ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

5K Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 03:15 PM
MShybrid
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5K Service

The ES had to go in today for it's first 5k service. The Guys at Herrin-Gear in Jackson Ms are just a pleasure to deal with. Our salesman along with the service manager greeted us upon arrival. They both wanted to know how things were and if they could bo of assistance. They had a new RX350 waiting on us to use while the ES was being serviced.
Great job Guys.
This may be our first Lexus but I dont think it will be our last.
Lloyd
Old 07-17-07, 01:56 PM
Lex13
Rookie

Hey Lloyd, it's great to see that you seem to be getting the same Lexus experience that I've had so far and that you are actually still hanging around this board to let people know about it. I think that most ES buyers hang out here until shortly after they take delivery and post a picture or two. After that, they just vanish off this board and go out to enjoy their great new cars.

Anyway, we're close to 8,000 miles now and have not had any trouble. My ES is absolutely awesome. I hope you guys continue to have the same level of enjoyment from yours.
Old 07-17-07, 02:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Same here after 14+ months.

Lex13, I think your observation is accurate.
Old 07-17-07, 02:50 PM
MShybrid
Pole Position

Thanks Lex13
For me, The whole Lexus experience is awsome. It is totally different than what I have experienced when buying from the "Big 3"
To date, our ES has been flawless. It's always great to hear stories from satisfied customers.
Old 07-17-07, 03:32 PM
carbuff
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

It is soothing and a confidence builder to hear good things about the ES350. There have been many complaints about "flare" and transmission problems. One hardly reads any glowing comments about the ES.

I am a new and first time Lexus owner. I really like my ES. It appears to be just what I want in an automobile. The fact that it does not rocket around curves with a high growling engine does not matter to me in the least.

I wanted a butter-smooth riding car with stylish exterior design and a rich interior. This car has all three of the things I want. Then too, the dealer's service has been superb.

Regards to all
Old 07-17-07, 05:13 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by carbuff
It is soothing and a confidence builder to hear good things about the ES350. There have been many complaints about "flare" and transmission problems. One hardly reads any glowing comments about the ES.

I am a new and first time Lexus owner. I really like my ES. It appears to be just what I want in an automobile. The fact that it does not rocket around curves with a high growling engine does not matter to me in the least.

I wanted a butter-smooth riding car with stylish exterior design and a rich interior. This car has all three of the things I want. Then too, the dealer's service has been superb.

Regards to all
I agree, it is good to hear some positive reports on the ES350. You will also read good ownership reports from J.D. Power & Consumer Reports, as well as owner reviews on Edmunds, MSN Autos and Yahoo. There are a lot of satisfied owners out there.
Old 07-17-07, 11:09 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are reasons that Lexus has the highest owner satisfaction rate. You can always find someone impossible to please. A few years ago, prior to a stay at the Waldorf=Astoria in NYC, i read some hotel reviews online. Some thought it was not a very good hotel. Whatever...
Old 07-19-07, 01:03 PM
terrypm
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MShybrid
The ES had to go in today for it's first 5k service. The Guys at Herrin-Gear in Jackson Ms are just a pleasure to deal with. Our salesman along with the service manager greeted us upon arrival. They both wanted to know how things were and if they could bo of assistance. They had a new RX350 waiting on us to use while the ES was being serviced.
Great job Guys.
This may be our first Lexus but I dont think it will be our last.
Lloyd
I have bought several vehicles from Herrin Gear Chevrolet. Nothing great to write home about. On one recent warranty repair visit I took the car back and called my salesman and explained the problem. He immediately pointed me to where the service area was,told me to take it to them and then turned his back and walked off. Not what I would call customer oriented.

This was just posted on the net. States if you want a great service experience go to a local Buick dealer. Locally would be Fowler Buick, they have been in business 54 years.

Jaguar dealerships may not be selling many cars these days. But they are wowing U.S. service customers, as Jaguar is the top brand in this year's Customer Service Index from J.D. Power and Associates.
Lexus Division, which led last year's study, dropped into a tie for third with Cadillac. Buick was No. 2 in the 2007 study, which Power released today.
The CSI study measures customers' satisfaction with their dealership service experiences. Jaguar also was No. 1 in Power's 2006 Sales Satisfaction Index, which measures customer satisfaction with the sales experience.
In the first six months of 2007, Jaguar's U.S. sales were down 27.4 percent from the year-ago period. But Tom Gauer, Power's senior director of automotive retail research, said Jaguar's top performance in the service....
Old 07-19-07, 01:33 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by terrypm
I have bought several vehicles from Herrin Gear Chevrolet. Nothing great to write home about. On one recent warranty repair visit I took the car back and called my salesman and explained the problem. He immediately pointed me to where the service area was,told me to take it to them and then turned his back and walked off. Not what I would call customer oriented.

This was just posted on the net. States if you want a great service experience go to a local Buick dealer. Locally would be Fowler Buick, they have been in business 54 years.

Jaguar dealerships may not be selling many cars these days. But they are wowing U.S. service customers, as Jaguar is the top brand in this year's Customer Service Index from J.D. Power and Associates.
Lexus Division, which led last year's study, dropped into a tie for third with Cadillac. Buick was No. 2 in the 2007 study, which Power released today.
The CSI study measures customers' satisfaction with their dealership service experiences. Jaguar also was No. 1 in Power's 2006 Sales Satisfaction Index, which measures customer satisfaction with the sales experience.
In the first six months of 2007, Jaguar's U.S. sales were down 27.4 percent from the year-ago period. But Tom Gauer, Power's senior director of automotive retail research, said Jaguar's top performance in the service....
I wonder since Jaguar and Buick aren't selling many new cars these days, if they're focusing more on their service departments. This would help with retaining current customers and generating revenue though service vs. sales.

Last edited by LexBob2; 07-19-07 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-19-07, 03:27 PM
MShybrid
Pole Position

Originally Posted by terrypm

There are several salesmen at Herrin-Gear that aren't worth their weight in salt. I visited all of the dealerships at Herrin Gear, The salesmen at Infinity was more interested in his bucket of chicken than making a sale. The Salesmen at BMW just couldn't force themselves out of the air conditioned offices. The ones at the Chey dealer........well...lets just say they were there,. I may have just been blessed or something when we pulled into the Lexus dealer. Our salesman was spot on. He knew the car, he had good answers to all of our questions.....basically...he was there to serve the customer as a salesman should. Way to go Shaun.
Old 07-19-07, 03:27 PM
gatorcb
Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I wonder since Jaguar and Buick aren't selling many new cars these days, if they're focusing more on their service departments. This would help with retaining current customers and generating revenue though service vs. sales.

With 2 service techs per vehicle sold it's not hard