ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

I'll just have to wait a few more days.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-07 | 09:25 AM
Cappy
Driver School Candidate

Default I'll just have to wait a few more days.

Hi Everyone. After months of test drives, reading reviews and frequently visiting this forum, I put down a deposit on an ES. I went with SGM/Gray Int. with the premium plus package + Nav. I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow morning but with ice and snow in the forecast, I rescheduled for Tuesday morning. Tuesday can't come fast enough. I never went into the purchase of a new car with as much information that I had with the ES and it's thanks to all of you guys. I'll post some pictures. Thanks again.
Old 03-17-07 | 11:19 AM
PsychDoc
Lead Lap

Good move to wait until after the snow.

I can't imagine (almost) anything worst than getting in an accident the first day you own a new car.

Great color/interior combo. My friend just got his and it looks super sharp....I just love the interior.

Did you get the UL?
Old 03-17-07 | 11:22 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Congrats! I just picked up my SGM/Black Int premium plus with navi package a 30 minutes ago. I live in NYC too and the weather is crap today. Now, it safely in the garage. The drive was crappy due to weather, but the experience was so awesome in a new car. You definitely enjoy it.
Old 03-17-07 | 11:40 AM
alenglish
Driver School Candidate

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I purchased a SGM/Black interior with Ultra Lux Pkg last Saturday and absolutely love it!

I'm in MD and the weather is bad now and supposed to get worse tonight. Thankfully, my ES 350 will be safely tucked away in the garage.
Old 03-17-07 | 11:49 AM
Cappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PsychDoc
Good move to wait until after the snow.

I can't imagine (almost) anything worst than getting in an accident the first day you own a new car.

Great color/interior combo. My friend just got his and it looks super sharp....I just love the interior.

Did you get the UL?
Right now it looks pretty bad out there so I think I did the right thing. I didn't want the stress of driving my brand new car on what could be some bad driving conditions tomorrow morning. I got the Premium Plus pkge with Nav - can't wait til Tuesday.
Old 03-17-07 | 12:52 PM
Cappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ESDragon
Congrats! I just picked up my SGM/Black Int premium plus with navi package a 30 minutes ago. I live in NYC too and the weather is crap today. Now, it safely in the garage. The drive was crappy due to weather, but the experience was so awesome in a new car. You definitely enjoy it.
Thanks, Dragon, and Congratulations to you! I'm glad to hear that got home safely and that your beautiful ES is now in the garage. It should be clearing up tomorrow and you'll have plenty time this weekend to enjoy your car and check out all the toys. Enjoy! About 2 weeks ago, I was leaving my gym and parked right next to me was a SGM ES. It was probably just washed.The car looked absolutely beautiful. I was out there about 5 minutes looking at it from every angle. My decision was made.
Old 03-17-07 | 04:48 PM
ESDragon
Driver

Originally Posted by Cappy
Thanks, Dragon, and Congratulations to you! I'm glad to hear that got home safely and that your beautiful ES is now in the garage. It should be clearing up tomorrow and you'll have plenty time this weekend to enjoy your car and check out all the toys. Enjoy! About 2 weeks ago, I was leaving my gym and parked right next to me was a SGM ES. It was probably just washed.The car looked absolutely beautiful. I was out there about 5 minutes looking at it from every angle. My decision was made.
Thanks Cappy and good choice with that color I was totally sold on that color when I first saw on the road. I just started reading the manuals, there are two books. One of the manual is soley just for the navigation. By the way, which dealership are picking up your car from? I got mine from Rockville Center in Long Island. My wife's cousin works in sales and was able to get me a great deal. Honestly, if I was in your position, I don't think I will be able to sleep until Tuesday. The anticipation will kill me.
Old 03-17-07 | 06:21 PM
Cappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ESDragon
Thanks Cappy and good choice with that color I was totally sold on that color when I first saw on the road. I just started reading the manuals, there are two books. One of the manual is soley just for the navigation. By the way, which dealership are picking up your car from? I got mine from Rockville Center in Long Island. My wife's cousin works in sales and was able to get me a great deal. Honestly, if I was in your position, I don't think I will be able to sleep until Tuesday. The anticipation will kill me.
I bought mine from Lexus of Massapequa. Their deal was a little better than Rallye and I was happy with the price they gave me on my 05 Accord. When I saw the forecast, I called them early on Thursday morning and asked them If they could deliver the car late that afternoon but they couldn't. Now I envision my car sitting on their lot totally encrusted with ice. Believe me, I am so anxious to get this car home. Can't wait!
Old 03-19-07 | 02:51 PM
Lex13
Rookie

