ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2008 Models: New colors and release date?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-07, 10:18 PM
MyF355Spid
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Models: New colors and release date?

My mom has fallen in love with the ES 350; well, fallen in love with everything but the exterior colors. She was hoping for a mid-gray. The current offerings are slim in the neutral colors. They have some light offerings and dark offerings, but nothing all that exciting in the middle. The Amber Pearl and Turquoise would both have been possibilities had they not stopped making them. I was just wondering if there is any information available about when new colors might be released or if the 2008 models will be out soon. I find it strange that they stopped making the above two colors and did not replace them. Is there any reason why they were introductory-only colors?
Thanks for the help
Rumormill is fine - but please identify your sources as able...
Old 04-25-07, 10:34 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was very surprised to hear that they stopped producing the Amber Pearl color. Where did you get this information?
If this is true, it kind of makes me happy since I now feel that I've got a custom color. LOL
Old 04-26-07, 08:19 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

2008 is only the second model year for this generation, so as far as design is concerned, I doubt there will be any major changes. Perhaps a new color or wheel, but other than that, I don't see too much changing aesthetically. I doubt that the two colors you mentioned will be descontinued.

However, we all know that the ES350 has had it's share of electromechanical deficiencies. Hopefully, most (if not all) of these issues will be addressed in a manner that befits Lexus quality.

Rumormill: no. Family works in Toyota/Lexus HQ. If I hear of any changes, I'd know. I just can't publicize everything that I know...
Old 04-26-07, 10:54 AM
MyF355Spid
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone know anything about the Aquamarine Pearl or Amber Pearl? Our Houston dealer insists that these are not available anymore. Would this be a regional thing or what? Do any of your local dealers have any on the showroom floor. I was thinking maybe they could trade for one if that would work for her?
Old 04-26-07, 01:20 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think they will add a sharkfin to even out L-finesse roofline with IS/GS/LS Or maybe even a side mirror turn signal blinkers, just like in upcoming '08 GS350/GS460.
Old 04-26-07, 01:52 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

i dunno. i can't imagine the sharkfin on the ES. Seems like it would look out of place. Just as I can't imagine it with the Camry.

and i don't think it would work with the glass roof

Last edited by dunnojack; 04-26-07 at 02:00 PM.
Old 04-26-07, 02:20 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunnojack
i dunno. i can't imagine the sharkfin on the ES. Seems like it would look out of place. Just as I can't imagine it with the Camry.

and i don't think it would work with the glass roof

That's hysterical....but I'd like it on my car. LOL
Old 04-26-07, 09:59 PM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

some people just have too much time on their hands
Old 04-27-07, 04:10 AM
meadoel
Rookie

Originally Posted by MyF355Spid
Does anyone know anything about the Aquamarine Pearl or Amber Pearl? Our Houston dealer insists that these are not available anymore. Would this be a regional thing or what? Do any of your local dealers have any on the showroom floor. I was thinking maybe they could trade for one if that would work for her?
If a dealer tells you that they are lying, hoping you will buy something off the showroom floor. Both colors ARE available. However, both colors must be special ordered and generally require a 5k non-refundable deposit.

The same is true for the light green in the IS.
Old 04-29-07, 02:56 PM
OAKPLANK
Rookie

Here's a color question for you SGM guys.
I went to my dealer to purchase a touch up pain pen. I was given a paint pen with product number 1GO. The color name on one side of the carton says "Black Pearl" while the other side says "Granite Fume Mica". In Canada the package most show English and French. Is Black Pearl the same color as Smoky Granite Mica?
oakplank
Old 04-29-07, 03:43 PM
MShybrid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by OAKPLANK
Here's a color question for you SGM guys.
I went to my dealer to purchase a touch up pain pen. I was given a paint pen with product number 1GO. The color name on one side of the carton says "Black Pearl" while the other side says "Granite Fume Mica". In Canada the package most show English and French. Is Black Pearl the same color as Smoky Granite Mica?
oakplank
1GO is the color code for SGM also. Look at the data plate on the center pillar when you open the driver side door. If 1GO is listed, you should be good to go. I don't really understand renaming the colors as they did.
Old 04-30-07, 10:38 AM
ffxlexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
2008 is only the second model year for this generation, so as far as design is concerned, I doubt there will be any major changes. Perhaps a new color or wheel, but other than that, I don't see too much changing aesthetically. I doubt that the two colors you mentioned will be descontinued.

However, we all know that the ES350 has had it's share of electromechanical deficiencies. Hopefully, most (if not all) of these issues will be addressed in a manner that befits Lexus quality.

Rumormill: no. Family works in Toyota/Lexus HQ. If I hear of any changes, I'd know. I just can't publicize everything that I know...
I doubt they even going to have new colors or wheels, seeing how the ES350 only been in the market for one year... those addition will probably be implemented in the 2009 model
Old 04-30-07, 09:08 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Originally Posted by ffxlexus
I doubt they even going to have new colors or wheels, seeing how the ES350 only been in the market for one year... those addition will probably be implemented in the 2009 model
The second year (MY'07) 2IS came out with new colors such as Obsidian and Black Sapphire, and the X-Package was introduced with new 5-spoke wheels.

It can happen to the ES too...
Old 05-03-07, 12:25 PM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by amf1932
I was very surprised to hear that they stopped producing the Amber Pearl color. Where did you get this information?
If this is true, it kind of makes me happy since I now feel that I've got a custom color. LOL
No offense but you better want to be put in the ground with color amber pearl if you own this car and not leased it. There is only around 200 in the world and the color was so ugly that the President of Lexus stoped when he saw it. Well maybe you got a real good deal on it I know the there are 55 loaner cars in the northeast in that color so that means there is only 145 in the world.Now the blue color I don't know about it is some what around and there a lot more produced then the gold color.
Old 05-03-07, 01:22 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by purebliss
No offense but you better want to be put in the ground with color amber pearl if you own this car and not leased it. There is only around 200 in the world and the color was so ugly that the President of Lexus stoped when he saw it. Well maybe you got a real good deal on it I know the there are 55 loaner cars in the northeast in that color so that means there is only 145 in the world.Now the blue color I don't know about it is some what around and there a lot more produced then the gold color.
No offense but you need a good smack upside your head.

I paid cash money for this car...I never lease!

I, as well as others love this color, and have been getting compliments from people that I respect. You certainly don't fit that category.

FYI: The Amber Pearl color is going to be continued in the '08 ES, so take your nasty *** remarks and take them elsewhere......they're certainly not appreciated!!

Quick Reply: 2008 Models: New colors and release date?