ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Results from latest TSB transmission flash

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-07, 05:01 PM
noncom23
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrshyvley
You have to decide for yourself in the end.
What I've been telling people who like my 2007 Camry SE V6?
"If you're thinking of buying a 2007 Toyota Camry V6, or a Lexus ES350 you ought to wait a little longer until it's clear that Toyota has the issues with the 6 speed automatic transaxle fixed conclusively".

Thank You.
Old 05-28-07, 05:03 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have to decide for yourself in the end.
What I've been telling people who like my 2007 Camry SE V6?
"If you're thinking of buying a 2007 Toyota Camry V6, or a Lexus ES350 you ought to wait a little longer until it's clear that Toyota has the issues with the 6 speed automatic transaxle fixed conclusively".
I agree, it is a lot of money to invest in a car that has a widespread issue with no fix at this time.
Old 05-29-07, 11:48 AM
mrshyvley
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I just got back from having the TSB TC007-07 re-flash of the TCU in my 2007 Camry SE V6.
My car is an 08/06 Kentucky build.

This is the first remedial step I've done with this transaxle, and I'm still on my original transaxle that came new with the car.

I STRESS THAT this report IS VERY, VERY PRELIMINARY BECAUSE I HAVEN'T YET HAD A CHANCE TO DO A TEST UNDER COMPLETE COLD SOAK CONDITIONS.
(I WILL DO THAT TONIGHT AND REPORT)

I did the approximately 15 minute drive from my Toyota dealer, and I didn't notice any slips (flares) at all.

The once after each engine start 3rd-4th shift slip (flare) I used to get, didn't happen this time.

I'LL REPORT BACK WITH MORE after I've taken the car out tonight after allowing it to cool off completely.
Old 05-29-07, 05:54 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

I hope it is fixed. Will be watching to see how it goes.
Old 05-29-07, 08:14 PM
mrshyvley
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

I just got back from having the TSB TC007-07 re-flash of the TCU in my 2007 Camry SE V6.
My car is an 08/06 Kentucky build.

This is the first remedial step I've done with this transaxle, and I'm still on my original transaxle that came new with the car.

I STRESS THAT this report IS VERY, VERY PRELIMINARY BECAUSE I HAVEN'T YET HAD A CHANCE TO DO A TEST UNDER COMPLETE COLD SOAK CONDITIONS.
(I WILL DO THAT TONIGHT AND REPORT)

I did the approximately 15 minute drive from my Toyota dealer, and I didn't notice any slips (flares) at all.

The once after each engine start 3rd-4th shift slip (flare) I used to get, didn't happen this time.

I'LL REPORT BACK WITH MORE after I've taken the car out tonight after allowing it to cool off completely.
Just to add, that I just got back from doing the first cold start test of the TSB TC007-07 re-flash.
It didn't slip (flare) at all that I noticed.
So far so good.
Old 05-30-07, 05:49 PM
robob2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by meadoel
I had mine flashed this week as well. My SM told me it was specific to the ES350.

So far I've had no major 3-4 Cold Start flares. That's the good news. Howevever, I'm with Lexusguy in that it created other problems.

I haven't figured out the trend yet, but I get small 200-400 rpm flares when shifting 2-3 or 3-4 at various times. (Cold start, after 15 mins of driving). I've primarily done Highway miles since the flash so it's hard to tell. In the next few days I'll do more city driving and see if I can spot a trend. Because it's so errratic it will be hard to record it without driving with a camera all day long.
I'm a Camry owner with a new transmission and re-flash and I'm with you and Lexusguy. My car now has frequent flares from 2-3 especially under light acceleration. Today under moderate acceleration, it stayed in 4 for what seemed much to long, then shifted to 5 for an instant, then back to 4 again causing the car to lurch. Looks like I'll need that video camera as well.
Old 05-30-07, 08:32 PM
mrshyvley
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by robob2
I'm a Camry owner with a new transmission and re-flash and I'm with you and Lexusguy. My car now has frequent flares from 2-3 especially under light acceleration. Today under moderate acceleration, it stayed in 4 for what seemed much to long, then shifted to 5 for an instant, then back to 4 again causing the car to lurch. Looks like I'll need that video camera as well.
Sorry to hear that.
Had my reflashed 2007 Camry V6 out today, and made 3 stops at various places running errands, so far no more flares.
Haven't done any highway driving yet though.
That said, I still don't have a strong feeling that I'm out of the woods yet. (just a slight feeling of cautious optimism that at least SOMETHING is being done)
Especially after hearing of your's and other's experiences with the reflash.
Old 05-30-07, 09:31 PM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 07LexusGuy
Just got my car back from the dealership this afternoon after the transmission received the flash reprogramming for the flare problem. My results are:

