ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Major Problems vs Build Date

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-07, 11:12 PM
Lex13
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major Problems vs Build Date

I'm very curious about the build dates of the vehicles on this forum with major issues (tranny, loud engine noise, major rattles). I've noticed that a lot of the people who posted in the "Roll Call" thread since September/October have just smiled and faded into the sunset, leaving the problem children, moderators, and potential buyers/fence riders as posters on this forum. I guess that if you've purchased your ES350 and don't have any problems, there's not much need to stick around here when you can be out enjoying your car.

As for the build dates, it seems that many of the cars with major problems are earlier builds. I've also been keeping an eye on the build dates of the new ESs turning up on Ebay due to buybacks or whatever reason. Every one of them since late Nov. (when I first looked) that had a sticker that showed the build, was built in 03/06, 04/06, or 05/06. These dates along with 08/06 seem to match many of the most problematic cars here.

I wanted to start a "Build Date" poll of owners WITHOUT problems but I really think that most of them just don't hang out here anymore.
Old 02-12-07, 05:33 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex13
I'm very curious about the build dates of the vehicles on this forum with major issues (tranny, loud engine noise, major rattles). I've noticed that a lot of the people who posted in the "Roll Call" thread since September/October have just smiled and faded into the sunset, leaving the problem children, moderators, and potential buyers/fence riders as posters on this forum. I guess that if you've purchased your ES350 and don't have any problems, there's not much need to stick around here when you can be out enjoying your car.

As for the build dates, it seems that many of the cars with major problems are earlier builds. I've also been keeping an eye on the build dates of the new ESs turning up on Ebay due to buybacks or whatever reason. Every one of them since late Nov. (when I first looked) that had a sticker that showed the build, was built in 03/06, 04/06, or 05/06. These dates along with 08/06 seem to match many of the most problematic cars here.

I wanted to start a "Build Date" poll of owners WITHOUT problems but I really think that most of them just don't hang out here anymore.
Lex,

There are still a lot of older members who pop in, I believe in order to get their input it has to be done in a fashion that does not make a mockery of those with issues as some supposedly "positive" threads do. IMO: Some members will not add their input if they feel it is requested in a fashion that mocks the various issues an ES350 can have. If my car was completely problem free, I would not post in a thread that comes off making a mockery of those who do have issues.

Your genuine curiosity, your approach, seems on the right track to ask your question more directly. You can also review the various polls which include build month info.
Old 02-12-07, 06:21 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex13

Lex, you make a good point about owners who have faded into the sunset. It doesn't make for interesting reading for someone to say, "I drove my car today, and nothing happened". I'm sure there are a lot of early builds out here with no problems. I have one (4/06) and most likely a lot of people in the sunset were in the same boat.