ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Bluetooth with call waiting

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-07, 05:26 AM
Chad07
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth with call waiting

I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same problem with the bluetooth? I should also mention it is with the navigation system.
Whenever I get another call, while I am on one, the system will allow me to pick it up. However, when I do it works fine until the other party hangs up. Once the other caller hangs up, it kicks me off both calls.
Has anyone experienced the same problem and if so, a fix?
Old 05-27-07, 08:49 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chad07
I was wondering if anyone else has been having the same problem with the bluetooth? I should also mention it is with the navigation system.
Whenever I get another call, while I am on one, the system will allow me to pick it up. However, when I do it works fine until the other party hangs up. Once the other caller hangs up, it kicks me off both calls.
My phone's keypad works while on bluetooth. If I click over to the other call using the phone's keypad, and then back to the original call, there is no problem.

Also, I do dial numbers using my phone's keypad while driving, since you can't use the touchscreen while you are moving.
Old 05-27-07, 08:35 PM
Chad07
Driver School Candidate

If you are able to click over and use the call waiting feature using your phone's keypad I must have a setting wrong. Everytime I do it works fine, but when either party hangs up (even though I am continuing one call), it kicks me off the bluetooth without hanging up the call. I guess I need to look at my settings.
Old 05-28-07, 08:31 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are able to click over and use the call waiting feature using your phone's keypad I must have a setting wrong. Everytime I do it works fine, but when either party hangs up (even though I am continuing one call), it kicks me off the bluetooth without hanging up the call. I guess I need to look at my settings.
Or, your phone is dropping your 2nd call automatically once the party hangs up. Then, by you clicking over, you may be hanging up on your 1st call. Next time, don't do anything. Let the 2nd call hang up. That should disconnect the 2nd call and keep the first. It is different than my set up, but worth a try.
Old 05-28-07, 09:52 AM
Ingram4868
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same issue. The only thing I"ve heard is to delete the call waiting from the cellphone itself but that is really a useful feature.
Old 05-29-07, 08:04 PM
Chad07
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ingram4868
I have the same issue. The only thing I"ve heard is to delete the call waiting from the cellphone itself but that is really a useful feature.
Do you also use the Razor phone with t-mobile? I am wondering if it is a Razor issue. I have heard others with the same problem and they were using the razor phone.