ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

no springs for the ES350...

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-08, 01:35 PM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default no springs for the ES350...

... unfortunately.. there are no springs in for the ES350.... i took the time to call the major brands .. TRD, Eibach, Tien, H&R.... all of them replied the same way.. "we do carry for that vehicle... not enough demand."

my thought is... everyone here bug the crap out of them... and they will eventually make the springs..

i know there were forums like these before mine... but i dont believe i read anything about people actually making contact with the companies to ask them why etc... so thats the reason i started this thread... if anyone has any connections with people in those companies and others.... please spread the word that there are ES350 owners who would like to lower their car.... and then some.
Old 02-12-08, 01:57 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno if you're gonna be able to drum up enough support. Good luck tho.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I love modifying cars. I came from e46fanatics. But, Lexus really skewed the ES350 towards the luxury side that pretty much everyone who bought this car gave up sport. If they wanted sport, they would have gone to the IS or GS models.

I dunno if the other threads about this figured it out, but do the Camry springs fit? Maybe the Camry SE springs or if there are any TRD springs for the Camry?
Old 02-13-08, 01:14 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

i've read those threads... im iffy on the camry springs... because although the cars share the same base it does not mean they share the same suspension... soo unless i know for a fact that they will work and it will work fine.. i'll just keep it as a possiblility...
Old 02-13-08, 01:59 AM
chrispy
Forum Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

I've used Solara springs for my old 97 ES300. Same chassis, no problem. They're the same size vehicle. Just make sure you get the V6 ones.
Old 02-13-08, 02:48 AM
BillP
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

If someone is really motivated you can order a set of Camry SE springs and check them out for fit. If you have to return them though Toyota may charge a restocking fee, 10-15%. Maybe one of our resident SAE mechanics can do a little research at the dealer.
Old 02-13-08, 09:59 AM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LMFAO, please no drop on a perfectly comfy ES.

To each is own, but get a sportier car first.
Old 02-13-08, 10:03 AM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

Default haha

yeah..im twisting my mind over just getting bigger rims because i don't want to lose the smooth ride.. let alone springs. It would look quite nice though
Old 02-13-08, 10:39 AM
bchi99
Driver

Default ty for this post

I agree, i need to drop my car too. our car would look really nice if we could lower it.....has anyone heard from tanabe? i heard they were in the testing phase????
Old 02-13-08, 09:57 PM
chrispy
Forum Moderator

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by sirCharles
LMFAO, please no drop on a perfectly comfy ES.

To each is own, but get a sportier car first.
You could say the exact same thing about your IS.

People lower their cars for looks and performance, not comfort. In this case it's for looks. If you don't mind sacrificing the soft ride for a better stance, I say go for it. There are some LS460 owners dropped to the floor on air suspension, and I haven't heard anyone complain.

Most likely the Camry suspension will fit. For every car I can think of that shares the same chassis, they share suspension components as well. Just make sure you get the springs that match the engine size because of the difference in weight.

Sorry to say, but this is by far the most boring subforum on this website. Even the RX forum has more adventurous people. No one wants to mod anything here.
Old 02-13-08, 10:30 PM
SmokeyES35
Pole Position

ive always wondered about chassis sharing suspension parts.. because the Camry ride is NOTHING compared to the ES ride.. so should be interesting
Old 02-13-08, 11:14 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chrispy
Sorry to say, but this is by far the most boring subforum on this website. Even the RX forum has more adventurous people. No one wants to mod anything here.
Agreed but lets not forget the ES350 leans towards an older crowd of buyers. It's a entry level luxury car and not a very demanding buy for younger people.

If I had to choose between a 08 IS or ES I'd go with the IS simply because I am 18 years old and looking for something sporty looking & fast.
My 39 year old father on the other hand got himself the ES350 and doesn't plan on doing any modding to it just like the rest of the crowd here. The car is absolutly perfect for him and there's not one thing that he'd want to change . . especially not throwing on a set of rims or lowering springs.

That is up until I get tired of modding my 300 & start putting money towards his ES just for the fun of it
Old 02-14-08, 12:19 PM
bchi99
Driver

Default i'm 26

I think this sub forums needs to be more adventurous too.
Old 02-14-08, 01:03 PM
CRB
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bchi99
I think this sub forums needs to be more adventurous too.
Yeah, I read this thread title and thought somebody had put some bags on an ES and I was looking for a slammed one.
Old 02-14-08, 01:28 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Originally Posted by Sash
Agreed but lets not forget the ES350 leans towards an older crowd of buyers. It's a entry level luxury car and not a very demanding buy for younger people.
Haha, yeah. I picked this car specifically because it is smooth and comfy (re boring). This replaced a BMW because I just had a kid and needed a roomy kiddy taxi (but no minivan). I knew what I was sacrificing but was ok with it since the primary purpose was to schlep a baby around.

IS was immediately ruled out b/c it's tiny (my old Civic had more space inside). Considered the GS to sort of get the best of both worlds, but again, for some strange reason, it's kinda small on the inside. The trunk especially, and with a stroller, there'd be no room for anything else in the trunk.

So, the ES and it's boring ride was the only choice. Took a bit, but both the wife and I accepted that it's a boring drive and just looked forward to how luxurious and comfy it is.

We wanted the RX, but we needed a car now and the RX is about to be replaced. Plus the gas mileage isn't too hot and we already have one gas guzzler.
Old 02-14-08, 02:00 PM
Druha
Pole Position

there are a few reasons why i would ever thinking of modding this car:

1) my dad bought the car and passed away leaving me with this car, and my mom was supposed to start driving it and she doesnt like the raked/low visibility of the windows and her 2000 E320 4matic has a more "solid" driving dynamic

2) the same reason why people dont mod this car is motivation to lower it and throw some 19s on it...uniqueness has its own value.

3) I want something more sporty, and ideally i would get the new accord coupe, but its not worth selling a perfectly good 1 year old car.

People, be patient. something will come out eventually. appreciate the car for now..buy some stocks or real estate for now lol. If i end up keeping the car, I'm waiting for proper parts to come out, maybe coilovers and 19s

And if your really itching to do something to it, just "throw some D's on that *****" and ur straight.
I really hope the unavailability of aftermarket parts hasn't lowered what u think of our great car.

Quick Reply: no springs for the ES350...