Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

More Recent Transmission Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-08, 04:33 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Just curious if you have ever taken the time to call or write Lexus and insist they do something about the transmission...

I can tell you from personal experience that Lexus Corporate doesn't care about your personal problems relating to their products. In 52 years of driving and buying cars, I've never encountered such poor Customer Service from a corporation. If the dealer won't help you, forget about trying to get Lexus Corporate to respond to your problems. The Customer Service I have received from Mercedes and BMW make Lexus Corporate Customer Service look pathetic. They ignore emails, personal letters, promise to return phone calls and of course, you never hear from them. They are truly pathetic.
Old 01-20-08, 06:32 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
I can tell you from personal experience that Lexus Corporate doesn't care about your personal problems relating to their products. In 52 years of driving and buying cars, I've never encountered such poor Customer Service from a corporation. If the dealer won't help you, forget about trying to get Lexus Corporate to respond to your problems. The Customer Service I have received from Mercedes and BMW make Lexus Corporate Customer Service look pathetic. They ignore emails, personal letters, promise to return phone calls and of course, you never hear from them. They are truly pathetic.
rjm,

Actually that was more along the lines of rather than address the owner content which has proven to be representative, consider being proactive and focus instead on the real cause of the content and the sliding vehicle ratings in the first place, and start making calls and writing on, if need be, just the transmission issue alone.

I agree with your view of corporate. From my own business background: About any auto-maker-----it is unlike anything I would expect from an outfit involved in manufacturing that has the LUXURY of otherwise being able to correct their mistakes, and at extremely little or no cost to them to fix their errors, to instead jack people around, engage in outright lies and worse. I could not resell a defect for any amount of money and would have been out all labor and all materials, even if I could the goal is/was to produce a defect free product no matter what and I would have fired any employee who BS'd a customer about some negative attribute supposedly being representative of the product I took pride in producing.

Most consumers do not realize their expectations of problem resolution is very (financially) fair to the manufacturer under these circumstances, you cannot auction a defective Bagel that somebody returned if you manufacture them but you sure can a car and at a price exceeding the cost to you to manufacture it in the first place so all the jacking around and other nonsense is just despicable and greed based IMO.
Old 01-20-08, 10:45 AM
2007es350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rjm
I hear you. All my phone calls to Lexus Corporate fell on deaf ears about my slipping transmission. When I opened my case, Lexus Corporate never even returned my calls after 3 weeks.

The only time they responded was when I sent Lexus Corporate a Courtesy Lemon Law Notification which is used in CA to start the lemon law process. It was amazing to see that they responded back to me within 24 hours of submitting my Notice. After I submitted the Notice, I really wasn't interested in talking to them anymore; I was satisfied to go through with the Lemon Law process and was only interested in their written correspondence.

However, my Lexus dealer experience has been superb which is why I purchased another Lexus to replace my ES350.