72.09%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Are most of ES350 owners seniors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-08, 05:45 PM
jgtile
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, Ok...senior? Well, I am glad to hear alot of people on this post are in their 30s. However, I am a YOUNG 49!!! lol. Anyway, I think the ES350 styling and luxury value attracts a variety of ages! I would put my black on black 08 ES UL up against anyone's sporty looking car. In fact, a twentysomething was admiring the car in the parking lot...so I am confident that you don't have to be a "senior" to have the car noticed!
Old 03-07-08, 08:56 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

23 here, it's my first car purchase.

This new ES really looks much younger. It's very conservative in a classy and highly attractive way...this car definitely does not look like it belongs to the senior crowd. I definitely stand out in my age group because most first-time-luxury prefer sporty cars like BMW 3, G35, Acura, an occasional MB C-class...
Old 03-07-08, 09:17 PM
ng123ray
Lead Lap

19 going on 20 here... tell you what though.. this car is definately not my choice.. but it's growing on it... =D just needs a lot more after market options for it...
Old 03-07-08, 11:11 PM
Yiujai86
Rookie

I'm turning 22 yrs old in 3 weeks. I got this car because I thought it was great value. Good mileage, LOTS of room and excellent power. Most my peers/firends (15-24yrs old) keep asking why I didn't get an IS

they dont complain after they get in
Old 03-08-08, 06:46 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's great that you youngsters can afford such a nice car!

I bought my first Lexus (ES300) as a 40th birthday present to myself. Loved it so much that I decided to buy another one. Put a deposit on this one almost two years ago.

Turning 50 next week.

How time flies...
Old 03-08-08, 10:32 AM
jgtile
Driver

Default Happy Birthday Macklin

Originally Posted by Macklin
It's great that you youngsters can afford such a nice car!

I bought my first Lexus (ES300) as a 40th birthday present to myself. Loved it so much that I decided to buy another one. Put a deposit on this one almost two years ago.

Turning 50 next week.

How time flies...
Yeah, tell me about it.... I am getting there in June...ARGH! Plus it is nice to see twentysomethings being able to get a Lexus....I had to get a Toyota Corolla liftback!
Old 03-08-08, 11:54 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jgtile
Yeah, tell me about it.... I am getting there in June...ARGH! Plus it is nice to see twentysomethings being able to get a Lexus....I had to get a Toyota Corolla liftback!
Funny! My best friend in high school drove one. He eeked every bit of horse power that car had...on a daily basis. My parents gave me a hand me down (my older brother) Mazda RX station wagon when I was a senior in high school. Good car that got me through college. Fast on flat land, but sucked wind in the mountains. No torque what so ever. Then I bought a Jeep CJ and moved to Colorado. Four wheeled in the Rockies almost every weekend. OH the memories!
Old 03-08-08, 01:45 PM
Q_Lexie
Driver

Hi. Thanks for the replies!

And yeah, the poll is kind of ambiguous with such title for the thread, I admit. I wanted to find out how many ES350 owners are in my age range. I am 20 BTW.

Before I got this car in July last year, I testdrove other cars like 325i, A4, IS350 and CTS. CTS was quite comfortable and cool, but I didn't like how the car behaved like a much bigger car than it is. And all the other cars made me carsick.

Anyway, glad to find out some ES350 owners are around my age.
Old 03-09-08, 07:43 AM
gappell
Rookie

I think the proper age of a senior is 55+. I would hate to think of a senior as over 30.
Old 03-09-08, 10:23 AM
jgtile
Driver

gappell, I agree...but the closer I get to 55....I think senior should be 60! ha ha!

And Macklin, the older we get, the better memories we have huh! Funny, back when the memories were occurring we probably *****ed back then about getting old!!! lol.

And Q Lexie, 20!!!! 20!!!! Ok, did you come into a fortune or are you a Silicon Valley Google.com inventor? Must be good living! Seriously, congrats if you can buy a Lexus at 20 (or did you buy it at 19...don't tell me...ha ha).
Old 03-09-08, 04:58 PM
justbass
Driver School Candidate

Oh boy! Old at over 30!

