ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

07 camry se springs

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07, 07:36 PM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexoman
I hope i dont get attacked for this post but here goes, will 07 camry se lowering springs work on es 350, i know the cars are built on the same chassis, the springs will lower the car by 1inch, saw them on tire rack, adding
18x8 wheels on 225/45/18 tires. will post pic's when i get wheels later this week.
I am not sure if you are talking about the 07 Camry SE stock spring or the TRD lowering spring for the 07 Camry.

If you are talking about the TRD lowering spring, then i believe the drop is about 1.5 inch.

Now i don't know how will that work on the ES 350 TRD lowering spring.
Old 11-28-07, 03:45 PM
BigRonS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im very interested in this method also.. I would imagine other springs besides the TRD springs would work.. there are numerous companies that make springs for the Camry (just not the lexus lol) so im anxious to see what the original poster was talking about, where are ya my friend!
Old 11-29-07, 03:00 PM
Druha
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bchi99
found out the the camary springs won't work but there is a manufactor that lowers our cars. they are called tanabe, 1.8 in the front and 1 in the rear. 217 bucks. I'll let you know how it does, and i'm getting 20's uys. yay!
go to their site. look up va, there is a place in manassas that has them for the es.
Bchi99, you are the only one who seems to have said the camry springs won't work...and I cannot find any ES350 springs on the Manassas store in VA...are u talking about camry springs?

If they do work, there are many big name companies that make springs for the camry, Eibach and such.
Old 11-29-07, 03:18 PM
BigRonS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Druha
If they do work, there are many big name companies that make springs for the camry, Eibach and such.

yes, there are several companies that make camry suspension...

H&R, Progress, Hotchkiss Performance, Tanabe, Eibach, Skunk2, Intrax, Dropzone and Sprint Suspension.. Ive called each one of them personally...They all had nothing for the es350, but id say 75% of those companies make Camry suspension... So that leaves the burning question! heheh
Old 11-29-07, 08:49 PM
Druha
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BigRonS
yes, there are several companies that make camry suspension...

H&R, Progress, Hotchkiss Performance, Tanabe, Eibach, Skunk2, Intrax, Dropzone and Sprint Suspension.. Ive called each one of them personally...They all had nothing for the es350, but id say 75% of those companies make Camry suspension... So that leaves the burning question! heheh
Find out!...please? it seems like you would do it before me anyways, so be the pioneer!
Old 11-30-07, 04:01 PM
bchi99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default i dunno

trd told me that camry wouldn't work. it sucks they don't make anything for our car!
Old 11-30-07, 06:39 PM
BigRonS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bchi99
trd told me that camry wouldn't work. it sucks they don't make anything for our car!
damn... well thats not good..
Old 12-01-07, 02:57 PM
sanf
Rookie

maybe someone can get a set of used ES350 springs from a junk yard or something. chop 1 coil out of it. it's not the best but its something to think about. match the shorter springs along with a set of shorter shocks (if any out there).
Old 12-02-07, 06:21 PM
Druha
Pole Position

using cut springs was something that used to come up on my last cars forums... i was never a fan of that...and that was for a 15+ year old car, let alone doing it on a brand new lexus. And again, shorter stiffer shocks would be just as hard to find as lowering springs..i'm assuming. not to mention its probably pretty hard to find a written off es350 , not impossible, but u know what i mean.

i really think someone needs to either
a) ask companies such as H&R, eibach, tein, etc. if springs for camry would work on the es350
b) ask different companies about detailed technical information about their springs for the Camry
c) see if they would work on the ES, by comparing technical figures, or what manufacturers tell us
Old 12-03-07, 04:33 AM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Originally Posted by Druha
using cut springs was something that used to come up on my last cars forums... i was never a fan of that...and that was for a 15+ year old car, let alone doing it on a brand new lexus. And again, shorter stiffer shocks would be just as hard to find as lowering springs..i'm assuming. not to mention its probably pretty hard to find a written off es350 , not impossible, but u know what i mean.

i really think someone needs to either
a) ask companies such as H&R, eibach, tein, etc. if springs for camry would work on the es350
b) ask different companies about detailed technical information about their springs for the Camry
c) see if they would work on the ES, by comparing technical figures, or what manufacturers tell us
Totally agree. I'm just not a fan of cut springs either. I looked into it back when I had a Civic. Didn't think it was worth it then. Definitely don't think it's a great idea on a much nicer car like the ES350.
Old 12-05-07, 09:22 PM
sanf
Rookie

right.. but when there isn't a choice at the end. even an Enzo you will need to cut the springs if you are a truly hardcore modder. OR pay someone enough to just custom you a set springs/shocks for the ES.
Old 12-05-07, 10:17 PM
Druha
Pole Position

mmm, there's a difference between being a modder (like i saw ur headlight bulb change looks nice and nice off blue hue) and making changes that will sacrifice luxury for insignificant suspension improvements...will actually throw off the OEM dynamics of the car as well as safety and warranty.
All for the appearance of being lower and sportier..

I HATE wheel gap as well, but i mean. if there really is nothing we can do for now. then I will wait 2-3 years until after my warranty is done, and hopefully by then someone will have released something

but this is all being said, knowing that i am not a mechanic or own any tools,parts to do my own custom modding. just my opinion. if you are the type to be a pioneer and have the know-how to cut springs and make it work. go ahead, post pics and i'll respect what you have done.

I am not anti modder at all. please dont get that view of me. A lot of people on this forum would even look down at changing the rims, "why change them? they're already lexus'" i'm not like that to a certain degree...i dunno too much ranting. know what i'm sayin man?
Old 12-10-07, 09:02 PM
sanf
Rookie

oh yea.. not a problem. certain cars are just not made for modding. I understand that. I also understand the views of ppl seeing "why change anything from stock? it's perfect the way it is". I was only saying what a hardcore modder will do. 1st, they will never talk about warranty. 2nd, they will find ways to make things work because they just want to be the 1st and make the car "theirs" (OEM is too much like everyone else). it's all good.