ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Potential insight on trans issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-07, 05:20 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by osokuko
Well, if I didn’t have bad luck I’d have no luck! Lol.
Well, does it help that you are the first member to report a January build?

Just lower it, put some big azzed tires on it, crank up the ML and just say,

She may slip, but she sure is pretty!

oso... just in case the humor was ill timed, I want you to know I sincerely wish the best for you but figured a play on your former thread to add larger tires would go over ok with you.

Last edited by ES350Bob; 03-14-07 at 05:04 AM.
Old 03-13-07, 06:40 PM
mjmg8rs
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More info (3rd transmission replacement)

Well this is an interesting thread - let me add to the fun. I just picked up my car, 3rd replacement... and the notes say something different on the service document.
Every other time it said replace transmission assembly old serial#xxxxx new serial #yyyyy

This time it says
replace tranmission, reset memory and INPUT THE NEW COMPENSATION CODES. old transmission # new trannsmission#. and ROADTEST AS OUTLINED IN TSIB

Guess what - I made it more than 1 mile without it "flaring"

I guess I will wait til it's cold in themorning for a real test - but the car has flared every time before...
Old 03-13-07, 06:48 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mjmg8rs
Well this is an interesting thread - let me add to the fun. I just picked up my car, 3rd replacement... and the notes say something different on the service document.
Every other time it said replace transmission assembly old serial#xxxxx new serial #yyyyy

This time it says
replace tranmission, reset memory and INPUT THE NEW COMPENSATION CODES. old transmission # new trannsmission#. and ROADTEST AS OUTLINED IN TSIB

Guess what - I made it more than 1 mile without it "flaring"

I guess I will wait til it's cold in themorning for a real test - but the car has flared every time before...
Clearing memory and entering the transaxle compensation code is part of the procedure. Sounds like they may have just gotten better at listing the details of what they did.

3rd transmission??? You have the patience of a saint.
Old 03-13-07, 07:00 PM
mjmg8rs
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Clearing memory and entering the transaxle compensation code is part of the procedure. Sounds like they may have just gotten better at listing the details of what they did.

3rd transmission??? You have the patience of a saint.
Just trying to be helpful :

Yes - patience of a saint is right - they have already promised a buyback - now negotiating.. I am sure the this one will flare too.. wish me luck..
Old 03-13-07, 07:06 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mjmg8rs
Just trying to be helpful :

Yes - patience of a saint is right - they have already promised a buyback - now negotiating.. I am sure the this one will flare too.. wish me luck..
That's good news on the buyback, and I do wish you luck. Keep us posted.
Old 03-14-07, 08:08 AM
osokuko
Pole Position

Well, does it help that you are the first member to report a January build?

Just lower it, put some big azzed tires on it, crank up the ML and just say,

She may slip, but she sure is pretty!

oso... just in case the humor was ill timed, I want you to know I sincerely wish the best for you but figured a play on your former thread to add larger tires would go over ok with you.

Bob – there are so many other things more important in the world than this car. I enjoyed your play along humor on many of my posts. I often make jokes about good or bad things, that’s just me, so your humor is well taken. I had lol with your post, yep going to enjoy the ML, top open wind in my face (no bugs), quite engine and look at my new spoiler, she is pretty.
Old 03-14-07, 08:21 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by osokuko
Bob – there are so many other things more important in the world than this car. I enjoyed your play along humor on many of my posts. I often make jokes about good or bad things, that’s just me, so your humor is well taken. I had lol with your post, yep going to enjoy the ML, top open wind in my face (no bugs), quite engine and look at my new spoiler, she is pretty.

I figured you'd enjoy the humor but added that explanation this am just in case you forgot I also got a 2nd one and for a time I too convinced myself it was not slipping like the one I had just gotten out of...LOL.

That denial is good for a few weeks of new car furor so throw that sunroof back and enjoy!
Old 03-14-07, 08:27 AM
sdbrandon
Lead Lap

I agree with what he said as to laughing about it being called flare which pertains to what you see on tachometer rather than an accurate description fof what is mechanically going on which is what he described for you.

I also agree with the estimated number involved, I believe more are involved actually, but these are built in Japan not in Kentucky.

I do not agree it has been addressed so as not to happen to newer vehicles as we have numerous reporting failures.
Is it possible the mechanic was referring to the trannys being built in KY and not the whole car?

A lot of parts can come form the U.S.
Old 03-14-07, 08:36 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sdbrandon
Is it possible the mechanic was referring to the trannys being built in KY and not the whole car?

Yes it is possible I guess, i know they remanufacture transmissions here in the USA thanks to a service tech who visits the forum now and then, but he could also be mixing Camry info and ES info maybe as aren't Camry built here and both share same transmission woes?
Old 03-14-07, 11:34 AM
cip
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sdbrandon

I believe he was just referring to the trans. According to him the info in the serial number gives them very detailed information down to the assembly line within a factory. Again, if I have the chance to get out there again I will ask for more info.