ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Dealership refuses to fix my car

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-07, 07:30 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dunno, got my car back this evening. They had to order the part (tire inflation monitor). Should be in later this coming week, and will let you know how the repair goes. They say the fixed the windshield crack noise, and I have not heard it yet. Stay tuned......
Old 03-14-07, 09:13 AM
toneman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by onsknht
FWIW - the clunk you speak of, I think is the gas tank... I heard it a few times and it's directly tied to how much go-juice is in the container.

Next, I have to side with them a little bit... Think about it in a simplier context. You bring the car in and say the door makes a "clunk" sound when closed... They close the doors of a couple other cars and they too make the same "clunk." Should they really spend time fixing your car?
I think that's a bit too "simple" of a context--should they not address the tranny flare issue also, if it is demonstrated that a couple of other cars have the same flare? Oh wait a minute--that's the stance they've decided to now take.

The issue I have w/ your analogy is that you can't compare a door clunk to a gas tank clunk...especially when you yourself aren't so sure that the rear clunk I speak of is definitely attributed to the gas tank...or even if it is, as to exactly what is causing the clunk to occur. And even if it was attributed to the gas tank--why would any clunk involving the gas tank, of all things, be brushed off as not worth looking into further? Or if I were to take it further--does every other single make and model vehicle make a similar clunk?

Heck, I could argue that the ES 350 wind noise issue isn't worth looking into since it doesn't affect overall drivability any more than a rear clunk would...yet I'm sure dozens of other ES 350 owners in this forum would vehemently disagree with such an assessment, given the number of posts/threads made regarding the wind noise issue.