ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

ES350 cassette

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-08, 04:35 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 313 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by dreyfus
Right. My nav-equipped ES350 (non-ML) has the cassette player. The non-nav loaner I drove last week did not.
Curiouser and curiouser......... I parked next to an ES350 at work today - no NAV, no ML but it had a cassette deck (?!) I'm going to visit the dealership tomorrow or wednesday and will check out their cars.
Old 02-18-08, 06:24 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

Is this a great site or what! You are just going to have to go to your dealer when you are ready to buy and find out what the cars they are selling have installed as far as cassette decks if that is something that is important to you.

Dave Mac
Old 02-18-08, 06:52 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SC400MAN
In NC, our cars without Nav do not have cassette players. With nav, they do. The Ultra comes with nav AND ML, so it has cassette. I believe this is true for the Southeast region. It is region specific.
Exactly what the salesperson told me back in August of 06 when I was thinking of buying a non NAV unit. No NAV, no cassette. Don't know about region specific, but my car came from Newark, NJ
Old 02-18-08, 08:01 PM
mmrfr
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mine has it

Not sure why but my ES350 bought in Greenville, SC. has the deck. I do have nav but no Mark L.
Old 02-18-08, 11:12 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

I have the cassette but do not want to use it or even have to look at it.
Old 02-19-08, 09:42 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Originally Posted by 350Dave
Really? I'll trade ya!
Old 02-19-08, 11:07 AM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
YotaCarFan may have solved this mystery. And that is one irritation with the Lexus distribution system.
Yeah, that annoys me too. I wanted a color combo that isn't available in my region. It would have mollified me somewhat if they just didn't make that combo (even tho many other car manufacturers do, and it even comes in different Lexus models like the IS). Then, I find out the combo does exist, just not in my region.

Argghhh. Oh well, at least it's not something that would have bothered me as much as missing HIDs.
Old 02-19-08, 12:33 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mmrfr
Not sure why but my ES350 bought in Greenville, SC. has the deck. I do have nav but no Mark L.
OT, but that's an interesting--if not unique--combo; I personally don't know of any that have that exact combo (nav but no Mark Levinson).
Old 02-19-08, 01:01 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by toneman
OT, but that's an interesting--if not unique--combo; I personally don't know of any that have that exact combo (nav but no Mark Levinson).
Really? Every non-UL unit with NAV in this region is without ML. Unless special ordered.
Old 02-19-08, 01:07 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Originally Posted by toneman
I think that's cuz that combo is not available in our (CA) region.
Old 02-19-08, 05:41 PM
YotaCarFan
Pole Position

Originally Posted by codex57
I think that's cuz that combo is not available in our (CA) region.
Lucky you. I have the Nav with the "Premium" (i.e. not ML) stereo. The standard "premium" stereo sounds worse than my two-year-old's Fisher Price piano. The ML models are very hard to come by in MD. Does it cost an extra $4K to get the ML on top of the Nav in CA?
Old 02-19-08, 06:24 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by YotaCarFan
Lucky you. I have the Nav with the "Premium" (i.e. not ML) stereo. The standard "premium" stereo sounds worse than my two-year-old's Fisher Price piano. The ML models are very hard to come by in MD. Does it cost an extra $4K to get the ML on top of the Nav in CA?
Are the UL's on a wait list? Got mine in August of 06 and was lucky my dealer in Northern VA had it on the show room floor.

I agree, the premium radio system could be of better quality for a Lexus.
Old 02-19-08, 09:41 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Originally Posted by YotaCarFan
An extra $2K is what it works out to I believe. $4K is what we have to pay b/c we have to buy the nav and the ML system together. Split them up and it's about $2K each. Then another $6K for the UL stuff. Total, the UL is about $10K on top of the base price. Of course, here, if you want the UL, you have to buy all $10K worth of the stuff. Can't break any of it apart. Your only real option is whether it comes with the spoiler or not and whether you want the accessory package or not (and the accessory package is pretty hard to not buy). I actually didn't want the wheel locks in the accessory package, but since I wanted the other two accessories, it wasn't worth trying to find a car without the accessory package (or nagging a dealer to take it off).
Old 02-19-08, 10:03 PM
Lex Law
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 350Dave
I'm with ya there. I could not believe that migrated from the 330 to the 350. No wonder I bought an IS. [Just lurking the "New Posts" for once.]
Old 02-20-08, 07:07 PM
sktn77a
Lead Lap

Received 313 Likes on 272 Posts

Well, I went to the dealer today and drove the ES350 and the IS250. Having driven BMWs for the last 30 years, I felt more at home in the IS 250, so I'll probably go in that direction.

But I got an answer to my question - In 2008, the cassette deck comes with cars wih NAV and/or ML but not on the base system! The lady that parks next to me has neither but does have the cassette (she might have a 2007). But it's no longer available on cars with just the base audio system (at least in the Southeast and for 2008)!

Go figure.........................

Quick Reply: ES350 cassette