ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-07, 03:20 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next picture

Here is a picture of the rear, number 2. This is the 3rd new car with in a year.
Attached Thumbnails Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?-dsc00643.jpg  

Last edited by osokuko; 04-17-07 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 03-28-07, 03:22 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Default The rims

I think they look kind od bold, last picture number 3.
Later I found out the signature on the rim is “hereborrani” from the Hereborrani series, MRR
Attached Thumbnails Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?-dsc00649.jpg  

Last edited by osokuko; 04-17-07 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Updated
Old 03-28-07, 04:39 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The wheels make the car! Very very nice..............
Old 03-28-07, 04:40 PM
ESDragon
Driver

Talking

I am calling my dealership now and pursuing a trade for a GS too.... j/k

Congrats on your new ride... it is awesome.
Old 03-28-07, 10:41 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You might wanna get wheel locks...

and change your sig.
Old 03-29-07, 06:56 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

sawwweeet! I like the wheels, too bad they have that stupid signature in them and don't have Lexus centercaps... What's the signature say anyway, Sean John or some other basketball player's name?

Carefull of curbs with them wheels too! of course a little curb rash might offset the signature some?
Old 03-29-07, 08:35 AM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats Osokuko. Who would have thought when you purchased that original ES350 that you'd end up having owned three new Lexus vehicles within the space of a year

I hope this one is a keeper. Best of luck!!
Old 03-29-07, 04:31 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Thanks for the compliments, Dunno yeah what happen to the wheel locks they were included in the price, I noticed that last night too. I got caught in that rain storm we had yesterday so she’s ready for a wash, I’ll inquire about the locks at that time.

I asked the dealership the night we picked her up what is the signature name on the wheels. The rim know-it-all there said the name (sounded like joshwafer???) is German and the rims are made in Japan LOl – MB puts these rims on there cars, of course there German car. So I guess it’s cool to have it on the rims.

These’s 20” rims play ticks with your mind after you’ll live with them for a few days suddenly the 20’s look normal and other cars and trucks have tiny rims with big sidewall tires. Anyway I’m glad I got my big AS tires (joke about my big “as” tire thread that was edited) Lol. FWIW- the tire size is Nitto NT555 Extreme ZR. Front are 245/35/ZR 20 (tire tread is 9” wide) and the rear are 275/30 ZR 20 (tire tread is 10” wide). I know there not fantastic in the rain but they have a 300 tread ware rating which is good for 30-40K miles.

Yes, we have really confused the neighbors this year with Lexus loaners and 2 new paper plate UL’s along with the IS350 we bought that first night, which I must say has been flawless with nearly 10K miles now. Now the GS.

I almost bought the M/35 Infiniti because it is a really beautifully detailed car outside and inside. Has all the option I wanted including Laser or is it radar cruise for a slightly less price than a GS350 fully loaded. Thanks to ES350Bob’s PM insight on the car I was sold on it. Later I checked out the Infiniti M/35 /45 posts on Edmunds Town Hall. The owners are happy with the car and highly rate it. But I also found some disserting recent posts from some unhappy folks over there over the Transmission 2-3 shift problem, as it sometimes slams 3rd gear so hard it jolts the car. The Engineers are looking at changing the trans Valve Body, and there replacing transmissions now – sound familiar? Be there done that, so I was disappointed. The next day is my post # 60 “what in the heck I’m going to do about this ES”.

Yeah what a saga, anyway I better get busy here and change the signature now.
Old 03-29-07, 08:49 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

All I have to say: Hey, that's my car with a nicer rims!!! Congratulations!!! So, who is a "lucky rat" now?
Old 03-29-07, 09:12 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Lol - yeah. What goes around comes around.

Last edited by osokuko; 04-17-07 at 09:44 PM.
Old 03-29-07, 09:46 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by osokuko
(sounded like joshwafer???)
My new table name.... "2 for joshwafer, party of 2, smoking."

JFWY - I'm jealous
Old 03-30-07, 10:52 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Seems claims of buffeting by dealers on the ES350, or even more absured, of people supposedly having sensitive hearing, or normal, are just not going to wash, nobody is going to accept excuses for a lack of a TSIB on wind noise.

"But the biggest offender of all is wind noise, according to consumer surveys, meaning the whistling sound that air makes as it flows along the contour of a vehicle."

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=273582
Old 03-31-07, 05:27 AM
osokuko
Pole Position

Didn’t have the wind noise in my car but did have the road noise. Only coming from the right rear door. I looked at the rubber molding and found a 4” strip of mold at the bottom of the door near the tire well not secured to the door just kind of hanging there loose. That was going to be my next project – quite down the road noise. Of course I could solve the whole issue of wind, road, engine noise in a matter of moments by simply removing both hearing aids.
Old 03-31-07, 06:31 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

I have a negotiated deal for a new car which should be final, all things being equal, within 10 days!!!!

It might have otherwise been sooner but they are NOT used to cutting a significant check to the buyer
so the deal cannot be a final deal until then.

Alert: In approximately 10 business days there will likely be a "normally" operating ES350 on the market with very low miles and a spotless service record, Obsidian w/Cashmere

I decided to do this instead of subjecting myself to multiple service visits when it is clear ripping into my transmission will not offer any reliable solution and would instead severely devalue my car. Even if I lucked out and somehow ended up with a transmission that operated fine, a 1 in 10 chance it seems, I'd still be left with several times daily knocking tapping that is not normal for any car no matter who claims otherwise, and of course left with the "normal" wind noise that is anything but normal.

I will instead keep all receipts of the trade transaction so that when the class action mailing info on these transmissions hits my mailbox, like the oil gel one did years later pertaining to my 99 ES300 valve job, I will be ready.
Old 03-31-07, 07:09 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Bob, exactly what car will you be getting? Sorry that you have all these problem with the ES. It is sharp looking car, but it is unacceptable with these flaws.

Quick Reply: Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?