Default T Minus 2 Days (and counting)

I was supposed to take delivery tomorrow morning but with ice and snow in the forecast, I rescheduled for Tuesday morning. Tuesday can't come fast enough.
Hey Cappy, there' re only two days left until you pick up that new car. Congrats and enjoy.
Old 03-19-07 | 03:43 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

... Now I envision my car sitting on their lot totally encrusted with ice. Believe me, I am so anxious to get this car home. Can't wait!
Congrats, Cappy!!! Make sure when you pick it up on Tuesday to go over the exterior for any minor scratches. This nasty ice crusting when sliding down can leave some minor scratches on the soft paint of ES. Unless they already coated it with a couple of wax layers, keep your excitement down and examine everything. Minor scratches could be buffed out easily. If you find anything, demand full detailing of exterior. Good luck!!!
Old 03-19-07 | 06:23 PM
Cappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twister
Congrats, Cappy!!! Make sure when you pick it up on Tuesday to go over the exterior for any minor scratches. This nasty ice crusting when sliding down can leave some minor scratches on the soft paint of ES. Unless they already coated it with a couple of wax layers, keep your excitement down and examine everything. Minor scratches could be buffed out easily. If you find anything, demand full detailing of exterior. Good luck!!!
Thanks, Twister. Good advice. My car just came in on Monday, the 12th, so I'm hoping that they left on that white protective covering. In any event, I'm calling the sales person tomorrow morning to ask her to make sure they check for scratches and if there are any to make sure it's taken care of. I'll be checking every inch of that car from top to bottom. The forecast for Tuesday is sunny so I'll be able to take a good look. Less than 38 hours but who's counting? Can't wait!
Old 03-19-07 | 08:32 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

I'm actually speaking from experience. When I picked up my GS (after ES buyback), I took it home late at night the day before Thanksgiving. Didn't really examine because it was dark already. The next day we had a huge storm, and on Friday morning when I finally had chance to examine the car I found 4 short parallel scratches on the roof symmetrically in the corners. Brought the car back and they started with "maybe it was due to a storm and some branches, bla bla bla..." I went straight to service manager who I'm friends with. He looked at it and right away diagnosted as when they remove that white protective covering, they cut too deep with a blade and right into the paint. 3 of those were buffed out right away, one was deep enough for them to consider applying a touch up paint. So, they put into a service record for me to get a full detailing at my 5k service which is a good idea now since I got more "ice crust" scratches already
Old 03-21-07 | 05:13 AM
Lex13
Rookie

Tuesday can't come fast enough.
Okay Cappy, your D-Day (or should I say E-Day) has now arrived. You get to pick up the ES on the day that Spring comes in. Do three things for me. Inspect it carefully, enjoy the experience, and be sure to post your pics on the "Post Your ES Pictures" thread.

Congrats again on your purchase.
Old 03-21-07 | 06:11 AM
Cappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lex13
Okay Cappy, your D-Day (or should I say E-Day) has now arrived. You get to pick up the ES on the day that Spring comes in. Do three things for me. Inspect it carefully, enjoy the experience, and be sure to post your pics on the "Post Your ES Pictures" thread.

Congrats again on your purchase.
Thanks, Lex. It's a beautiful day and I am looking so forward to picking up my ES. You can be sure that I will take my time and check the car out very carefully. Minus 2 hours and counting.
Old 03-21-07 | 06:27 AM
Cappy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by twister
I'm actually speaking from experience. When I picked up my GS (after ES buyback), I took it home late at night the day before Thanksgiving. Didn't really examine because it was dark already. The next day we had a huge storm, and on Friday morning when I finally had chance to examine the car I found 4 short parallel scratches on the roof symmetrically in the corners. Brought the car back and they started with "maybe it was due to a storm and some branches, bla bla bla..." I went straight to service manager who I'm friends with. He looked at it and right away diagnosted as when they remove that white protective covering, they cut too deep with a blade and right into the paint. 3 of those were buffed out right away, one was deep enough for them to consider applying a touch up paint. So, they put into a service record for me to get a full detailing at my 5k service which is a good idea now since I got more "ice crust" scratches already
I'm glad that Lexus owned up to those scratches and took care of it. When you get that 5k service, you can really look forward to it. Based on your experienc and the experiences of others on this forum, I think I know what to look for when I inpect this car. Good luck to you with your GS. It's a beautiful car. Enjoy!

Quick Reply: I'll just have to wait a few more days.