ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Personalized Settings

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07 | 04:49 AM
static
Driver

Originally Posted by wishihad1
the checksheet is available from your dealer, should have been given to you by your salesperson.
try pushing a different combo of buttons.
The checklist can also be downloaded here...

http://owners.lexus.com/lexusowners/...zedSettings.do

however, the section in the manual is much more detailed and you should be able to get the dealer to do most, if not all, of what is shown in the manual.

I took the checksheet and marked it up, then wrote in the additional ones I wanted from the manual, noting the page it was on.

I added a pdf showing the manual pages
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ownersManualDoc.pdf (134.3 KB, 247 views)

Last edited by static; 03-17-07 at 04:59 AM. Reason: added attachment
Old 03-17-07 | 08:10 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Originally Posted by static
So I guess what they did was disable the warning beep that happens while the car is moving, which was really annoying.
To those who may have additional knowledge on this subject:
Can the initial 3-5 beeps that go off when the engine is started without seatbelts secured be disabled?
Old 03-17-07 | 08:29 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

The checklist can also be downloaded here...

http://owners.lexus.com/lexusowners/...zedSettings.do

however, the section in the manual is much more detailed and you should be able to get the dealer to do most, if not all, of what is shown in the manual.
Thanks Static the checklist was helpful.

I had more frustrations today with the 'P-settings'.
No matter how I tried I couldn't get Lexus P-Setting #3 to work at the optional setting:

Optional 1. When placing the vehicle into Park, all of the doors will remain locked.

Basically what I want is that when the shift is placed into any gear or park, no door locking/unlocking will take place.

Currently, due a change that was made yesterday at the dealers, when I place the gear out of Park the doors do not lock like they used to.
This is half of what I want.

When I currently place the gear into Park, the doors still unlock if they were locked. I would like the doors to remain locked if they were locked, and remain unlocked if they were unlocked.

I'm assuming that this can be done and would like confirmation if possible.
Thanks!

Another frustration today when I discovered that I can no longer unlock all the doors by opening the back door manually. I could before I brought my car in yesterday!
Old 03-18-07 | 11:24 AM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

I don't know if this is related to a change that was made to my personalized settings on Thurs. but I suspect it may be.

Since Thurs. I've been hearing a sound/noise immediately after the engine is turned off that lasts about 10 or so seconds. It sounds like the motor noise I used to hear with my Camry when the attenae was retracting.
Does anyone know what this sound is all about?

Thanks!
Old 03-18-07 | 12:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NoiseFree
I don't know if this is related to a change that was made to my personalized settings on Thurs. but I suspect it may be.

Since Thurs. I've been hearing a sound/noise immediately after the engine is turned off that lasts about 10 or so seconds. It sounds like the motor noise I used to hear with my Camry when the attenae was retracting.
Does anyone know what this sound is all about?

Thanks!
Are your headlights programmed to stay on for 20 seconds after engine is shut off? When mine were set that way, they'd buzz/hum until they shut off. I had them reset to shut off when the drivers door was opened after ignition was turned off.
Old 03-18-07 | 03:19 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Are your headlights programmed to stay on for 20 seconds after engine is shut off? When mine were set that way, they'd buzz/hum until they shut off. I had them reset to shut off when the drivers door was opened after ignition was turned off.

They were on default for 30 seconds, but I had them change it to 0 seconds when the driver's door is opened.

I think this is a different sound than what you are referring to though.
The sound only lasts about 10 or so seconds and goes away _before I open my door.
It's a motor-type sound and as I said it sounds very similar to the old radio antennae opening up or retracting.
Old 03-20-07 | 04:32 AM
static
Driver

Thanks!
I'll check tomorrow whether it's 3 or 5 beeps.
It will only beep if you start the engine without wearing your seatbelt.
After that it seems ours is behaving the same.
Mine is same as yours, start the engine with seatbelts off, 5 beeps.

Has anyone actually disconnected the buzzer? I know there are at least 2 of them behind the AC vents in the center of the dash, but there must be at least 1 more somewhere else in the dash.

I also hear the sound that is like an electric motor winding for a few seconds right after shutting off the engine, but it doesn't always do it. I have no idea what that is.
Old 03-20-07 | 06:13 AM
07LexusGuy
Intermediate

I also hear the sound that is like an electric motor winding for a few seconds right after shutting off the engine, but it doesn't always do it. I have no idea what that is.
That would likely be the NAV - the head unit has a fan on it for cooling. The fan keeps running for a bit after engine shut off.
Old 03-20-07 | 12:33 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 07LexusGuy
That would likely be the NAV - the head unit has a fan on it for cooling. The fan keeps running for a bit after engine shut off.
I'd be inclined to say it wasn't the NAV, the main reason being that I don't have NAV. Possibly the ghost of NAV?
Old 03-20-07 | 12:40 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Mine is same as yours, start the engine with seatbelts off, 5 beeps.

