skips\flares\slips.
85.71%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Transmission Replacement Success\Failure Poll - Dec 2006+

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-07, 05:58 AM
meadoel
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So far they have not used that line on me. They just stall buy saying they can't recreate the problem.

Yesterday when I told the Asst. SM that I would just keep driving the car until it flares regularly and then video tape it for her like I did the first tranny. She paused and stammered for a second. I think she realized then that I was serious and that they weren't going to pull wool over my eyes.

If anyone says "normal characteristic" wouldn't the natural reply be "so why did you replace my transmission when I reported a "normal characteristic" if you knew it was normal the the new transmission was going to do the same thing?
Old 05-09-07, 05:33 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by meadoel
If anyone says "normal characteristic" wouldn't the natural reply be "so why did you replace my transmission when I reported a "normal characteristic" if you knew it was normal the the new transmission was going to do the same thing?
Along the same line, I asked why my car was supposedly learning (slipping) and still learning at over 1,000 miles and others do not do this. Got no answer.
Old 05-09-07, 06:16 PM
meadoel
Rookie

Learning? Sheesh. My first transmission must have still been learning at >7500 miles. It must be a slow learner.
Old 05-10-07, 05:46 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Learning? Sheesh. My first transmission must have still been learning at >7500 miles. It must be a slow learner.
How many miles did you have on the car before you first noticed it slipping?
Old 05-10-07, 08:13 AM
meadoel
Rookie

I bought the car with 4800 miles on it and it slipped day 3. The new transmission slipped within 3 days as well.
Old 05-10-07, 08:30 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

I bought the car with 4800 miles on it and it slipped day 3. The new transmission slipped within 3 days as well.
This would then be the second used ES350 that we now have here at CL.

The first used ES350 posted about here also slipped... and then the owner found out the trans had already been replaced previously. I hate to ask this, but do you know if your trans was replaced before you purchased the vehicle?
Old 05-10-07, 12:44 PM
meadoel
Rookie

I don't mind you asking.

I bought the car with a new title from the dealer. It was their demo. I bought it specifically because I assumed by 4800 miles they would have ID'd and addressed any transmission problem with that specific vehicle... as well as any major rattles.

Well.... the skip clearly hadn't been addressed... and I've had every major rattle possible, including some I've not read about here.

That may be why my dealer seems to be working with me, I have it in writing that I wanted that car for these reasons, and yet they sold it to me anyway.
Old 05-10-07, 02:19 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well.... the skip clearly hadn't been addressed... and I've had every major rattle possible, including some I've not read about here.
you sure you didn't get a used loaner car?

usually loaner cars have that many rattles. must be music to your ears
Old 05-10-07, 06:46 PM
meadoel
Rookie

Originally Posted by dunnojack
you sure you didn't get a used loaner car?

usually loaner cars have that many rattles. must be music to your ears
Well, the car was advertised as a demo, so I don't know how to tell for sure.
I have driven their service loaners and they made MUCH worse squeaking than mine... I complain every time I get one.

I would bet it wasn't a service loaner because none of the ones I've seen (ES, IS, or RX) have Nav in them, and mine did.
Old 05-11-07, 05:53 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Well, the car was advertised as a demo, so I don't know how to tell for sure.
I have driven their service loaners and they made MUCH worse squeaking than mine... I complain every time I get one.

I would bet it wasn't a service loaner because none of the ones I've seen (ES, IS, or RX) have Nav in them, and mine did.
It seems as though you did get a demo rather than a loaner.

For those who bought used without new title: I just recently found out that Lemon Law likely does cover your car too, you'll have to check in your Lemon Law pamphlet under what qualifies found among owner's manual material but it seems buying one for private use within 24 months of original owner buying it allows you to qualify for Lemon Law too.

In Florida: you have to have bought it from an owner who used it for personal use and within 24 months of when that owner first bought it and have reported it's issues also within the 24 months from what I recently read.

I'm sure other states have something similar to that of Florida.
Old 05-15-07, 01:08 AM
kchristian
Driver School Candidate

Just had the tranny replaced on the Lexus ES350 I purchased on 7/6/06 - production date 6/1/06. Noticed some slippage during first morning run from 30-40 mph many months ago but didn't request check on the issue until service at 9300 miles. I'll be watching the results now as I see that there are several reports of issues with replacement transaxle assembly.

I filed a complaint with the Lexus Corporate because when I was informed of the required replacement I was also offered 3 additional options by the service consultant which were recinded within an hour - 2 car payments, extended warranty, or new car. Their comeback/decision after filing a complaint was to offer free service for 10K and 15K. Have local SM pushing for extended warranty now. Seems that no one there wants to go on the record regarding this issue saying that it is only some units but Camry's have the same problem with the same tranny. I think that there are lots of other owners out there that don't know how the problem manifests itself and don't think it is a major issue and report it to the dealer. Anyone here have the noted VIN numbers from TC001-07?
Old 05-15-07, 08:56 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kchristian
Just had the tranny replaced on the Lexus ES350 I purchased on 7/6/06 - production date 6/1/06. Noticed some slippage during first morning run from 30-40 mph many months ago but didn't request check on the issue until service at 9300 miles. I'll be watching the results now as I see that there are several reports of issues with replacement transaxle assembly.

I filed a complaint with the Lexus Corporate because when I was informed of the required replacement I was also offered 3 additional options by the service consultant which were recinded within an hour - 2 car payments, extended warranty, or new car. Their comeback/decision after filing a complaint was to offer free service for 10K and 15K. Have local SM pushing for extended warranty now. Seems that no one there wants to go on the record regarding this issue saying that it is only some units but Camry's have the same problem with the same tranny. I think that there are lots of other owners out there that don't know how the problem manifests itself and don't think it is a major issue and report it to the dealer. Anyone here have the noted VIN numbers from TC001-07?
How can they cancel their offer to you after they already made you the offer? I was given similar choices when I needed a transmission replacement. What dealer are you going to? You can pm me if you want.
Old 05-15-07, 04:52 PM
robob2
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2007 Camry that is outside the VIN range in the TSB, yet it has "flair" problem. It has been confirmed by the dealer and I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer on what will happen next.
Old 05-15-07, 09:57 PM
kchristian
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 2007es350
How can they cancel their offer to you after they already made you the offer? I was given similar choices when I needed a transmission replacement. What dealer are you going to? You can pm me if you want.
I agree and that was my complaint. Dealer is Lexus Carlsbad. Saw first flare on new tranny this AM. Will call Service Manager tomorrow. Yes, I am not a happy Lexus owner.
Old 05-15-07, 11:17 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree and that was my complaint. Dealer is Lexus Carlsbad. Saw first flare on new tranny this AM. Will call Service Manager tomorrow. Yes, I am not a happy Lexus owner.

prepare to get a lemon lawyer after your 2nd fix.
you don't have to put up with this.

Quick Reply: Transmission Replacement Success\Failure Poll - Dec 2006+