ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Transmission Flare Solved

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-07, 09:03 AM
rmgmag
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Flare Solved

I took my ES 350 in for the 10,000 mile oil change on Friday. While I was waiting for the cashier, (oil change was $37.95) a salesman was standing near by and asked what type of Lexus I had. I replied a 2007 ES 350. He then asked how I liked it and I replied "Have had no serious problems just minor ones" After that I said "Thank goodness no transmission problems."

To that the salesman replied and I quote, "No need to worry as it was a software problem and it has been fixed"

I did not want to laugh in his face and just said that was good to know and continued with my transaction with the cashier.

I thought you would all enjoy his comment.
Old 04-10-07, 11:31 AM
ESDragon
Driver

Lexus must fed him a lot of BULL**** because he sure knows a lot about the tranny problem for the ES.
Old 04-10-07, 12:33 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rmgmag
I took my ES 350 in for the 10,000 mile oil change on Friday. While I was waiting for the cashier, (oil change was $37.95) a salesman was standing near by and asked what type of Lexus I had. I replied a 2007 ES 350. He then asked how I liked it and I replied "Have had no serious problems just minor ones" After that I said "Thank goodness no transmission problems."

To that the salesman replied and I quote, "No need to worry as it was a software problem and it has been fixed"

I did not want to laugh in his face and just said that was good to know and continued with my transaction with the cashier.

This is exactly why so many owners are frustrated. No two answers are the same. Who do you believe? It has been handled very poorly.
Old 04-10-07, 12:35 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

At least you got a good price on the oil change. Was it a special or their regular price?
Old 04-10-07, 12:45 PM
rmgmag
Driver School Candidate

I was sent a $7.00 off coupon from the dealer. The regular price is $44.00.
Old 04-11-07, 01:10 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

here in socal, it's $52.

rule of thumb: salesmen don't know $$it!!
Old 04-11-07, 06:13 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rmgmag
After that I said "Thank goodness no transmission problems."

In the long run there is nothing to gain and everything to lose by misleading people about the transmission, it seems an organized effort to do it with as many members as have reported one story or another given them on the transmission.
Old 04-11-07, 05:18 PM
meadoel
Rookie

Red face Transmission Slip repair #1

My ES has a flare about 200RPM every morning. I took a video of it the day I brought it in for service. The Service Manager didn't want to see the video, he said he believed me and if I was willing to show him the video he didn't need to see it.

He ordered a "throttle body" for me because he thinks it will solve the problem for me. We'll see... this will be service visit #1 to fix the transmission slip.

Last edited by meadoel; 04-11-07 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added title
Old 04-11-07, 06:29 PM
John U
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
it seems an organized effort to do it with as many members as have reported one story or another given them on the transmission.
Corporate america is still trying to come to terms with "Internet Hysteria" as they call it. Years ago they could get away with sweeping it under the rug and "who will know". Now the consumer has so much information at our finger tips the corporations are held "feet to the fire" more then ever before.
I follow motorcycles closer than cars nowadays and Harley, BMW & Honda have all tried to bury problems over the years and they have not gone away.

The standard corporate line of "they all do that" ...etc is so transparent that it now automatically means "I'm lying to you"
JU
Old 04-12-07, 09:17 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by meadoel
My ES has a flare about 200RPM every morning. I took a video of it the day I brought it in for service. The Service Manager didn't want to see the video, he said he believed me and if I was willing to show him the video he didn't need to see it.

He ordered a "throttle body" for me because he thinks it will solve the problem for me. We'll see... this will be service visit #1 to fix the transmission slip.
You have a GREAT service manager!!
Old 04-12-07, 09:23 AM
ESDragon
Driver

You are lucky that they are at least doing something about the transmission slip. I have been to 2 dealership and they said there is nothing they can do for the flare. It is a normal characteristic for the car.
Old 04-12-07, 10:03 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Is there a new TSIB for the throttle body? The old valve body TSIB has been shown to fail and has been removed.
Old 04-12-07, 06:40 PM
meadoel
Rookie

I'm not aware of a new TSIB. My theory: Either he's thinking of the old one or he's ordering it to pacify me.

That's why I view this as visit #1....
Old 04-12-07, 08:05 PM
2007es350
Lead Lap

That's cool. I know where you are headed. You have reached a milestone when they admit there is a problem and are trying to fix it. If the fix doesn't resolve the problem....keep pursuing a fix for your transmission. Do I hear a buyback in your future?

When Lexus offered me a buyback, they had the nerve to call the transmission slipping a "normal characteristic". When I asked them why on earth would they replace my transmission at the cost of $4K? Lexus responded that the replacement was made for customer service reasons. Then I responded, "Won't the customer be really mad when the supposed "fix" (which Lexus knows will NOT work) fails again?" The response was...let's work on this buyback.
Old 04-13-07, 11:39 AM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

just thought you said ES300-330. lol

Quick Reply: Transmission Flare Solved