ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

ES 350 on 22 inch Dubs

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-07, 07:18 AM
kingnoo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am the one that said it only looks good when it's rocking.The thing is just looking at it on a still picture doesn't do it any justice.
Old 06-21-07, 05:13 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! they are huge!!!
Old 06-21-07, 06:21 PM
rlj4246
Pole Position

It is definitely different. That's what you wanted and that's what you got.
Old 06-22-07, 11:48 AM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Binihana
You're looking at 22 inch DUB FLOATERS... 1500 dollars EACH RIM WITHOUT THE RUBBER!
Okay, please don't take this personally but...if one can afford to shell out $1500 per wheel (plus another $300 or so per tire)...with that much discretionary income at their disposal, why would one settle for just an ES?

Personally, I say 22's are way too big for a mid-size sedan like the ES--20's are as large as I would possibly even consider...19's would be the ideal max size if looking to upsize to larger wheels on the ES, IMHO.

But hey, as long as you're happy w/ them--and it's pretty obvious that you are--that's all that really matters in the end.

BTW--are those DUBs forged or cast wheels? For me, if I could afford to shell out that much money for a set of wheels, I'd look for wheel build/quality as well as for looks. Don't get me wrong--I like to make my car look as good as the next one, but at the same time I don't want it to fall into the "all show and no go" category either.

Last edited by toneman; 06-22-07 at 11:55 AM.
Old 06-22-07, 03:05 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Binihana
1 more time i gotta thank you all for the love and hate!
I have to applaud you for having "tough skin" and not being overly sensitive with such a different setup, at least here on ClubLexus. I always wonder why people do something TOTALLY to the left and then get all touchy when someone has a negative comment about it. Kinda like wearing shoes with goldfish in the heel and getting angry when people point and laugh! lol

As I said before, your car, your money, your enjoyment. Thats what it all boils down to.

Have a great day.
Old 06-22-07, 03:18 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

I think it's ugly. 350 owners keep to to 20" maximum please for the sake of not being ghetto black.

I ditto D2. Good attitude. Hey man it's your car... Lift it and put some 35" BFG all-terrains on it for all the hell I care.
Old 06-22-07, 04:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Since 50% of ES buyers are over age 56, and 40% are ages 36-55, you're going to find the big majority of ES owners probably aren't inclined to put 22's on their cars.
Old 06-22-07, 04:23 PM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Tony, you're going to have to stop beating around the bush and just come out with what's on your mind. As always, great points said well.

Bob, that demographic just makes me feel old. To help me feel better about things I think I'll go home and suggest a set of 24's to my wife.
Old 06-22-07, 04:42 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by VroomVroom
Tony, you're going to have to stop beating around the bush and just come out with what's on your mind. As always, great points said well.

Bob, that demographic just makes me feel old. To help me feel better about things I think I'll go home and suggest a set of 24's to my wife.
Put 'em on both your ES and RX and you'll feel REAL good about things then.

Last edited by LexBob2; 06-22-07 at 04:45 PM.
Old 06-22-07, 04:43 PM
kingnoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pheonix
I think it's ugly. 350 owners keep to to 20" maximum please for the sake of not being ghetto black.
Exactly what is Ghetto Black?I am black and I like big wheels on vehicles.Don't hate on the culture if you don't understand it.I am from the south and that is how we ride.
Old 06-22-07, 04:59 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I have to applaud you for having "tough skin" and not being overly sensitive with such a different setup, at least here on ClubLexus. I always wonder why people do something TOTALLY to the left and then get all touchy when someone has a negative comment about it. Kinda like wearing shoes with goldfish in the heel and getting angry when people point and laugh! lol

As I said before, your car, your money, your enjoyment. Thats what it all boils down to.

Have a great day.
I agree here. The guy is happy with his decision (looks at my 18s in the garage and cries)

Old 06-22-07, 06:01 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Originally Posted by kingnoo
Exactly what is Ghetto Black?I am black and I like big wheels on vehicles.Don't hate on the culture if you don't understand it.I am from the south and that is how we ride.

I've seen one black person own a modified car in town that didn't try to roll an early 1980's le saber, le baron, impala, or capris on gaudy *** 20"+ rims jacked 3 feet in the air because the poor sons of *****es can't afford a mother ****ing suspension drop. Then you get the few that get into weighting their cars down with cinderblocks / sacks of concrete, or cutting their god damned spring coils out.......

