ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Did you know?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-07, 05:35 PM
kewl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the car in reverse, press the DISP button on the left side of the screen and a color and tone control will be added to the ones you already get.
Old 11-06-07, 05:39 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's the purpose of the color and tone controls?
Old 11-06-07, 07:49 PM
kewl
Rookie

At first I thought it rather silly but in thinking about it, it makes some sense. It was especially odd that you would get the extra controls only when the transmission was in reverse. But then again about the only time you would need to adjust color and tint (or in this case tone) would be when the camera was being used...with the transmission in reverse.

For the MAP display and the other displays - audio, climate, etc., color controls aren't that important. Actually, some might argue that it would be for MAP, but in the end the real variable is in the camera, not the display. So it seems there are controls to 'adjust' the camera output to better match the true colors it is seeing. My guess is its really for the factory or dealer, not the owner.
Old 11-06-07, 09:19 PM
amf1932
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OK......Sound's logical.
Old 11-07-07, 03:01 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kewl
At first I thought it rather silly but in thinking about it, it makes some sense. It was especially odd that you would get the extra controls only when the transmission was in reverse. But then again about the only time you would need to adjust color and tint (or in this case tone) would be when the camera was being used...with the transmission in reverse.

For the MAP display and the other displays - audio, climate, etc., color controls aren't that important. Actually, some might argue that it would be for MAP, but in the end the real variable is in the camera, not the display. So it seems there are controls to 'adjust' the camera output to better match the true colors it is seeing. My guess is its really for the factory or dealer, not the owner.
Actually, the color/tone settings are also accessible (via pressing DISP) while viewing a DVD video disc...
Old 11-07-07, 03:14 PM
kewl
Rookie

Good to know! I don't have the DVD player...cheap me! I can see where it would very useful with the DVD.

Thanks for the update.
Old 11-12-07, 04:23 PM
NoiseFree
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Did you know that when you hold down the Mode button on the steering wheel to turn OFF the radio/CD you get a Beep sound as it turns off, but when you turn OFF the radio/CD using the regular On/Off/Volume ****, there's no Beep?
Old 03-05-08, 11:06 PM
tC350
Driver

does anyone know how to get to the dianostic mode for the nav?
Old 03-06-08, 11:44 AM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tC350
does anyone know how to get to the dianostic mode for the nav?
1) Press "Menu" hard button located to the right of the Nav screen
2) Tap the Speaker icon (I believe it's labeled "Volume")
3) Tap--in the general vicinity of--the following corners of the screen in fairly-rapid (i.e., not too fast nor too slowly) succession: UL, LL, UL, LL

There is another diagnostic screen accessible by doing the following:

1) Press "Map" hard button located to the right of the screen (so that you're in Map view);
2) Press "Disp" hard button located to the left of the screen
3) Tap the following areas of the map itself (i.e., don't tap in the corner of the actual screen, but in the "corner" of the displayed map): UL, LL, UL, LL, UL, LL

If the above seems confusing, then watch the following video:
How to access alternate diagnostic screen

Note--either/both tricks won't work if your DVD nav rev is 6.1 or newer...unless you create a hybrid 5.1 DVD--instructions on how to create one can be found elsewhere in this forum. Also--I am not responsible if you happen to screw up your nav by messing around w/ the diagnostic menus.
Old 03-06-08, 04:56 PM
jgtile
Driver

Originally Posted by 350Dave
I verified what I already suspected today, nix on the panoramic roof, but still feel good knowing about the window lift feature, also found out today that with the fob in my pocket, the soft button near the license plate will open the trunk. Cool!
Interesting about the moonroof on the panoramic roof....because when you hold the unlock button on the smart key for a few seconds, all the windows AND the moonroof is supposed to open. But only my windows come down but not the moonroof...must be the same thing as what you all are talking about because I have the panoramic roof.
Old 03-09-08, 03:16 PM
Orbit9
Rookie

Just wondering if anyone knows a way to change the es350 custom settings without taking the car to the dealer to do it. Is this the same as the diagnostic mode? I haven't try it yet....

Thanks
Old 03-09-08, 05:05 PM
jgtile
Driver

The dealer will do it for free if they are any good dealer! They were supposed to do it at my 1000 mile check but the guy didn't have the "scanner" device that he needed. So, I am going to have em change it at the 5000 mile check. Of course, on the ES, I think the standard settings are pretty good! On the LS, you have alot more choices.
Old 03-09-08, 05:25 PM
Orbit9
Rookie

Well, free is good and I think it should be free. But I might decide that I want to test different settings to see if I like it. So I don't think I have time to take it back to the dealer ever time I want to change something.
Old 03-09-08, 06:21 PM
lexus4eva
Driver School Candidate

... DID YOU KNOW THIS IS A FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR? OMFG i got ripped off!!!
Old 03-10-08, 03:09 AM
Yiujai86
Rookie

should go to Lexus website and print out a list of available options for the personalized settings

Quick Reply: Did you know?