ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Feds upgraded investigation on ES350

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-07 | 08:09 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by darealdeal
we really had a laugh riot when we saw this campaign and could'nt believe the general public could be so STUPID as to we had to do this FOR YOU!!!

Considering that Toyota itself is not certain it is the floormats causing this (this has happened without the all-weather mats) your laughing about it makes no sense and is just bad PR for Lexus that members and guests here see a dealer employee laughs about the misfortune of, what is it, 40 plus people who own a Lexus product reporting various accidents, alarming experiences.
Old 09-02-07 | 08:43 AM
bigL
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
Considering that Toyota itself is not certain it is the floormats causing this (this has happened without the all-weather mats) your laughing about it makes no sense and is just bad PR for Lexus that members and guests here see a dealer employee laughs about the misfortune of, what is it, 40 plus people who own a Lexus product reporting various accidents, alarming experiences.
Here is another one laughing at you.
Old 09-02-07 | 12:58 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

My friend just bought a 2007 Ford 150 pickup truck and opted for the all weather mats. Dealer (or should I say the guy that preps the vehicle for delivery) put the all weather vinyl mats right over the carpet mats, with the holes for the hook still covered by the vinyl casting.
Old 09-02-07 | 07:59 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

I love the way America's unaccountable society can put on the blame on the dealer / manufacturer for a lack of common sense. As for AlexusAnja gripping about what is charged for skilled labor, a majority of our dealers will replace wipers w/no charge for labor - you buy the part, change light bulbs for you in the service lane while you wait - again no charge for labor. But the demands that some of you make are just incredible, "I want my oil changed but don't want to wait" and gripe cause we won't give you a loaner that costs us $80.00/day in lease fees and insurance. If you want a $39.95 oil change, go to Jiffy Lube and ask them for a loaner. Not to mention the free wash & vacuum that would cost you $15.00 at any hand wash facility near you. And the stunts you'll pull with me, you wouldn't do anywhere else you do business. When is the last time you got to the checkout line at your neighborhood grocery or when you got the check at your favorite watering hole did you have the gall to say "I come here all the time, I think you should give me a discount." We are here to serve, not because we have to, but because we choose to. But alot of you seem to forget this is business and profit is not a four letter word. You bought a Lexus because you wanted the world's best made car and the number 1 rated service in the industry, but alot of you with newfound wealth don't seem to want to pay for world class service. Lexus is the most successful luxury car company in the world for one reason only---We truely believe every customer should be treated like a guest in our own home, and we really do try, but if I knew some of you outside of my business, you wouldn't get a second invitation to my house. So cut us some slack, we try harder than anyone else in this business, we do things for you that other car companies wouldn't think twice before telling you to pound sand, and there are some of you that just can't appreciate a good thing.

Can you give us your perspective on the ES transmission issue? Thanks...
Old 09-03-07 | 06:09 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Can you give us your perspective on the ES transmission issue? Thanks...

I predict that the transmission will be the next thing the FEDS get involved in.
Old 09-03-07 | 09:20 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

I hope so along with the cold diesel noise, which is starting up again as the temps get in the 50s overnight.
Old 09-03-07 | 09:36 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

I wonder if the Feds will get involved. At this point, it doesn't seem like the trans problem is a safety issue. The ES350 has been on the market for nearly a year and half now with close to 100K of them on the road. You'd think if they were going to get involved, they probably would have done so by now.
Old 09-03-07 | 11:24 AM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

I predict that the transmission will be the next thing the FEDS get involved in.
It'll never happen!
Old 09-06-07 | 11:07 AM
toneman
Lead Lap

...about the misfortune of, what is it, 40 plus people who own a Lexus product reporting various accidents, alarming experiences.
Were you one of the 40 who experienced the issue discussed in this thread? If not, then please explain how you were fortunate enough that it hasn't (yet) happened to you?

I'll concede your statement about how the floormat may not have been a factor in some of these incidents...but what about those where it was a factor? Should we always be quick to assume that these incidents were indeed due to a design issue/flaw, rather than the possibility of "user error"?
Old 09-09-07 | 05:57 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by toneman
I'll concede your statement about how the floormat may not have been a factor in some of these incidents...but what about those where it was a factor? Should we always be quick to assume that these incidents were indeed due to a design issue/flaw, rather than the possibility of "user error"?
Hi Tony,

Long time no see....LOL

I was quoting Lexus/Toyota representative, not me, about them not being certain it is the floormats and the NHTSA is not buying it either it seems; so the laughter by those claiming to be associated with Lexus makes no sense, out of the knowledge loop and posting anyway it seems, though same laughter for ES wind noise complaints last year yet see the debacle over that same wind noise annoyance even on LS forum.

Those LS owners don't play around for their money and what quality is, they trade out over wind noise....LOL
Old 09-24-07 | 11:52 AM
darealdeal
Driver School Candidate

Lighten up Bob, no offense to anyone that may have been injured or if you know anyone how has in the "unintended acceleration issue." Let me clarify the humor I found in this issue. I thought it was comical that a manufacturer who is more customer driven than ANY other in the industry would still have to issue such a campaign. Stop and think about it from my perspective for a minute. Lexus sent you a letter to have you bring your car in to me to have me inspect whether or not you have both sets of mats installed on your car at the same time. Regardless of the fact that when we install the all-weather mats, we place your carpeted mats in the trunk. Yes folks, that's how my staff was trained do it even prior to this campaign. My service & parts staff knows better - after all we read the warning STAMPED ON THE MATS. I though it was humorous in the fact that they were paying us to inspect it, paying me to correct it if you have it wrong, paying me to put additional warning stickers on the mats in hopes that you don't do it again & then paying me to wash & vacuum your car while it is there. Before everyone jumps off, a campaign is the only time we get money from LEXUS to do this.I find no humor in the fact that anyone was hurt or terrified by their experience. But from my perpective, doesn't it seem like this whole thing is a litte overboard?? I think there is a better use for our resources than being the "floormat nannies." As for anyone who thought seriously that I had found humor in the misfortune of those 40 some people, get over it.
Old 09-24-07 | 11:54 AM
darealdeal
Driver School Candidate

As far as the ES transmission issues, what in particular would anyone like to know?
Old 09-24-07 | 04:37 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

As far as the ES transmission issues, what in particular would anyone like to know?
We all know the TSIBs for the tranny do not fix the problem. Many people are living with transmissions that flare. What is Lexus telling their dealers about this? What kind of recourse does the customer have at this point?