ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Is this a decent price to pay??

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-07, 07:30 AM
TWQ83
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by larrynimmo
no one will talk about it....late august, early sept is my guess based on second year change over. I expect some improvements especially in navagation...maybe one or two more color options.

Bingo ........... MY08 will hit the dealerships Last week of August to first 12 days in September!!! ( knock on wood , and no delays!!!)

They WILL be sold at MSRP until the "December to Remember" Sale......... I mean you can get a couple of Hundred Off Anything, But close to invoice here on the East Coast ......... Not Happening.

Also you can start Custom Ordering your at the end of the month if you want a Specific Package or such.............

Old 06-15-07, 03:26 PM
larrynimmo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TWQ83
Bingo ........... MY08 will hit the dealerships Last week of August to first 12 days in September!!! ( knock on wood , and no delays!!!)

They WILL be sold at MSRP until the "December to Remember" Sale......... I mean you can get a couple of Hundred Off Anything, But close to invoice here on the East Coast ......... Not Happening.

Also you can start Custom Ordering your at the end of the month if you want a Specific Package or such.............

who are you kidding....this is a second year vehicle. I fully expect 95% of 07 to be completely gone before the 08 debut. The 08's will be high in demand tight in supply for a month or two at the most and you will be able to buy these cars near invoice. A lot depends upon limiting the supply...if Lexus keeps the supply tight, premium pricing will prevail. If the supply is strong, then pricing will fall in line. Just my guess they are looking for the ES to take the place of the Avalon as the mass produced near luxury leader for Toyota...but what do I know!

larry
Old 06-15-07, 03:59 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would agree with Larry - I was amazed to learn how aggressive dealers are with pricing on both the ES and the RX. I can't imagine that changing for '08. Obviously it depends on the dealer - some aim for margins over volume - but I'd be very hesitant to subscribe to 'new model year' hype.
Old 06-15-07, 04:38 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by VroomVroom
I would agree with Larry - I was amazed to learn how aggressive dealers are with pricing on both the ES and the RX. I can't imagine that changing for '08. Obviously it depends on the dealer - some aim for margins over volume - but I'd be very hesitant to subscribe to 'new model year' hype.
Good point. Since the current gen ES just came out as an '07 model, changes for '08 will be so minimal, there won't be much if any new model year hype.
Old 06-15-07, 04:56 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

Update: My car should arrive between June 25th - July 2nd. I can't wait!
Old 06-15-07, 06:02 PM
larrynimmo
Driver School Candidate

l rod its good hearing from you...please keep me posted on your new car. my heart wants to get an 07 now, but my wallet knows i will be better served getting an 08 in September. I will enjoy seeing your new car as much as getting my own...as I read this thread I am trying to decide which color to get...granite, moonshell, tungstun, or white (I know what you're going to tell me...go white and don't look back) time will tell.
Old 06-15-07, 07:21 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by larrynimmo
l rod its good hearing from you...please keep me posted on your new car. my heart wants to get an 07 now, but my wallet knows i will be better served getting an 08 in September. I will enjoy seeing your new car as much as getting my own...as I read this thread I am trying to decide which color to get...granite, moonshell, tungstun, or white (I know what you're going to tell me...go white and don't look back) time will tell.
This rule applies to cars only. Hubby & I say If it ain't White it ain't Right but thats our opinion. We love white cars. I have a white GS 300. In the past we bought a white MB CLS 500 then bought a white MB S550. My husband had his rims painted white. Next is a Chevy Camero - Hopefully that comes in white too Catch my drift...

I would never tell someone which color to chose. Everyone has the own taste and the car looks beautiful in all colors. (esp. white)

1st..White 2nd..tungsten 3rd..granite 4th..moonshell <-- Saw it yesterday for the first time and I'm not sure about it. JMO if you wanted it
Old 06-15-07, 10:26 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was this close to going with white on my RX. I really like it. The white on the ES is stunning. I have to say, though...I'm awfully partial to the silver...errr...sorry, forgot my marketing speak...tungsten.
Old 06-16-07, 03:41 PM
pumpkin
Driver School Candidate

are any of y'all in the Dallas area? I am looking for a black on black, with the leather upgrade, and perhaps the ML nav unit? Would 12% off MSRP still be about right?

Also, any of you have any comparisons for the lexus nav versus the ML nav?

thanks
pumpkin
Old 06-27-07, 07:57 PM
L_Rod
Driver School Candidate

My car came in...Wooohoooo

I have to pick it up.

I can't wait!!
Old 06-28-07, 02:46 AM
larrynimmo
Driver School Candidate

well...l rod....i followed half of your advise....i went with white...but i bought the 07RL instead and am very happy...please let me know about your UL...I bought the RL without NAV which made it a little less than the ES UL 07. For me I had to have a great stereo, nice riding car, unbelievable handling characteristics, exceptional paint job, tons of technology. While I will miss the cool panaramic roof, best looking wheels, and nav...for me though the RL is a better overall car. 99% of the time I go anywhere I go to the same spots (so nav wasn't that important) I bought a TOMTOM one XL to use for those unique occassions. Fuel mileage would be an issue if I drove a lot...my 03 Acura TL was sold with 17k miles on it (almost never leaving the garage) it looked brand new the day I sold it. (I never wax a car...I get rid of it first!)