ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

June "Consumer Reports" Glowing Review.

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-07, 02:03 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I also received my survey in the mail a month or so ago and I looked to confirm it include the ES350 (noted by year). I like Elvis, but I filled it out for my LS430.
LOL...I like Elvis too as you can tell, not sure if he will fill out this year's survey though or not
Old 05-02-07, 02:09 PM
Gumball
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I filled out the CR questionaire for my ES 350 and gave it 5 stars. Isn't it strange that somewhow CR is able to only ask happy owners. Hey, could we be the silent majority- as ignorant us grandpas might be?
Old 05-02-07, 02:12 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gumball
I filled out the CR questionaire for my ES 350 and gave it 5 stars. Isn't it strange that somewhow CR is able to only ask happy owners. Hey, could we be the silent majority- as ignorant us grandpas might be?
Not sure age is involved but am sure the survey is currently underway so the happy people's input is not tallied yet.
Old 05-02-07, 02:13 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Per the monthly sales reports in Car Chat, both the ES350 and G35 are selling very well for their respective manufacturers.

Jan-April '07: ES350 24,594 (+60%) and G35 19,814 (+63%)
April '07: ES350 6,544 (+54%) and G35 4,491 (+72%)

Obviously, both cars appeal to their target consumers.
Old 05-02-07, 03:07 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Dang this thread is going fast. Well there you are it’s confirmed I must have the worst luck on the planet because out of 100,000 Es’s I had two bad tranny experience. I‘m probably one of the 20 people that had this. Wait a minute there are no bad tranny’s there all normal. Well CR is correct after all.
Old 05-02-07, 03:17 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by osokuko
Dang this thread is going fast. Well there you are it’s confirmed I must have the worst luck on the planet because out of 100,000 Es’s I had two bad tranny experience. I‘m probably one of the 20 people that had this. Wait a minute there are no bad tranny’s there all normal. Well CR is correct after all.
It's just because you're young and were able to realize the fact the you had bad tranny's.
Old 05-02-07, 03:23 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by amf1932
Like I said before.........I received two emails from ConsumerReports.org, inquiring about the year and type of car(s) I now owned. They were interested in finding out the current auto manufacturers offerings. They were NOT interested in older models! If so, they asked if I would participate in a survey about this car. This survey was then sent to me through a link to their website. If I recall, I took this survey in October or November 2006.
So in reality it's not very strange at all.

IT HAS BEEN SURVEYED!!!!
What I found/find strange is the 350 was not even released until late April 06, AFTER CR had mailed out it's annual survey assigning reliablity etc., yet CR repeatedly included it in it's reliability claims as though data on it were included. You don't find that strange? The current survey, which will include the ES350, is going on now, not sure what survey you are talking about but at least you know which survey I am referring to.
Old 05-02-07, 04:23 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What we need to see is what the 07 ES350 is rated as in their annual USED car guide. This is where the owner surveys come into play. We will have to wait about another year for the data to be collected.

I, too, just received my annual car survey and mailed it off about two weeks ago.

Anyway, who cares what CR says. The bottom line is that there are a lot of unhappy owners out there. I have now driven 3 loaner ES350's and my own. They rattle, they have trannys that flare, and they have cold engine knock. Not all do, but many of them do. That is enough for me to realize this is an issue. I don't need someone from CR who drove the car for 1 hour to tell me any different.
Old 05-02-07, 04:36 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LexBob2
It's just because you're young and were able to realize the fact the you had bad tranny's.

Lol, thanks for the compliment I’m 57, read the post this time in a humorist way as my humor is dry sarcastic humor, it drives my wife nuts. Not meant to be serious or degrading in any way, but to make fun of the dumb issues that involve us all. Life is to short to be serious, you gota to be able to laugh……..and make a joke of it all.

Probably it would be better to write my post in more serious matter. There are so many people out there that read CR as truth and based on that are ready to buy the car, I did the same for years. In this case readers don’t know that Lexus calls the trans flare a "normal characteristic". So I can see in a way how CR is correct and can say the transmissions is reliable, after all it hasn’t seized up yet. But It’s amazing to me how people are fooled into thinking they will have no problems and are surprised later when they find out there has been normal problems for sometime. I know I would say why didn’t someone tell me this before I spent the money. But yet you can’t blame CR and I guess Lexus has the right to call it what ever they want. That’s where I find the humor in all this, you get duped but no one lied.

Last edited by osokuko; 05-02-07 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-02-07, 10:25 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
What I found/find strange is the 350 was not even released until late April 06, AFTER CR had mailed out it's annual survey assigning reliablity etc., yet CR repeatedly included it in it's reliability claims as though data on it were included. You don't find that strange? The current survey, which will include the ES350, is going on now, not sure what survey you are talking about but at least you know which survey I am referring to.
It seems that you really didn't read my post!

I tried to explain in plain English that the survey I took was NOT the massive survey that CR does every year, but an interim survey that CR does on occasion. Why do you find this so strange?
I don't know why I was sent this email to participate, but I did!!
I'm starting to think that all you want to do is to be argumentative, and nothing more.
Also, like I said before, I think your main reason is to bash the ****** out of the ES's. At this point, I give up!!! Happy motoring with your Accord.

Last edited by amf1932; 05-02-07 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-03-07, 05:03 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

[QUOTE=amf1932;2595004 Happy motoring with your Accord.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the above wishes on my Accord. Speaking of CR, did you happen to notice CR rated it America's number 1 family sedan? It is a welcome change to actually be able to enjoy a new car experience without being surprised with defects appearing less than a full day into new car ownership.
Old 05-03-07, 06:07 AM
static
Driver

Thanks for the above wishes on my Accord. Speaking of CR, did you happen to notice CR rated it America's number 1 family sedan? It is a welcome change to actually be able to enjoy a new car experience without being surprised with defects appearing less than a full day into new car ownership.
wow, i bought an accord based primarily on cr reviews. it rattled, had bad wind noise, engine noise and a transmission that couldn't make up it's mind and got an extended warranty on it via class action.

i'll never own another one.

my es is far and away a better car, in my experience.
Old 05-03-07, 06:24 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by static
wow, i bought an accord based primarily on cr reviews. it rattled, had bad wind noise, engine noise and a transmission that couldn't make up it's mind and got an extended warranty on it via class action.

i'll never own another one.

my es is far and away a better car, in my experience.
Your experiences against what CR reports/reported and mine are the reason why I will never rely on CR.
Old 05-03-07, 06:48 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your experiences against what CR reports/reported and mine are the reason why I will never rely on CR.
Yup, just like I figured.......You always have to get in the last word. Give it a rest!!!
Old 05-03-07, 07:03 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

If you don't rely on them, will you refer to them when considering a pruchase?

Quick Reply: June "Consumer Reports" Glowing Review.