Name:  0504071836.jpg
Views: 1555
Size:  149.3 KB
Name:  nig20s.jpg
Views: 2460
Size:  34.1 KB

Both cellphone pictures taken on the SAME DAY. One day... Ten minutes of each other!?

hey ***** this is how we roll in the south... I know the south. I live here too. Just in a state that is cleaner with better terrain, and road quality.

You brought it up. Tell me about the "black culture" you are reffering too.... It goes way beyond just women liking shoes. It has some ungodly fasination with anything that touches the ground. Shoes, wheels and frankly... The vast majority of the people partaking in them have no since of style beyond oh my god, that is so god damned flashy-*** gaudy it must look good!!!!!!!!!
Hey, I'm sexy! I'm so fiiiine!

Ya... No...

Let's not get started on the great contributions to jewelry, and mouth accessories.

The last college orientation class I was forced into taking. It had a white girl on pamplets for alcohol abuse, a white guy on ruffies.

I wasn't going anywhere with that. I just thought it was really funny, and while the ruffies thing is tottally true, the other two are just coincidental.

I don't hate the culture, or much of anything for that matter... Hell white people like shiney things too. Why do you think they use metalflake finishes on expencive cars, and bass boats??????????? There's a differance in somethiny shiney, and something that is just textbook gaudy.

Look man you can like, or dislike whatever you want. This isn't the group hug section of the internet. If you want some gaudy *** wheels on your vehicles I'm not stopping you. But don't get all bent out of shape when 80% of the people you pass look at you funny, point and laff.
Old 06-22-07, 06:07 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

And look man if you take something and think it's some personal attack against you. Don't be all whiney about it. Go to someone's profile and hit ignore.

I still give mad props to the guy simply because he's smart enough to know that not everybody is going to be for ginormous rims, and he doesn't get all pissy if someone else doesn't like it. Me and him, we'll get along well because while I'm not looking to be an ***. I am simply the msot honest, bluntest person on this particular forum.

btw I have said it before, I will reiderate. '07+ is the first Camry platform generation that can pull off 20" wheels and not look horrible in the process. 20's & under are fine in my book. The 22's, regardless of drop are just pushing too far for me.
Old 06-22-07, 08:21 PM
kingnoo
Rookie

Originally Posted by Pheonix
I've seen one black person own a modified car in town that didn't try to roll an early 1980's le saber, le baron, impala, or capris on gaudy *** 20"+ rims jacked 3 feet in the air because the poor sons of *****es can't afford a mother ****ing suspension drop. Then you get the few that get into weighting their cars down with cinderblocks / sacks of concrete, or cutting their god damned spring coils out.......

Both cellphone pictures taken on the SAME DAY. One day... Ten minutes of each other!?

hey ***** this is how we roll in the south... I know the south. I live here too. Just in a state that is cleaner with better terrain, and road quality.

You brought it up. Tell me about the "black culture" you are reffering too.... It goes way beyond just women liking shoes. It has some ungodly fasination with anything that touches the ground. Shoes, wheels and frankly... The vast majority of the people partaking in them have no since of style beyond oh my god, that is so god damned flashy-*** gaudy it must look good!!!!!!!!!

Ya... No...

Let's not get started on the great contributions to jewelry, and mouth accessories.

The last college orientation class I was forced into taking. It had a white girl on pamplets for alcohol abuse, a white guy on ruffies.
I wasn't going anywhere with that. I just thought it was really funny, and while the ruffies thing is tottally true, the other two are just coincidental.

Look man you can like, or dislike whatever you want. This isn't the group hug section of the internet. If you want some gaudy *** wheels on your vehicles I'm not stopping you. But don't get all bent out of shape when 80% of the people you pass look at you funny, point and laff.
The crazy thing about all of this, is that you are saying all these negative things about black people and you can't even spell.It seems that you are the one that needs a hug.I do not have to argue with you,you are probably like 60 years old anyway.Just straight racist.
Old 06-22-07, 08:52 PM
Pheonix
Lexus Champion

Cool

Couldn't be farther from the truth on any point you just made in your post. Shows what you know. lmao all talk, nothing to say.

And you don't put spaces after your punctuation, so what's your ****ing point about my spelling at times? It's generally accurate, unless I'm typing faster than you can read.

Quick Reply: ES 350 on 22 inch Dubs