Has anyone actually disconnected the buzzer? I know there are at least 2 of them behind the AC vents in the center of the dash, but there must be at least 1 more somewhere else in the dash.

Static I'm going to keep pursuing these to their logical conclusion and would appreciate any help from others here.

I wouldn't hesitate to disconnect the buzzer myself if I knew how to and it wasn't too difficult to do.

If you check the other thread on the P-Settings you'll see a fellow says he had it disabled. I'd like to find out if he had the first 5-beeps disabled too. That seems to be what he was saying.

Yup, that's the sound I hear too. It's strange because I don't recall hearing it for the three plus weeks I had the car before the first service. After the service, now I hear it all the time.
Old 03-20-07 | 04:59 PM
wishihad1
Rookie

where does the buzzing sound seem to becoming from(generally).
Your seat belt beeps five times, then no more noise at all? is this the same for the passenger seat?
your door lock issue for unlocking from the rear door can be set by you following the instructions in the owners manual.
Old 03-20-07 | 05:31 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

where does the buzzing sound seem to becoming from(generally).
Your seat belt beeps five times, then no more noise at all? is this the same for the passenger seat?
your door lock issue for unlocking from the rear door can be set by you following the instructions in the owners manual.
The soft motor buzzing sound is coming from the front of the vehicle, around the dash area, but it's hard to pin-point the exact location.

Yes, the seatbelt signal will beep for 5 times upon engine startup if not fastened. This is apparently the default. The other seatbelt beeps (removing of the seatbelt later during the drive etc.) have been de-activated by the dealer.
I can only talk about the driver's seatbelt as the others have not been tested.

Thanks, I checked the rear door unlocking, and it is in fact working properly.
I was mistaken there.
Old 03-22-07 | 02:58 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Thanks!
I'll check tomorrow whether it's 3 or 5 beeps.
It will only beep if you start the engine without wearing your seatbelt.
After that it seems ours is behaving the same.
5 beeps (and seatbelt idiot light lit) if engine is started w/o driver's side seatbelt buckled (I make this distinction because I didn't test to see if the car would beep if I was buckled but someone sitting in the front passenger seat wasn't; note that I'm assuming the car is smart enough to know better than to beep if the front passenger seatbelt isn't buckled due to no one occupying the front passenger seat), no beeps if buckled prior to starting engine. If there is a separate personalized setting option to disable the "you forgot to put on your seatbelt before starting the engine" beeps...it is not listed as a customized setting (at least I couldn't find anything specific to it), and I am not otherwise aware of the existence of such a setting.

I'm sure many of you folks know about the "you're driving your car and yet you still don't have your seatbelt on" chimes--this is documented as an adjustable personalized setting, and is one that I had my dealer disable.
Old 03-22-07 | 06:09 PM
wishihad1
Rookie

i also heard the buzzing noise, will try to find. it was a brand new car 15km.
Old 03-22-07 | 07:33 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

i also heard the buzzing noise, will try to find. it was a brand new car 15km.
Thanks, let me know what you come up with.

Yesterday I had a bit of breakthrough. I finally managed to disable the 'Park-unlock doors' setting. I did it without turning on the engine (maybe that was my mistake before).

But the real kicker came soon after that when I turned off the engine.
For the first time since I started noticing the faint motor noise after shutting off the engine, it wasn't there! Gone! Cut motor and nothing!

Just for some clarification. I had my telescopic steering disabled from day one when I picked up my car. So when I turn off my engine there is no steering column retraction noise. That's why I can really hear this other motor noise very distinctly.

Anyways, after that one time yesterday when it was gone, it quickly came back the next time I turned off the engine! Go figure.

One more thing, I noticed yesterday when I was starting the car using the 1-2-3 method that the noise is also there when I start the car! Only a shorter duration (about 5 secs or so). Again, I can hear this because tele. steering isn't covering it up.

My current theories as to why it's there:
1. All those times I couldn't turn off the 'Park/unlock doors' setting I may have screwed up the logic and it's trying to figure out what to do.
2. It has something to do with whether I park with the doors locked vs. doors unlocked.
3. It has something to do with the original telescopic steering disabling and they fiddled with something last week when my car was in for P-Settings.
(This is unlikely though, as others have also heard the noise).
4. Something entirely unrelated to the above...

Quick Reply: Personalized Settings