ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Custom Grill for ES350?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-07, 08:16 AM
quatman67
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Grill for ES350?

Has anyone installed one of those mesh grills on their ES350? I seen a nice looking one from E&G classic online and was wondering if these after market grills would void the factory warranty. Also i'm concerned about proper engine cooling, if the tight mesh design would diminish cooling, even a little, I'd rather not take the chance.
If anyone has installed one could you post pictures, was it easy to install?, one site I was on mentioned minor drilling and filing required.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 11-11-07, 07:01 PM
Mambo King
Driver School Candidate

I like the grill. I'm taking my ES in Thur for the 5k service. I'll inquire about it while I'm there.
Old 11-12-07, 02:49 AM
MShybrid
Pole Position

The grill does add to the look of the ES. I have some friends who have the mesh type grill on their car and do not experience any overheating problems.
Old 01-03-08, 10:57 AM
ES350ULTRA
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by quatman67
Has anyone installed one of those mesh grills on their ES350? I seen a nice looking one from E&G classic online and was wondering if these after market grills would void the factory warranty. Also i'm concerned about proper engine cooling, if the tight mesh design would diminish cooling, even a little, I'd rather not take the chance.
If anyone has installed one could you post pictures, was it easy to install?, one site I was on mentioned minor drilling and filing required.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
There is no overheating because of this and it will not void your warranty. They sell them at the dealership even.

The E&G grill is the nicest one I have seen and will be getting one today once I find a good deal on one. Best price I have found is $197.00 at nycdashes.com. I am trying to find a website that sells EG closer to home so I can get it within a day or so. The EG part # is "EG-1372-0102-07"

Here is a picture of the E&G grill

http://www.egclassic.com/inventory/uploads/1349462.pdf

or

http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...0&option_name=

Last edited by ES350ULTRA; 01-03-08 at 12:41 PM.
Old 01-03-08, 12:58 PM
ES350ULTRA
Driver School Candidate

Just ordered my grill from www.wooddashexperts.com for $197. I also got the the OEM rear spoiler as well for $228 which includes the paint. Best prices I could find and they had both items. I should have purchased the B&I dashkit from them as well and saved on shipping but I already ordered it from another company this morning. Now I just need to get the windows tinted and I am will be done.
Old 01-03-08, 02:18 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

If you want a real OEM spoiler (the wooddashexperts one doesn't sound OEM from their description), try eBay from "lorparts". That's my local dealer's parts department. Lexus of Roseville. They sell some parts for under what the purported factory "invoice" is when you order the car. The lexus spoiler comes painted from the factory. Invoice on it is $200 when you order the car which is what I got it at. Might be cheaper as an accessory thru the parts dept.
Old 01-04-08, 04:33 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The mesh grille is very nice looking, BUT, I'd double check with dealer it will not void your warranty to change it.

I remember stock grille has angled slats/fins for airflow which seem absent in the mesh one. They are angled for a reason on stock, I'm sure.
Old 01-04-08, 05:32 AM
static
Driver

Nice looking mesh grill, but it seems like it would be hard to get snow and ice out of it.

Anyone have one that lives where it snows a lot?
Old 01-05-08, 12:31 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by static

Nice looking mesh grille, but it seems like it would be hard to get snow and ice out of it.

Anyone have one who lives where it snows a lot?
Good Question I would think that any snow or ice would quickly melt from the heat of the radiator.

~ Cap
Old 01-09-08, 12:40 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Nice looking grille, but product description doesn't explicitly state whether it bolts onto/over the existing grille; personally, I'm not a fan of either install method...instead preferring one that bolts in place of the existing grille (assuming the existing one can be removed w/o having to cut anything).
Old 01-19-08, 06:49 PM
Capirato
Racer

Originally Posted by toneman

Nice looking grille, but product description doesn't explicitly state whether it bolts onto/over the existing grille; personally, I'm not a fan of either install method...instead preferring one that bolts in place of the existing grille (assuming the existing one can be removed w/o having to cut anything).
The after market grille bolts on, replacing the OEM grille. Some small holes have to be drilled.

~ Cap
Old 01-21-08, 02:06 PM
SouthNJ
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Capirato
The after market grille bolts on, replacing the OEM grille. Some small holes have to be drilled.

~ Cap
Can you please post a few pics during and after the install?
Old 01-21-08, 05:16 PM
PINESOL
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as for a leased vehicle .. when puting the oem grille back on does it cover the drilled holes from the aftermarket grille .. ? just wondering .. i personally dont like the mesh look .. just my .02c
Old 01-21-08, 06:44 PM
Capirato
Racer

Default Custom Grill for ES350?

Originally Posted by PINESOL

As for a leased vehicle .. when puting the oem grille back on does it cover the drilled holes from the aftermarket grille .. ? just wondering .. i personally dont like the mesh look .. just my .02c
Yes, the holes will not show.

~ Cap
Old 02-14-08, 02:15 PM
caballero7
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the after market grille and installed it myself with the help from my dad. It took us approx. 3 Hours to install it. You do have to make some modifications to the plastic molding around were the grille insert sits. You do have to drill some holes in the frame that is provided by the grille manufacture, but in the end it looks really great!

I will take some pics of anyone would like to see what it looks like.

Quick Reply: Custom Grill for ES350?