I can remember when I was in my teens thinking that I would never make it to 30, coz, that was old and near death.

Hmmmm, my daughter is 22and my son is 20, and I can't believe that they will be old in a matter of a few years according to this pole.

Now, let me sit down somewhere, I need a nap, .... this ES looks good!
Old 03-09-08, 05:01 PM
jgtile
Driver

Hey justbass, wait till you have grandkids. Haven't turned 50 and got 2 grandkids! My youngest is 23 and just graduated college (that's why I got my Lexus...graduation gift for me!!!!).
Old 03-09-08, 08:23 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

I should also note that fate gave me a car with the little tail spoiler. While I almost wanted to have it removed (dealer said it would hurt the paint), it has grown on me and now I fully appreciate that it adds just the right youthful kick to the car.

When I said Lexus, all my friends assumed IS as well. I was never really attracted to the IS line, and taking a ride in an IS350 with the dealer really strengthened my feelings. The backseat is nonexistent with a 6-footer like me up front.
Old 03-10-08, 01:10 PM
codex57
Rominl Stalker

Originally Posted by Kaius88
I think we have a good number of ES350 owners who are in their 30s. I believe people in their 20s are a bit immature to realize the quality, practicality and value of the ES350. If they can afford it, they often get an IS, G35, BMW whatever, etc. I believe that the ES350 is a car for "true professionals" and not necessarily "seniors". The ambiguity comes from the fact that it takes many years to become a true professional. This niche is sophisticated enough to know what is good. Therefore, I dont expect a 20-year-old to appreciate this car as much as I do. BTW, my neighbor just got a silver ES350 PP+. She's 92.
29 here. I disagree with that statement. The one common feature of the alternative cars you mentioned is sportiness. Something the ES350 lacks. It's not that most people in their 20s are immature and don't know what quality, practicality, and value are. After all, the Toyota Camry has basically all the quality, practicality, and even more value than the ES350.

This car isn't for "true professionals". This is a car for people who value luxury and comfort over everything else. That's the purpose of the ES350. The IS is for those who want sportiness. The people who value luxury and comfort over everything else tend to be those who don't value excitement foremost in their cars. They want comfort. Typically, that means older folks. And those folks normally wouldn't be on a car forum like this. Sorry, but your definition of "true professional" actually means "old fogie." Like your 92 year old neighbor.

I'd normally be in the market for that IS, BMW, or G35. However, I just had a kid. This car is the primary baby mobile. So, while sportiness is the foremost feature I'd like, the responsibilities of a kid make comfort and space the primary features of my car purchase. The G35 and possibly the Acura TL might have worked, but with toyota techs in the family, it was a no brainer to go with the ES350. Even with all the reported problems (which are appearing as we speak).

If I were single or sans-kid and wanted a cruise mobile, this is a pretty awesome car for that purpose. It can appeal to the younger crowd, just a very small niche of them.
Old 03-10-08, 04:33 PM
jgtile
Driver

Hey codex57, agree with your assessment of the IS....too small for people that have more than 2 people in the family! I also don't agree that all twentysomethings are immature...some are and some aren't. Of course I know people my age (49) are also immature and some aren't!!!! And, some of us "older" folk do are computer literate and on this forum....and some aren't. Hey, at least you are part of the ES family like all of us right!!!! Also, I agree that the ES350 is a nice luxury car that has a "sporty" look. That's why I got it. And, as you eluded to, it is not for the "true driving enthusiast", as I have read throughout the Internet. By that it is meant, going around a curve at high speeds and "hugging the road without any body roll". I preferred quiet and comfort to "hugging the road at 75 mph). Sounds like you and I like the same stuff...and I am "older"....but I am probably less mature than you!! ha ha!!

Quick Reply: Are most of ES350 owners seniors?