ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Sirius Kit now available?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-07, 12:38 PM
kgreezy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sirius Kit now available?

One of my friends work at Lawrencville Lexus in beautiful NJ. She said there is now a offical release for a Sirius Kit for the es350 that they released on 4/20. Does anyone have any info on it, had it installed, know how much its going to cost?

Thanks,
kgreezy
Old 05-09-07, 11:47 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not aware of a new Sirius kit. They used to have one a year ago, but due to the reception problems with that internal diamond-shapped antenna and limitation of 10-char on a screen, it was "discontinued". I heard they are coming out with a new smaller antenna, so maybe thats what your friend refering to? I'm not aware of any new kits. Your best bet would be to get VaisTech SLS module, intergrates perfectly with factory audio controls. Just keep in mind, since you are a fellow Jersey driver , you will get the best reception with antenna placed outside, on the roof.
Old 05-09-07, 03:41 PM
kgreezy
Driver School Candidate

to what i was told, this is the new kit, im just shocked it's not bigger news. My friend called me up all excited, because i been harassing her about it forever.

Where did you get your VaisTech module installed at in jersey?

~Kgreeze
Old 05-10-07, 08:46 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Personally, I didn't want anybody touch my car since I like doing these kind of "intrusive" mods myself But, my dealership (Ray Catena) offered it to me through their sub-contracting shop where the stuff gets installed under Lexus warranty and I even get a loaner from them for a day (I had both remote start and SLS installed at once). The place was down in Oakhurst, NJ, down by the shore (next to Eatontown), far too South from you. Honestly, I would just get the module directly from VaisTech (about $200) and get it either installed yourself or in any of the local car audio places. Ask your dealership, they often can recommend a place for that. Of course, if they do have a new kit, and it doesn't have 10-char limitation and comes with a new improved antenna, than go for it.

If you get more details about this kit (like part number), please post it here. I will talk to my dealership as well.
Old 05-10-07, 10:48 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Just called me dealership, they did get a brand new Sirius kits for ES350 and IS250/350 ONLY. The audio in both is the same, just a difference in wireharness. I'm curious to find out how/where they are going to mount the antenna. In ES350, the choice is a magnetic puck either inside or outside, but with IS having a sharkfin (XM) antenna, I would be curious to find out where it will go.

BTW, they didn't have any info if those have 10-char limitation and what is up with antenna, the part is too brand new and nobody installed it yet.

.... got more info. For both IS/ES they will be using an internal antenna which is mounted inside of the car on the windshield. I haven't heard from anybody in Jersey who was able to get a good reception with antenna in that place, only outside on the roof or the top of the rear fender. This has a lot to do with geographic location. If you are closer to NYC or they got grounded terrestrial repeaters/antennas, than you will be OK. Otherwise, go with VaisTech. Right now that SoundLinQ SLS module goes for $299, but they have a group buy from time to time, and last fall it was sold for $229. Than, you will also going to need Sirius Receiver module, which is another upto $50. If you find a place where they can install it for you for about $200, go for it. Otherwise, its too much.

Last edited by twister; 05-10-07 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-10-07, 04:39 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's sad that we need to go through hoops to get satellite radio when the US car makers integrate it. Our Jeep (Sirius - first year free) and Impala SS (XM - three months free) have it all built in - just sign up after the free trial period and go. Isigned up for the navigation part of Onstar - just call Onstar with destination address and they send the signal to the radio. Directs wit voice and radio symbols. Far easier to use versus Lexus navigation and no lawyer screen to deal with.
Old 08-08-07, 06:56 AM
stanturk
10th Gear

Default This seems to be true

Today my dealer told me that they offer installation of both XM and Sirius kits, without sending it to a third party shop, and without removing the dash. About $500 for the unit and four hours labor. (Total about $800) Does anyone know of a Sirius kit which would be user installable?
Old 08-12-07, 10:09 AM
RED 5
Driver School Candidate

this is the kit that I am picking up tomorrow.

http://www.tss-radio.com/lexus-siriu...ry-p-4474.html

The people at Sirius directed me to tjhis site, my Lexus dealer was pretty useless.
I know a couple dealers in NY that will install the Sirius for you but the 2 I have been to in IL will not.