ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Is this a decent price to pay??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-07 | 04:37 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I can't remember the exact amount, but our ES stickered at something like $45,300 (U/L w/ XM, roof, yada yada). We started negotiating at the carsdirect.com price of $39,800 and ended up at $39,300. There are definitely deals to be had, obviously based on inventory and where the dealer sits on the volume/margins see-saw.

I was a bit skeptical about some of the negative feedback on this car, but thus far we've been extremely happy. My wife has a long commute and she's already got 7,800 miles on it. The only problem we had was induced by a gravel truck...windshields with the rain sensor ain't cheap.
Old 06-07-07 | 08:54 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VroomVroom
I can't remember the exact amount, but our ES stickered at something like $45,300 (U/L w/ XM, roof, yada yada). We started negotiating at the carsdirect.com price of $39,800 and ended up at $39,300. There are definitely deals to be had, obviously based on inventory and where the dealer sits on the volume/margins see-saw.

I was a bit skeptical about some of the negative feedback on this car, but thus far we've been extremely happy. My wife has a long commute and she's already got 7,800 miles on it. The only problem we had was induced by a gravel truck...windshields with the rain sensor ain't cheap.
Thanks Vroom. I think I'm getting a good deal. I called another dealership to make sure I was getting a good deal and she told me they couldn't match the price my dealer gave me. The color combo I want is not in stock. I should find out tomorrow when its coming in. What color did you get if you don't mind me asking?

I think I scared my husband by telling him about all the negative feedback but we have a benz and we deal with their crap. I'm a little nervous about buying the car but I'm in love with it. I hope I get a good one. *fingers crossed*
Old 06-08-07 | 08:32 AM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Fingers are crossed for you as well. One of the reasons we didn't even consider an E-class was the amount of negative feedback on the current generation. Well, that and the stunning lack of rear seat leg room.

I need to get better pics of the ES, but it's tungsten/light gray.

I really liked this car from the moment I saw it on the showroom floor. I rarely drive it, but my wife absolutely loves it.
Old 06-08-07 | 12:21 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

Fingers are crossed for you as well. One of the reasons we didn't even consider an E-class was the amount of negative feedback on the current generation. Well, that and the stunning lack of rear seat leg room.

I really liked this car from the moment I saw it on the showroom floor. I rarely drive it, but my wife absolutely loves it.
Your car or should I say your wifes car is beautiful. I love the color!

Just spoke to my SP and he said its expected to come in at the end of June or the first few days of July. Ugh...
Old 06-08-07 | 12:42 PM
TWQ83
Rookie

Originally Posted by L_Rod

Just spoke to my SP and he said its expected to come in at the end of June or the first few days of July. Ugh...
L_Rod,

Let me put your and your husband's mind to rest. The Tranny Problem has been delt with by Lexus and I'm sure that with a delivery time in Late June your VIN# is not amoung those affected by the tranny problem. Also, as a sales persons for Lexus in the EAST I think you are getting a wonderful deal on the ES w/UL ....... you're biggest problem is going to be find it in the White/Black combo......... Make sure you dog your SP and make them understand that nothing short of White/Black w the UL is acceptable!!!!!! EVEN if they have to make it a MY08!!!!!! That's the only problem I see with this deal is the wait your going to have to endure in getting your specific colors......

Keep us up on what is hapening and have fun with this.
Old 06-08-07 | 12:57 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TWQ83
L_Rod,

Let me put your and your husband's mind to rest. The Tranny Problem has been delt with by Lexus and I'm sure that with a delivery time in Late June your VIN# is not amoung those affected by the tranny problem. Also, as a sales persons for Lexus in the EAST I think you are getting a wonderful deal on the ES w/UL ....... you're biggest problem is going to be find it in the White/Black combo......... Make sure you dog your SP and make them understand that nothing short of White/Black w the UL is acceptable!!!!!! EVEN if they have to make it a MY08!!!!!! That's the only problem I see with this deal is the wait your going to have to endure in getting your specific colors......

Keep us up on what is hapening and have fun with this.

I called another dealer yesterday and they couldnt match the price so I feel like I'm getting a good deal. I just wanted to make sure because two other people said they were quoted at 39,300. I feel better knowing that I'm getting a good deal b/c I know we didn't with the last 2 MB's we purchased.
I was wondering if you thought it would be better to wait for a 2008. Would that be the smarter thing to do?? Since you are a SP do you know when they will be released?

