ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2008 ES-350 - Any mechnical Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-08, 08:56 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by swiftarrow
I checked the Lexus Owners Club forum, and found a post by a guy whose dealer fixed the wind noise problem "by tightening the belt molding inside the door which is part of the window channel at the bottom of the window opening."

Sounds like what Static's dealer did. And the fix was suggested by the Lexus district manager and field engineer.
I 100% agree swift....that is the best approach I've seen and seems most likely to succeed and yes in line with static's description of his dealer effort. It is something I would have tried next myself, though still have a few more ideas if that does not work, but I really feel it will help you greatly and you won't need any other ideas.
Old 03-06-08, 05:06 PM
jgtile
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the creaks too...but only when the temp outside is in the 20s or below. At the 5000 mile check, I am going to have the TSIB checked into. However, the TSIB is date 2006, so I am wondering if the dealer is going to say that all 06 TSIBs were put into the 08s. Also, I have had some minor transmission surge at 20mph while decellerating..but nothing major!
Old 03-10-08, 07:05 PM
swiftarrow
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up Dealer addresses wind noise

Originally Posted by ES350Bob
I 100% agree swift....that is the best approach I've seen and seems most likely to succeed and yes in line with static's description of his dealer effort. It is something I would have tried next myself, though still have a few more ideas if that does not work, but I really feel it will help you greatly and you won't need any other ideas.
After I told my service manager about some of the wind noise solutions mentioned above, he gave it a try.

My repair invoice states "lack of sealer/R&R inner door trim - added EPT foam to inner, lower belt molding - adjusted inner door panel to fit tighter against glass case." It definetely helped. I'd say that the wind noise has been reduced by about two-thirds. Tolerable now. I'm wondering if it would do any good to ask him to try to reduce the noise even more...now that he's on the right track.

Steve
Old 03-11-08, 05:30 PM
jgtile
Driver

After I told my service manager about some of the wind noise solutions mentioned above, he gave it a try.

My repair invoice states "lack of sealer/R&R inner door trim - added EPT foam to inner, lower belt molding - adjusted inner door panel to fit tighter against glass case." It definetely helped. I'd say that the wind noise has been reduced by about two-thirds. Tolerable now. I'm wondering if it would do any good to ask him to try to reduce the noise even more...now that he's on the right track.

Steve
Thanks Swiftarrow! I will try that
Old 03-12-08, 04:54 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve
Steve,

You have a very nice dealer there....I think that since they are not reimbursed for this absent a corporate TSIB for wind noise and it is a corporate problem not a dealer problem...maybe wait till you have a scheduled oil change or something like that and ask that more be done while they have it for other service. I'm glad that they were able to minimize it for now.