IT DIDN'T FIX ANYTHING!!

In fact, instead of cold flaring, it flared on the way home after 20 minutes of driving. I'll wait to see if it'll flare on cold start tomorrow morning. So far, I'm not impressed with what I see.
please indicate the TSIB. unless i see a LEXUS TSIB officially out, i am doubting that you had the reflash done? i am not accusing that you are lying, i just need some proof. a copy of the TSIB would be nice. thanks.
Old 05-31-07, 06:02 AM
07LexusGuy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by reyrey127
please indicate the TSIB. unless i see a LEXUS TSIB officially out, i am doubting that you had the reflash done? i am not accusing that you are lying, i just need some proof. a copy of the TSIB would be nice. thanks.
Haha, you sound like you've been tricked by everyone who's claimed they had a TSB fix on their Lexus. I dont have a copy to the actual TSB but here's a portion of the comment on my service paperwork:

"customer states that there is an RPM flair at times ... test with guest to verify transmission shift concern. Found TSIB TC005-07 regarding shift flare. Performed TCM calibration. New Calibration ID No. 895363304200. Allowed vehicle to sit overnight before verifying repair. Road tested vehicle after cold soak..."

If you dont believe that and really REALLY want to see it, I can scan my service paperwork and show you. Maybe meadoel can show you what was done to his vehicle as well since it looks like he went through the same thing.

Last edited by 07LexusGuy; 05-31-07 at 06:10 AM.
Old 05-31-07, 06:17 AM
robob2
Driver School Candidate

Haha, you sound like you've been tricked by everyone who's claimed they had a TSB fix on their Lexus. I dont have a copy to the actual TSB but here's a portion of the comment on my service paperwork:

"customer states that there is an RPM flair at times ... test with guest to verify transmission shift concern. Found TSIB TC005-07 regarding shift flare. Performed TCM calibration. New Calibration ID No. 895363304200. Allowed vehicle to sit overnight before verifying repair. Road tested vehicle after cold soak..."

If you dont believe that and really REALLY want to see it, I can scan my service paperwork and show you. Maybe meadoel can show you what was done to his vehicle as well since it looks like he went through the same thing.
Any further problems with your updated tranny?
Old 05-31-07, 06:39 AM
07LexusGuy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by robob2
Any further problems with your updated tranny?
No cold start flare anymore, so that's a good thing. But I still get those small flares during driving when the engine is warm. They dont feel like the big shock you'd get from the cold flare but they're still noticeable. I haven't been driving the ES much the last couple days but I'll continue to keep an eye on it.
Old 05-31-07, 06:45 AM
ffxlexus
Driver School Candidate

i don't know if this was mentioned before... but after the reflash does the car feel or drive differently?
Old 05-31-07, 07:33 AM
mrshyvley
Driver School Candidate

No cold start flare anymore, so that's a good thing. But I still get those small flares during driving when the engine is warm. They dont feel like the big shock you'd get from the cold flare but they're still noticeable. I haven't been driving the ES much the last couple days but I'll continue to keep an eye on it.
07LexusGuy,
Just curious, when/where was your car produced?
Old 05-31-07, 07:43 AM
robob2
Driver School Candidate

Would you classify it as aceptable?
Old 05-31-07, 08:11 AM
reyrey127
Pit Crew

no there is no need to show me proof... hahah.. i believe you. it is just that i see no TSIB for it and people are indicating it for the es350. thanks though.

man i wish this TSB had solved the issue... well at least they acknowledge the problem. damn them!!! thanks for your updates.

Quick Reply: Results from latest TSB transmission flash