my car during rebulid

my car after fix like new one

it cost me about 1300 $ and takes 10 days

The man who hit me pays the bill
Old 02-27-08, 02:29 AM
Q_Lexie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like it was a very severe crash. Good thing it was not a frontal crash. Glad that you're ok. And the cost was only $1300? I once shattered a side mirror on my mom's car, and it took $5000 to replace it.
Old 02-27-08, 03:50 AM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sultana, it seems you are ok, so that is good, and the repair job is VERY good and at a great price too!
Old 02-27-08, 02:31 PM
Yiujai86
Rookie

Glad you are ok!!!

Wish I could say the same about the guy I did a hit and run on last week. Yes, it was a hit and run. I was driving down the street in downtown Miami when suddenly I have a person stuck on my windshield. It happened so quick, I didn't have time to brake. I'd say I made contact at 30 mph because I never had a chance to slow down. So after he takes a look at me, he rolls off my hood, slowly gets up and runs off. The witnesses on the sidewalk were scared ******less and another driver stopped his car, got out and tries to chase down the guy. This is why I keep calling it a hit and run. :\

So in the end it was all good because the guy was apparently ok, surprisingly. No lawsuits... even though I would have won since everyone saw it was his fault. And I get story to tell.

The only downside to all this is the $500 deductible I have to pay, the five dents on my hood, a scratched bumper and a shattered windshield.

No matter where I take the pictures, you can't see the dents and the scratch so I circled them:

Old 02-27-08, 11:43 PM
tC350
Driver

wow Yiu, I guess that pedestrian friendly hood really works lol.....
Old 02-27-08, 11:54 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

mmmmm....fresh paint
Old 02-28-08, 01:35 AM
Yiujai86
Rookie

they ended up replacing the entire hood. the only places with rock chips now are the side mirrors =)

does anyone know a good place for a clear bra in Miami?
Old 02-29-08, 01:50 PM
brio
Driver School Candidate

Default Expensive to repair and ES 350

I had my first accident yesterday in 41 years of driving. A woman in a Smart car jammed on her brakes in an intersection on a green light when she heard an ambulance. For those of you who have never seem a Smart car: http://www.smartusa.com/ She actually blocked the ambulance and caused an accident. I was behind her. I smashed into her as a Smart car at a slow speed can stop twice as fast as a large car. My Lexus ES350 sustained $10,000 of damage. I thought it was going to be $3,000 to $4,000 and am still in shock. The headlights are each $1500 to replace in Toronto. The frame was not damaged but the air conditioning condenser was. This added another $1000 to the repair. So just these items add up to $4,000 alone. While I was at the accident and sitting in the police car, a truck clipped my driver's mirror. This is another $1000 which I am paying out of my own money to lessen the risk of my insurance company getting fed up with me. Actually, I have a forgiveness clause which says that the first accident is forgiven if you have a safe driving record for 10 years or more. I have never claimed in 28 years with this insurer so I'll have to see what happens.

This Lexus ES350 seems to be jinxed. I have been so unhappy with it and now this. My last bad car was a Buick Park Ave. I had trouble with the car itself and lots of bad luck with cracked windshield and door and mirror damage from broken beer bottles hurled at the car.

I have a rented Mazda 6 being paid for by my insurance. It's a relief to drive a smaller car with much better side and rear visibility. I think my premium car days are coming to an end. Too many hassles and too much cost.

If I have another 41 years of non-accidents I will be very lucky. I'm now 58 and this would bring me up to 99 years of age. I am still very angry at the foolish woman driver who caused me to ruin my good record. The police did not ticket me because he said that no one behind this woman would have faired any better. But the law in Canada still says that I am at fault no matter what stupid thing the driver in front did.
Old 02-29-08, 02:27 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

brio...yiu..... sultana all of you it is great you all seem to be OK, though not so sure that pedestrian yiu... didn't have a few sore days.
Old 02-29-08, 04:32 PM
Kaius88
Lead Lap

Ya think of it this way....yall are not physically hurt.... The car can be replaced... It's only money...which you can make more anyway. I am finally realizing that money/luxury isnt all that important. Unfortunately, it takes a life changing experience to come to that conclusion.
Old 03-02-08, 08:40 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reminds me of a quote my Mother told me years ago....."If you have a problem and money can fix it, then it ain't a problem".

By the way, the body work on the ES looks like it was done very well. Trunk and tail lights are aligned perfectly. Glad no one was hurt.
Old 03-02-08, 03:33 PM
jgtile
Driver

Argh! This post is depressing....I don't want to have an accident in my new Lexus!!!! But glad everyone is ok!
Old 03-03-08, 04:46 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Sorry to hear that...glad to hear you're alright though.
Old 03-06-08, 09:41 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

glad you are alright...and the job looks well done...where did u get it done? i know some places like 1day paint and body don't give it TLC...they just overspray without a care and don't bother taking the tail lights off and what not.

did they also replace ur rear bumper with an oem one? or aftermarket oem style? or bumper repair?
Old 03-09-08, 01:29 AM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

i've had my hit and run last year... some old man in... who knows what kind of car.... sorta looks like the car from Back to the Future.... anyway.... im merging right and he speeds up to try and pass me... realizes he cant and slams the brakes and clips my bumper on the side... only a few scratches at that... but the dude takes off... its too small of a case to really do anything about it... =/ and i talked to some buddies of mine who are into insurance... they said i would've been at fault.. since i was merging... the other guy has complete control of the lane... how messed up is that?!.. -_- well now i just have two streaks along the bottom right of my rear bumper... covered with touch-up paint.. not really noticable.... so that's a plus out of everything...

Quick Reply: Es350 2007 Crash!!!