ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

After two months with my new 2008 ES350 all I can say is....

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-07, 07:25 PM
harrington
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile After two months with my new 2008 ES350 all I can say is....

WOW!!! Just an incredible automobile. I have experienced none of the problems I have read about in the last year or so and it has been a pleasure driving what I believe is one of the nicest cars made in this price range. One thing I will say is think twice before you buy a black one. That might be the only thing I would have changed.
Old 11-04-07, 03:00 AM
carbuff
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
Default I agree with you.

harrington, I agree with you. The ES350 is an incredible automobile.

Mine is five months old and has performed without failure. Dollar for dollar, it is the best car I have ever owned.

I find its exterior design to be sleek and pleasing. The interior styling luxurious.

The ES has all of the creature features that I desire in a luxury car and of immense pleasure is that its fuel economy destroys that of every performance car I have owned.

Lexus must have been thinking of people like me when they produced this fine autombile.

I trust you will have many satisfying years driving your ES. I know that i will!
Old 11-04-07, 05:25 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carbuff
its fuel economy destroys that of every performance car I have owned.
I agree with you on the fuel economy, but do you really consider this a performance car? Luxury yes, but performance?
Old 11-04-07, 05:25 AM
AlexusES50
Driver

I owe a 2007 and i agree so far it is great, no problems at all. The ride is the most comfortable and quite i have ever been in, but i agree about black, it is hard to keep clean, looks great when clean but needs a lot of work. In my opinion best value in class.
Old 11-04-07, 05:49 AM
carbuff
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Macklin, my point is that the ES is NOT a performance car as were my Audi, BMW or Infiniti cars.

Those high powered cars of mine with their V8 engines drank gasoline with an unquenching thirst. The ES does not mimic those cars. Instead, its six cylinder engine provides many more miles per gallon.

What they do have in common is the ambiance of luxury.
Old 11-04-07, 07:45 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm glad subsequent owners are enjoying the ES350. It is a good car but whn compared to other brands, it's missing some basics: standard satellite radio, standard remote start system, Onstar. I would have thought for 2007 models, Lexus was supposed to be on the cutting edge. I do enjoy the Mark Levinson sound system, easily the best OEM I have ever heard. The push button start, the remote key and locking system. The famous Lexus smooth ride courtesy of soft tire engineering.
Old 11-04-07, 10:34 AM
RXSF

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

it's missing some basics: standard satellite radio, standard remote start system, Onstar
you must be mistaken, this isnt an american car.

does anybody in this class (bmw, merc, audi, infiniti) have satellite radio standard?

remote start systems are only found on american cars...

and lastly, onstar...is only found on GM vehicles. in fact on star isnt available on any lexus model unless you spring for the lexus link which is a waste of money.
Old 11-04-07, 10:45 AM
NGG
Pole Position

Originally Posted by harrington
WOW!!! Just an incredible automobile. I have experienced none of the problems I have read about in the last year or so and it has been a pleasure driving what I believe is one of the nicest cars made in this price range. One thing I will say is think twice before you buy a black one. That might be the only thing I would have changed.
Really happy for you. This is how it should be...unfortunately it has not been the same for many of us.

A good compromise to black, is either the dark blue or dark grey (can't remember the "Lexus-speak" names. I have a dark grey IS350 that I switched to as a result of my negative experiences with the ES. Happy motoring.
Old 11-04-07, 12:20 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is why you never buy the first 6 months of a new model.
Congrats and enjoy the car. If there were lowering springs made for the car, I would have considered it. I think someone has them now.
Old 11-04-07, 02:39 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

American cars have come a long way baby! The Lexus ES350 should have come with satellite radio, remote start as standard or at least part of the Ultra package. Panorama roof, aneline leather, locking system from outside door handles, perimeter lighting, Xenon lights that turn with the car, all superior features of the car over American cars but lacking the little extras stated earlier.
Old 11-04-07, 04:37 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RXSF
you must be mistaken, this isnt an american car.

does anybody in this class (bmw, merc, audi, infiniti) have satellite radio standard?

remote start systems are only found on american cars...

and lastly, onstar...is only found on GM vehicles. in fact on star isnt available on any lexus model unless you spring for the lexus link which is a waste of money.
Acura has standard XM.
Old 11-05-07, 04:45 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Originally Posted by carbuff
Macklin, my point is that the ES is NOT a performance car as were my Audi, BMW or Infiniti cars.
Oh! I see now that I misread your original post. Gotya.

As for the color, I got the smokey granite because my last ES was white. It brings back all the bad memories from my last black vehicle. Beautiful when clean, but a beotch to keep it that way. And are there not a freaking gazillion dark grey cars on the road?

Every time I see a white one I just have to stop and stare. The almond metallic is also stunning. Shoulda woulda coulda...but mine was one of the first to arrive. Actually my Moon Shell Mica was the very first 350 to arrive. Looked great inside, then the sun hit it and brought out the pink.
Old 11-05-07, 01:07 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by garsarno
American cars have come a long way baby! The Lexus ES350 should have come with satellite radio, remote start as standard or at least part of the Ultra package. Panorama roof, aneline leather, locking system from outside door handles, perimeter lighting, Xenon lights that turn with the car, all superior features of the car over American cars but lacking the little extras stated earlier.
Satellite radio can be added so no lose but the remote start defeats the security purpose of the car, I don't like the idea of remote start making my car as easy to steal as older Toyota with no chip in the key and American cars, the Cadillac CTS and Lincoln MKZ (Buick keeps running commercials taking hits at the 350) comes close to the ES350 but the Domestics have more going for them with their truck line then their Luxury cars
Old 11-05-07, 01:14 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Satellite radio can be added to any car but it should have been integrated right from the factory along with a remote start system. Nothing gets me going than the ability to remote start our Impala & Jeep from the living room window in the winter but having to go outside to start up the Lexus. Should be that I need to go out and start the Impala or Jeep.
Old 11-05-07, 01:37 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

It's been 18 months of ownership for me (5/06). So far the car has been problem-free and has performed very well. It's been back to the dealer for the 5K service and a couple of car washes and that's it (I prefer to wash the car myself). We just returned from a 2,100 mile driving vacation which was the second 2,000+ mile trip in this car, and it performend flawlessly. Comfortable, good highway performance and impressive gas mileage.

Would I buy another one? Definitely, but there are some other interesting choices out there too.

Quick Reply: After two months with my new 2008 ES350 all I can say is....