ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-07, 02:07 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onsknht
Ya I knew about both cars, but I thought Lexus took the first one off your hands, i.e. no out of pocket loss?

The new owner calling you???? Ouch, I wouldn't have mentioned anything about the transmission, ala my trade-in at Acura... "It just hurts my back to drive that car."

No, an expense to me both times.

As for answering his questions, it was very awkward but I did.
Old 04-17-07, 02:09 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexBob2
The time to ask about accidents or issues is BEFORE you buy the car...
I'm sure he did ask questions of the dealer about the car before purchasing but since he had the former owner---me-- to ask, he did, I'd have done the same thing given that opportunity.
Old 04-17-07, 05:23 PM
ESDragon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob, kind of strange that the 2nd owner contact you instead of dealership. How did they get your contact information? At least you were honest with them about the car.
Old 04-17-07, 05:28 PM
e-man
Lead Lap

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah, Bob, that is really strange that the second owner would have your contact information. Did you leave a hidden note somewhere in the car for him or her to find?
Old 04-17-07, 05:45 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by e-man
Yeah, Bob, that is really strange that the second owner would have your contact information. Did you leave a hidden note somewhere in the car for him or her to find?
e-man, ESdragon

No, no hidden notes

he said he had gotten my info off the title when he bought the car this past weekend.

I was asked to endorse the title but no to whom it was sold was on the title at time I signed it.
Old 04-17-07, 10:52 PM
wanderer99
Lead Lap

Default Buyback Details

Now that ESDragon is having a hard time, I'm curious to see if something I've been observing here is really accurate.

I seem to have been reading that:
- If your dealer stands up and fights for you or commits to a buyback you DID get a buyback
- If you dealer says "can't fix this talk to Lexus" you DIDN'T get a buyback.

Is this correct?
Old 04-18-07, 04:25 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by wanderer99
Now that ESDragon is having a hard time, I'm curious to see if something I've been observing here is really accurate.

I seem to have been reading that:
- If your dealer stands up and fights for you or commits to a buyback you DID get a buyback
- If you dealer says "can't fix this talk to Lexus" you DIDN'T get a buyback.

Is this correct?
I have an additional observation. While a dealer may play a role in a buyback, it is virtually a sure thing you will for certain get a buyback, you also suffer no stalling tactics on repairs if you financed or leased through Toyota, or if as one member, you initially state you are a lawyer in which case you are nearly immediately offered a buyback. If you did not finance or lease through Toyota, you go to the bottom of the list with a few exceptions where a dealer may have pushed hard for you.

To a person I have asked who was having trouble, being stalled out, they did NOT finance or lease through Toyota and neither had I, and all of us had trouble getting a resolution.
Old 04-18-07, 10:34 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Than make me an exception since I didn't have a problem with buyback while I paid cash for the car... I do have to agree that when dealership takes over the buyback process, outcome is 100%. But, it all comes down to how big is the dealership and their volume of sales. One things I learned for sure, even dealerships get a different treatment from Lexus Corprorate office based on their volume of sales. Bringing Ray Catena Lexus here on East Coast (two huge locations within 20 miles covering a huge Jersey Shore Area) as an example. Those guys deal in huge volumes, and they do get a first dip into hard to get models, specific colors and option packages, etc. They also can afford to discount cars more because they will make it up by a bigger volume of sold cars. They are also one of the largest Mercedes and Jaguar dealership in this area. Anyway, those guys have more "weight" in saying for buyback when talking to Lexus corporate. Of course, they have to see the flares hapenning consistently, and when they do - everything gets taken care of without any direct contact with Corporate office. They also been very honest with me, and even before the first tranny replacement they told me ahead about guaranteed 100k Platinum warranty upgrade if tranny is replaced.
Old 04-22-07, 07:56 AM
terryes
Driver School Candidate

A Big Ping
Old 04-22-07, 08:36 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by terryes
A Big Ping
More like a pressure release valve.
Old 04-24-07, 03:49 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

On today's ebay motors listing, there are 6 out of 9 cars for sale due to transmission replacements and Lexus buybacks that found their way into the auctions.
Old 04-25-07, 05:54 PM
mattvds
Rookie

Today, my 6 month ordeal with Lexus corp officially ended. Lexus corp bought back my car today. They gave me back absolutely everything (tax, all fees, financing fees, and even the interest I paid on my car loan). They made me replace my chipped windshield before they would take the car back, but that's OK. Oh, and they waived the mileage charge.

I'm going to hold out on buying a replacement car, until the 08's are out, at which time I'm probably going to end up with a GS (hopefully rattles are fixed by then?), G35 or a 535i.

Good luck to everyone with their ES. And watch out for a used black on black ES350 w/ chrome rims and black emblems w/ ~12k miles on it.
Old 04-25-07, 08:57 PM
ESDragon
Driver

Originally Posted by mattvds
Today, my 6 month ordeal with Lexus corp officially ended. Lexus corp bought back my car today. They gave me back absolutely everything (tax, all fees, financing fees, and even the interest I paid on my car loan). They made me replace my chipped windshield before they would take the car back, but that's OK. Oh, and they waived the mileage charge.

I'm going to hold out on buying a replacement car, until the 08's are out, at which time I'm probably going to end up with a GS (hopefully rattles are fixed by then?), G35 or a 535i.

Good luck to everyone with their ES. And watch out for a used black on black ES350 w/ chrome rims and black emblems w/ ~12k miles on it.
That's great news! I am real glad that you can convince Lexus corp to buyback your car. Unfortunately, I have been trying to do this for the past month with Lexus corp with no success. They pretty much said that they won't do anything for me because my car is working as designed. They refuse to go any further with my case. Well, I will be ready to take a loss and move on with my life. Lexus is
Old 04-25-07, 10:09 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Congrats, Matt. We were lucky that we were one of the last people to get the voluntary buyback program. From ESdragon's post, it sounds like Lexus is taking the "normal characteristic" of your car approach to ESdragon's problems which is sad and unfortunate.
Old 04-25-07, 10:36 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mattvds

hot dang! it took them 6 months for them to decide to buy it back and fill out the papers?????? You deal with Michelle cervantes?

the lemon law would require them to respond within 30 days..

the G35 is such a killer car. much better value than the ES and it's RWD. The rear seat knee space is less, and the trunk is 1 cu.ft smaller, but it still fits a 6'2 person like me. and that's all that matters. Just look at this beaut.

Last edited by dunnojack; 04-26-07 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Still No TSIB, Trade Or Buyback/Lemon Law?