Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow that sucks... !
Old 03-11-08, 03:52 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ng123ray
i've had my hit and run last year... some old man in... who knows what kind of car.... sorta looks like the car from Back to the Future.... anyway.... im merging right and he speeds up to try and pass me... realizes he cant and slams the brakes and clips my bumper on the side... only a few scratches at that... but the dude takes off... its too small of a case to really do anything about it... =/ and i talked to some buddies of mine who are into insurance... they said i would've been at fault.. since i was merging... the other guy has complete control of the lane... how messed up is that?!.. -_- well now i just have two streaks along the bottom right of my rear bumper... covered with touch-up paint.. not really noticable.... so that's a plus out of everything...
I take it you were attempting to merge into his lane? If so, then if you were clearly ahead of his vehicle and there was plenty of space in front of his vehicle for you to merge into...he should have allowed you to merge. What if there were a whole bunch of cars trailing him in the same lane--how the heck would you be able to merge if you were about to reach the end of the merge point...just stop and wait for all those cars to pass you by first?

I don't mean to knock your "knowledgeable" insurance buddies, but just because someone works in the auto insurance industry doesn't necessarily mean he/she knows every single thing about how to determine fault in a traffic accident. Heck--one of these "insurance" folks tried to argue that I was at fault for an accident for which I clearly wasn't at fault (she had a pretty good argument that a less-knowledgeable person would have probably just accepted); after I argued my case to the state Department of Insurance (I cited the exact CA vehicle code that applied to my incident), DOI clearly agreed w/ me.
Old 03-11-08, 05:03 PM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by toneman
I don't mean to knock your "knowledgeable" insurance buddies, but just because someone works in the auto insurance industry doesn't necessarily mean he/she knows every single thing about how to determine fault in a traffic accident. Heck--one of these "insurance" folks tried to argue that I was at fault for an accident for which I clearly wasn't at fault (she had a pretty good argument that a less-knowledgeable person would have probably just accepted); after I argued my case to the state Department of Insurance (I cited the exact CA vehicle code that applied to my incident), DOI clearly agreed w/ me.

"knowledgable" as in they work for state farm.... soo... i'd trust them....any way it was last year.. so i try not to really care as much.... >.< jsut thought of sharing my incident since this thread seems to be about how we "survived" our accidents..