My SP said the car is mine and its being shipped to them and its expected arrival should be by the end of the month.
Old 06-08-07 | 02:32 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 140 Likes on 114 Posts

Vroom, very nice, especially with the UL wheels. What kind of wax did you use, or is the car naturally shiny?

L Rod, I think the odds are very good that you'll get a good car. Ours is a 4/06 build which we've had for 13+ months with zero problems/issues. Only been back to the dealer for oil changes and washes. I'd buy another in a heartbeat. Good luck.
Old 06-08-07 | 03:00 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Thanks LexBob2! In that pic it had a few days of dust on it, but I used Four Star UPP on it. It's my go-to for light finishes w/ metallic or pearl content. The car really looks fantastic when it's clean. I too love the wheels...and the roof...and the ML system...and the dash...heck, everything about the car. This is the first car my wife has bought that I've really liked.

L Rod, I agree - you're going to get a fantastic car. I hope your buying experience is as pleasant as ours (that's what really convinced me to buy my RX, by the way) and that you love it as much as my wife loves hers.
Old 06-08-07 | 07:34 PM
larrynimmo
Driver School Candidate

my situation is very different. i only put 4 to 5,000 miles a year on my car. I have to look at where I am in 4 years. I will be wanting to sell (outright) my four year old car with 16k miles. Am I better to sell a car with 4 years of model year or 5 years. Look in the NADA books. I hope to buy an early 08 for maybe $500 over invoice or at invoice. Time will tell...I wish the 08's were out now.
Old 06-08-07 | 08:14 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by larrynimmo
my situation is very different. i only put 4 to 5,000 miles a year on my car. I have to look at where I am in 4 years. I will be wanting to sell (outright) my four year old car with 16k miles. Am I better to sell a car with 4 years of model year or 5 years. Look in the NADA books. I hope to buy an early 08 for maybe $500 over invoice or at invoice. Time will tell...I wish the 08's were out now.
Do you know when the 08's will be released?
Old 06-09-07 | 03:48 AM
larrynimmo
Driver School Candidate

Do you know when the 08's will be released?
no one will talk about it....late august, early sept is my guess based on second year change over. I expect some improvements especially in navagation...maybe one or two more color options.
Old 06-09-07 | 12:57 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, that's my car!!! (Just kidding). Mine is the same, but with black interior. I do love the way the glass roof contrasts the light silver color. AND, it does not show the dirt.

It was on the showroom floor when I walked in back in August of 06 and bought it within 15 minutes. It is a beautiful looking car, and the back seat room is great for my kids.

I do notice your spoiler, an added touch!!

Beautiful!!
Old 06-09-07 | 04:54 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Thanks. We basically did the same thing - actually, I had a gut feeling that we'd drive off in the car. It took a few hours and a trip to an Acura dealer in between, but it did happen that night. I wish I could say it was 15 minutes...it'd be nice to have those hours back.

It came with the spoiler & XM. (Don't get me started on the XM antenna location - I drive my wife crazy with my griping about it...hopefully Toy/Lex will learn how to make this elegant like the rest of the manufacturers out there.) In any case, I think the finish, along with the roof, wheels, & spoiler make for a really sweet exterior look. We added the 3M exterior film and 35% tint. Man, I need to get some fresh pics taken of the car.
Old 06-09-07 | 04:57 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MD350
Hey, that's my car!!! (Just kidding). Mine is the same, but with black interior. I do love the way the glass roof contrasts the light silver color. AND, it does not show the dirt.

It was on the showroom floor when I walked in back in August of 06 and bought it within 15 minutes. It is a beautiful looking car, and the back seat room is great for my kids.

I do notice your spoiler, an added touch!!

Beautiful!!

I love the contrast of the glass roof too. I agree about the back seat room I have kids too and I don't really like any of the suv's out and I don't want a truck so this car is perfect!
Old 06-11-07 | 12:32 PM
lowrider
Driver School Candidate

I just bought my UL, Ruby Red with everything on it except the Cruise Control Sensor and XM radio. The additional add on was with the E-Sport wheels which brought my sticker price to about 46K. I was able to negotiate it down to 40K before taxes. This WAS the showroom model, in other words, something they had in stock. This maybe why I was able to negotiate 12% off of MSRP.

If you keep searching through this forum, you'll notice that 12% is about the average price that you should be looking to negotiate down to.

Good luck on your decision if you haven't made it already!!!

FYI, and knocking on a tree stump, I have not had any negative issues with my
ES.

Quick Reply: Is this a decent price to pay??